Just one more year left... [My year 13 blog]

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Saturday 24th September - chemistrryyy
    Yeah poor chem is being neglected over maths. So I thought today I would do plenty of chemistry
    Its now around 3am as I am typing this.
    I've kinda read a bit and made some notes from "Guidebook to Mechanisms in Organic Chemistry" and now I've just realised the time.
    And I should really go to bed because a lot of the stuff I'm reading doesn't really make sense lol.
    I'm finding it a pretty tough read, esp this late at night. Ahh chemistry will all make sense one day.

Spent most of the day though chilling at my friends house and eating loads of crap

I did read & make notes on the inverse trig chapter for FP2 and tried some questions this morning as I was waiting for my laptop to update.
    Did 6 questions then stopped as I think one question frustrated me lol.
    It was differentiate tan^-1[x/(1+x^2)]

I've also done some sketching graphs, which I guess are interviewy type questions because why not.
    So sketching y=e^(-x)^2, y=e^(-(x)^2), y=x^x, y=(sinx)*(e^x)
    Then checked on Desmos (graph sketching app) after working all the stuff out and sketching them.
    I kinda had to stare at the y=x^x for a while before I got it.

EDIT: It is now 22:47 and I've decided to start that chem revision I said I would do.
    Kinda spent the day in town and watched a bit of KUWTK.
    But I guess I am more productive during the night anyway.
    I don't mind doing chemistry notes until 3am again anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday 25th September - homework night
    Its that time. Time to get all the homework done for next week
    Just finished (ish) it then and it feels quite nice.
    Well I've got maths homework but I can do that in the morning its due in. I'm not too fussed about that.

Edexcel C3 Jan 2012 - 72/75 (A*) - 94 UMS
    Ew I hate converting raw to UMS on Edexcel. Don't like downloading it each time
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Q1, Q2, Q5, Q6, Q7 all fine
    Q4 - dropped a mark for not working out the normal right.
    If dx/dy=8 then I should work out dy/dx=1/8 therefore the normal is -8.
    Not dx/dy=8 therefore normal is -1/8 hmmm

Q8 - dropped two marks for not working out tan(x+pi/6)=tan(2pi - x)
    I worked out tan(x+pi/6)=tan(pi-x) so I then assumed that would be enough.

An easy paper (high boundaries) so losing those marks were a bit annoying.
    Although now the marks I've lost weren't on stupid things! Which I guess is good because there is little tiny gaps in my knowledge I guess.
    Physics homework on gravitational fields etc done, SHM done.
    Chemistry homework on rate equations and stuff done, drawing 3 graphs for this practical done, writing up stuff done.
    Need to revise for a test on Tuesday but ill do that tomorrow night.

What I done today - made notes for AS chemistry & extra on orbitals & hybridisation.
    I haven't finished notes for AS chemistry yet because I am slow
    Its roughly 9 A4 pages currently because detailed notes

Chem further reading - got myself Why chemical reactions happen from the library today.
    And bought an oxford chemistry primer on chemical bonding.
    Hopefully they'll be useful! They should be

ReputationRep:
    Friday 30th September - its nearly October?!
    I hate the way everything is going so fast. It doesn't feel like it has been a month!
    UCAS PS is getting there. On the verge of being done, probs only need one more edit then I can send off my UCAS.

Ooooh my molymod set came today It is sooooo not a procrastination tool promise.
    Chemistry - I still haven't finished revising AS chemistry. I kinda want to nail that first before I dive into making A level chem notes.
    I think I'll focus on organic when I do get onto year 13 chem notes as well.

Physics - I kinda need to get myself organised for it but its the least of my priorities rn

Maths - maybe try and get C4 done by November? I've been going through the AQA C3 textbook & trying to do all the exercises as quick as I can so I can spend my maths lessons doing further maths stuff (hopefully my maths teacher wont get mad at me)
    I don't want to waste the recent AQA C3 past papers just yet. I'll do all the edexcel ones for now.
    Probs do the old ones over the new few weeks.
    I think I am going tell my teachers to give me a mock in a few weeks time so maybe I'll do the latest ones before that.

Further maths - I like the lectures, its just content and maybe a few worked solutions to exam questions.
    I hope I get an A in FM. I hope to get as much FP2 content done by November as well. Slightly optimistic but if I make use of my time.

How I'm feeling - not stressed yet but idk sometimes I feel like i am going to do crap this year.
    I don't feel too confident. Oh well.
    I also wish I knew I wanted to do chem at the start of year 12 lol.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 4th October - UCAS
    Its nearly that time to send it off. The application which will shape my future as soon as my teachers have sorted out their references...
    I have pretty much finished my personal statement after 5 drafts.
    I just need one more sentence to round it off and have it end nicely.
    Probs get that done tomorrow by showing it to someone in school before showing it to my UCAS mentor who will give it that final check.
    Rn I am set on applying for straight chem (4 years) at Oxford, Imperial, Durham, Warwick & York.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In terms of predicted grades I think I am going to get predicted A*A*AA with a definite A in further maths.
    My school is a bit iffy on A* predictions. I am one of a few predicted with them I think.
    Its understandable though since they have a reputation to defend, so they aren't going to exaggerate them.
    Which is bad for me because I don't want to it wreck it for them dat pressure tho.
    I've been a little sick lately (yes the cold has hit me I can't handle it) so productivity has hit an all time low.
    I tried to read some Chemical Bonding (Oxford Chem Primer) the other day and I can't even concentrate anymore.
    I want to get through that before Why Chemical Reactions Happen.

AS chemistry notes is still ongoing. I don't understand what is taking me so long!
    But I'll get there by the end of the week.

