Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling really insecure about my height :( watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'0 and wish I was your height

ReputationRep:
    5ft and shortest out of all my friends as well, I hate my height

(Original post by slade p)
    Funny that it's a girl moaning about her height, most guys don't have a problem with short girls even if 5'2, most guys in fact may prefer shorter girls so that they will feel more comfortable about their own height. I'm tall so I do like treating short girls like children in a patronising fun way but most guys are not tall.
    Even 5'2 so I am extremely short

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, it's better as a girl to be short than be really tall. Most guys like shorter girls anyway.Also, I have it worse so I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm 16 and only 4 ft 9. I'm the same height as my mum and I don't expect to grow anymore. I literally look like an 11 year old!

I'm a fairly short guy at just over 5'6 (fully grown), although I would date girls that were taller than me, I prefer to date shorter girls as I find them easier to approach and are less likely to find me being fairly short as an issue (some girls are very picky about the height of guys). So really don't worry about being short - There are a lot of guys out there who would prefer to date someone your size than someone taller.

ReputationRep:
    Smurfette > Andre The Giant

ReputationRep:
    You're complaining about being too small and I complain about being too tall😂😂

I'm 5'10 and I hate it, I'm taller than loads of guys which really annoys me- I can't really wear heels either as I look like a moron

ReputationRep:
    People come in all shapes and sizes. I've got a friend who has to duck when going through doors!

Me, my issue all through school was "heaviness"... I'm not particularly/disgustingly fat, but I have the kind of body that screams "nightclub bouncer" rather than "king of the dance floor". As the years have gone by, I've chosen things that fit being ridiculously strong but not quite so skinny/nimble so I've played a lot of rugby and judo and tended to avoid tap dancing and free-running.

You'll find your zone and it'll all work out in the end.

On a personal note, I find short girls ridiculously attractive and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

ReputationRep:
    men are far less selective than women in terms of height so you don't have much to worry about in that respect

your career fears are even less well founded, your height will not hold you back in the slightest...

ReputationRep:
    Short girls are hot

ReputationRep:
    Most if not all guys wouldn't even think it's an issue. You're not a smurf, just 2 inches below average.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 4'11 and I was really insecure about my height too but now I just learn to accept it. You are short but not extremely short like me. You're an inch taller the Kim kardashian to put it into context...

The oldest surgeon in Russia is a woman who is 150cm. She is a lot shorter than you but it never stopped her. Don't be insecure about your height. First off, your a pretty average height for a girl but also because height doesn't matter, it's how you carry yourself that matters. I mean look at Kevin hart-he's 5'3 but because of his confidence, people don't notice his height but rather his personality.
    Love yourself

ReputationRep:
    Hello, you don't need to worry about being small or anything! Im sure guys here would agree with me that a smaller girl is better in my opinion girls are meant to be smaller than guys so it really isn't a problem!. You will get picked on more for being really tall in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a girl and I'm 5'2 and the shortest out of all my friends I feel like I'll look like a child to guys and none of them will take me seriously to date me everyone knows tall girls are seen as lithe and hot with their long legs.
    I also want to become a surgeon when I graduate but I feel like my height will hold me back because I'm short and won't be taken seriously in the operation theatre :/
    I'm past growing anymore. I wish I'd slept more when I was younger or drank milk but both my parents are short, I would've liked to have been my dads height though which would be average height for a girl, as opposed to my height.
    What shall I do? Idk how to increase my confidence and my height is really getting me down and how I can't become a surgeon because of it
    Don't worry about it, I am 4'11 and am also the shortest among my friends In terms of it affecting your job that is nonsense, I too hope to go into medicine (surgery) and your height will in no way hold you back!

ReputationRep:
    If your a girl, wear heels, best option
    Otherwise just own it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ngl, I ain't that tall myself, I'm 5'5.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.