Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what are the chance we will go to war? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Zero chance. Nil. Zip. Nada.

If you're "terrified to the brink of tears" get a newspaper or switch on the news. Educate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Someones been watching too much of the old James Bond movies recently.

War with Russia is a crazy idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    My son is in Germany too. Been there for the last year.
    oh wow that sucks. if he based there or on a posting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Zero chance. Nil. Zip. Nada.

If you're "terrified to the brink of tears" get a newspaper or switch on the news. Educate yourself.
    i am educated, just not with politics. chill ya beans

(Original post by Dhanny)
    Someones been watching too much of the old James Bond movies recently.

War with Russia is a crazy idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i actually dont like james bond haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    yea theyd obliterate us !

im terrified to the brink of tears!
    he thinks it would happen next yr, not this yr if it did happen
    Who do you mean by "us"?
    Just the UK? Well yeah, sure they'd probably defeat us, but NATO as a whole? Not. A. Chance

ReputationRep:

ah i guess when you put it like that. youv made me feel so much better. thankyou <3
    NP, it's so normal for countries to prepare their military for really way out political scenarios, you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    i just imagined each of the leaders (w.e u call em) stood on the boarder with a giant magnifying glass waving their cocks at each other hahaha
    Lol, this is pretty much what it is. Just with tanks and planes and all the rest and making sure the other side knows they've got them.

I'd be more worried about him getting pissed and breaking his leg or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Who do you mean by "us"?
    Just the UK? Well yeah, sure they'd probably defeat us, but NATO as a whole? Not. A. Chance
    well yea but u kno what i mean

(Original post by DicksOut4Haraam)
    NP, it's so normal for countries to prepare their military for really way out political scenarios, you have nothing to worry about.
    ah thats ok then haha have to cover their backs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Lol, this is pretty much what it is. Just with tanks and planes and all the rest and making sure the other side knows they've got them.

I'd be more worried about him getting pissed and breaking his leg or something.
    wouldnt surprise me lol his not long had surgery for an ankle break as it is lol
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Not gonna happen. If there will be a war, it would be in the Eastern Europe which is far away from here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Not gonna happen. If there will be a war, it would be in the Eastern Europe which is far away from here.
    well as long as it dont happen
    his cores survival statistics arent good

ReputationRep:
    russia
    apparently they have only recently started prepping for war with them
    war between 2 countries powerful enough to obliterate the entire world ? Yep that seems really likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Who do you mean by "us"?
    Russia has 1,700 nuclear warheads on ICBMs fast enough to penetrate any missile defense. Please think before you write.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcneill98)
    Russia has 1,700 nuclear warheads on ICBMs fast enough to penetrate any missile defense. Please think before you write.
    And they'll never f*cking use them!
    YOU should think before you write.

ReputationRep:
    talking to my boyfriend about it and their prepping for war and it terrifies me as his a soldier and will have to go.

they have already done exercises to establish a rough time of how long they would survive for in a war zone and the statistics for his area (ground based air defence/artillery) is less then 10minutes :/
    A bit out of topic but the data that your boyfriend passed on to you is meant to be confidential I believe. He shouldn't be telling anyone outside his workplace let alone publish it on a public forum!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think people understand that war in this day and age would be the end of the earth, literally we would stop existing.

ReputationRep:
    You're boyfriend is a liar. He's bigging himself up, probably because he is MPGS or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeus007)
    I don't think people understand that war in this day and age would be the end of the earth, literally we would stop existing.
    exactly. No govmnt. is going to sit back and allow their country to be invaded and destroyed because theyre too afraid to use a nuclear bomb. And after one country does it, a retaliation strike would come followed by mass destruction. Naive western military cant seem to realise this though and through money at offensive weaponry while countries like China, North Korea, Russia and Iran defend.
    Now that NK has a nuke, nobody will attack them. it is the ultimate deterant.

ReputationRep:
    oh wow that sucks. if he based there or on a posting?
    Yes, the posting is for three years. So he has two more years ago and then he's done. His wife is in the same regiment. They are there to move UK troops out of Germany over the 3 year period.
    He has had enough now. Been in the Army 16 years. Done 2 tours of Afghanistan and was in at the beginning of the Iraq war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeus007)
    I don't think so. And the reason I think that is that I just can't see a country having the obscene stupidity to launch ICBM's at anyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.