Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What motivates you to exercise? watch

ReputationRep:
    It gives me something to talk about you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concav)
    Your freak friend may be doing more harm than good metabolically. Why are you also referring to your friend as 'fit'? Your response is invalid if it's related to hypertrophic training.
    Hypertrophic training does make you fitter, particularly if you limit the amount of rest between sets. 1 minute rest between sets and if you're working hard enough you'll be knackered by the end of your workout.

ReputationRep:
    - Added strength, power and endurance.
    - More productive as a result.
    - Better fitness and physique.

ReputationRep:
    Being an aesthetic god, and feeling super-human compared to non-lifters.

Sort of serious....

ReputationRep:
    So I can ascend Mount Olympus and take my seat in the hall of the gods.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Angry cucumber;[url="tel:67354494")
    67354494[/url]]People often post on here looking for motivation for weight loss or building muscle.

So my question to you TSR... what motivates you to exercise and keep healthy?
    I see how much Cucumber lifts and think... If an average guy like that, can lift such decent weight, then so can i!

Cucumber is pretty broken for a young man and is therefore inspirational in testing times.

I want to be part of #teamcucumber and one day will bench 45kg DBs for 5 reps.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    I see how much Cucumber lifts and think... If an average guy like that, can lift such decent weight, then so can i!

Cucumber is pretty broken for a young man and is therefore inspirational in testing times.

I want to be part of #teamcucumber and one day will bench 45kg DBs for 5 reps.
    yeah man, you will become better. You will assail to the great heights of the bw bench and beyond.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Angry cucumber;[url="tel:67360660")
    67360660[/url]]yeah man, you will become better. You will assail to the great heights of the bw bench and beyond.
    The bw bench? Is that some kind of sick joke?!? Cucumber, you know this is a sensitive time for me.... Plz stap the h8.
    Haters can be so mean
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    The bw bench? Is that some kind of sick joke?!? Cucumber, you know this is a sensitive time for me.... Plz stap the h8.
    Haters can be so mean
    Nah bro, I'm saying you're gonna come back and become hench brah

ReputationRep:
    my horrible thunder thighs

ReputationRep:
    getting fitter and healthier

hope to live a long time

body transformation pics

enjoy it (sports)

good way to take a break, clear your head, and feel relaxed afterwards (e.g. good whilst working, exam period etc..)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Angry cucumber;[url="tel:67361488")
    67361488[/url]]Nah bro, I'm saying you're gonna come back and become hench brah
    Aw ok mate. For a minute i thought you were firing shots.

I will with your help. 'Only to be used on horses' - aye, ok

One of the drugs i have in mind will make me more hench, the other will make me not care if i'm hench or not
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I cycle to work, since is faster than walking. Money is a good motivator too.

My fitness freak friend is one of the reasons I stay healthy. I remember when we had lunch together once and we ordered the same thing. He asked if I wanted his tomatoes, because he doesn't want the sugar! His body fat is always about 7-8% during summer time and like 12% during the winter time. He only cheats two-three times a year, so he eats the same things every other day in the year. I remember when I slapped his right tricep once and it felt like slapping a rock. He's very stringent with his diet.

Another reason for me to stay healthy, is because I don't want to disrespect the donor of the kidney.
    Yeah I'm the same for my BM donor. I'm determined to remain healthy

However refusing a tomato on sugar grounds isn't a healthy relationship with food

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get fitter & healthier, plus boost confidence due to a better physique!

ReputationRep:
    Partly for health.
    Partly for fitness goals (as fit as somebody who wished to join the armed forces, i also want to lift my own bodyweight).
    Partly because having still being skinny even a decade ago i remember how attractive i was and the success i had with women - an element of restoring my former glory
    Partly because i'm an egotist who views life as something to be conquered by my own will.

It was touch and go there for a few years but it would seem right now that the war has turned in my favour.

ReputationRep:
    My health! That's actually my biggest motivation. Every step I take I think of it as getting me closer to a healthy body. It is the best medicine for the mind ad body and the only side effects are a smoking hot body.

ReputationRep:
    To force endorphins to travel across axon terminals and keeps me thinking forward during the day lol. Also provides control for me during a period of my life (studying) when I have little and that keeps me going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    People often post on here looking for motivation for weight loss or building muscle.

So my question to you TSR... what motivates you to exercise and keep healthy?
    Once I get into it I feel really good, knowing that it's healthy and I'll feel so happy about myself afterwards. Especially when you see gradual differences in the areas you work on, it adds to your confidence...like working towards something and it being worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    I picked a sport I enjoy so I don't need to force myself.

Once you're used to exercising you feel worse NOT doing it so now my body is used to 4+ work outs a week I feel like **** if I take a week off, so I don't.

I like to eat and I also like not being overweight. So lots of exercise helps out there.

ReputationRep:
    Lifting big and eating big is addicting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.