Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOL exactly, that's why I had to make this thread, regardless of some wet people getting their feelings hurt 😂
    (Original post by StudentInSociety)
    LOOOL this is basically me and everyone I know. I can't hack 3 years of people not understanding Grime or Afrobeat references. People be looking at me like "haha, yeah, that's sooo funny... (did you get that Becky? I don't know what she meant either)"

Nahhh I'll go mad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, that's made things seem a bit better Lool xx
    (Original post by Disney0702)
    Hello!

I finished my first year studying General Engineering at Warwick.

I'm from London too and I, like you, was quite worried about not finding people that were similar to the people from home.

But as soon as I got there I was incredibly surprised to find that there were actually too many Londoners over at Warwick!!! And it was amazing to see them all because I suppressed my slang when I first moved in because I was scared of what the other "normal" people would think but as soon as I met my fellow Warwick Londoners my slang just slipped out and I couldn't stop lol!

Do not worry! When you're in uni you'll find your group of friends easily! Or they'll find you! ;-)

I found all of my closest uni friends within the first week and the majority of them are from various parts of London.

One of the easiest ways to catch out the Surrey people that say they're from London is by asking "what line are you on" (London underground) its so funny to see them recoil lol!

Congrats on making it to Warwick you'll have a lovely time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborahxo)
    I'm moving into my accomodation in a few weeks to get ready for Freshers (think i'm going to utilise Coventry and Leicester's freshers events), and i just wanted to know if there are any other black (or not even necessarily black, but just urban) girls/guys from London who feel they may be a bit out of comfort zone in Warwick. Music wise, i dont think i can especially flex to what i can expect to hear at most of the Warwick freshers events.

How are you guys feeling? If you stumbled upon this post i'm pretty sure you had or have had reasonably similar thoughts to myself

Yeah, we ain't gonna be hearing no bashment in Warwick loool... Unless it's a flat party

BTW, hey everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemgawd99)
    I'm scared I will feel the same. I'm from south London lol gonna be hella weird coming from south London to move to somewhere like Birmingham or bath :/ . I'm hoping to go to Warwick next year and good luck
    If you ent from a well posh area in London, you’ll fit in just fine in birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting at Warwick next month but will still spit a 16 on the spot

ReputationRep:
    Black but not urban. Decidely UN-urban in fact (from an island.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position!!! So happy I've seen this thread cus I was stressing about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leecyyy)
    I'm in the same position!!! So happy I've seen this thread cus I was stressing about this
    Honestly its gonna be fine haha.... what accommodation did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TyeMc)
    Honestly its gonna be fine haha.... what accommodation did you get?
    Jack Martin wbu?

ReputationRep:
    hiii guyss, I dunno if I'm too late for the party but I'm in the same situation. All my friends are excited to start and I'm just screwing the freshers event page loool

ReputationRep:
    I'm from South London too but not very urban xD Haven't majorly stressed about this, freshers festival looks alright - Fuse odg etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.