C3 papers have come to a halt as I am concentrating on chem & physics.
    But I am voluntarily doing a mock in it after half term fingers crossed for 90%!
    I also looked at an FP2 paper the other day and it doesn't seem too scary as previously thought.
    Tomorrow I think I will try and go through the FP2 & FP3 online textbooks and do some exercises.
    Perhaps even do a bit of AS chem note making as well.

still don't feel too confident about the future as per.
    I feel like I am going to be stressing so much in November.
    I feel like I am going to do crap in the TSA which won't look too good for my Oxford application even though it won't mean too much (but I guess that is good because then I definitely won't get my hopes up lol)
    Same goes for the interview at Imperial if I get one.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday 5th October - catching up

MATHS
    Still annoyed that my maths teacher won't let me do further maths stuff in lessons and forces me to copy out his examples
    Well he let me do like 10mins of it in lessons today after I copied out his examples :/
    Its so unfair. I've spoke to my head of maths multiple times about it and it is like she doesn't even care tbh.
    [I'm ranting again don't mind me]

PHYSICS
    I've been making some physics notes and ngl I am enjoying it
    I don't always understand it first time round and I have to keep making notes until I get it.
    If I can get these topics out of the way (plus do questions) by the end of this month
    I should be on track for my little plan for next year:
    Spoiler:
    Show

-Circular Motion
    -Simple Harmonic Motion
    -Gravitational fields
    -Thermal Physics
    -Electric Fields
    FURTHER MATHS
    I am determined to get FP2 content learnt by November and nailing more C3 papers.
    So need to get Inverse trig, hyperbolic functions & arc length out of the way.
    Need to make nice new notes to revise the stuff.

CHEMISTRY
    Plus finish AS chem notes by half term in a few weeks time. I CAN DO THIS.
    Aiming also for 2 TSA papers a weekend so I am prepared (hopefully) for the test in November too.
    Btw I've been using a CIE textbook (i downloaded it online somewhere ) to make my notes from.
    It is just easier with online pdfs for some reason.
    I must say CIE seems waaaay harder lol. They have quite a bit on orbitals as well which is interesting.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Physical notes
    Topic 1 Chemical formulae and moles
    Topic 2 The structure of the atom
    Topic 3 Chemica l bonding in simple molecules
    Topic 4 Solids, liquids and gases
    Topic 5 Energy changes in chemistry
    Topic 6 Acids and bases
    Topic 7 Oxidation and reduction
    Topic 8 Rates of reaction
    Topic 9 Equilibria

Inorganic notes
    Topic 10 Periodicity
    Topic 11 Group 17

Organic notes
    Topic 12 Introduction to organic chemistry
    Topic 13 Alkanes
    Topic 14 Alkenes
    Topic 15 Halogenoalkanes
    Topic 16 Alcohols
    Topic 17 Aldehydes and ketones
    Topic 18 Carboxylic acids and esters
    October plan (summary)
    -Learn all FP2 content & do all the exercises in AQA online textbook
    -Make new FP2 notes
    -Finish AS Chem notes
    -Make notes for physics on Circular motion, SHM, Thermal, Fields
    -Do all the TSA past papers

November plan [providing I meet my october targets]
    -Make sure I know AS Chem like the back of my hand
    -Learn a lot of A level Chem
    -Attempt a few chem Olympiad questions, Cambridge chemistry challenge questions
    -Read a bit of Why chem reactions happen, chemical bonding primer, etc just general reading around
    -Scare myself by doing a FP2 past paper? - idk
    -At this point I should have covered content for two chapters out of 5 for FP3

ReputationRep:
    Monday 10th October - progress
    I've been pretty moody lately. I haven't sent off UCAS yet! I probably will tomorrow.
    In terms of courses I have been changing my mind a lot
    All straight chem. I am not applying to Warwick but instead UCL. So 4/5 of my choices will have an interview (only Durham doesn't have an interview!). Idk how I am gonna afford to go to them lol but I'll sort that out when it happens.

I am so pessimistic.

Currently wanting to curl up in a ball and die with my foundations of organic chemistry primer that I'm reading rn -
    its so I don't feel guilty about not doing any productive work. I just feel a bit sick and I am already starting to have stressful thoughts.
    I'm being silly now i must stop with the negativity - its probs my horrid cramps making me all like this.

Well I guess I am on track to meet my October goals.
    This morning read over and condensed my new notes.
    I guess you could say AS Chem has now been revised-ish.
    I'll probs start A2 notes tomorrow.
    I've already made notes on Acids & Bases, Rates, Entropy stuff, and like the aldehydes, ketones, alcohols, optical isomerism stuff. And some nitration of benzene. I can't really remember what else. I need to go over stuff before the summer on amino acids, proteins, dna stuff.

I think I can cover the FP2 hyperbolics chapter (quite big ngl) by tomorrow, if I do a bit tonight!
    Its ok FP2 i can handle with cramps
    FP2 notes shouldn't take too long since its maths and I'll probs only end up with a few pages in total.
    I have to be honest. I haven't done the inverse trig chapter yet! I'll do that now!
    As soon as I can start FP2 papers I'll be a happy human.

TSA I am leaving until half term. I just can't bring myself to do them.
    Same goes for physics. And I'll be doing plenty of C3 papers as well.
    lol can it just be half term already.
    I kinda bunked off my physics double today as well
    Tbh some of my physics lessons are completely useless anyway.
    I could say the same for some of my chem lessons. oh lol i could say the same to pretty much all of my lessons.
    [im moaning again]
    I promise i won't rant about no study leave this year

I do wonder if anyone reads this blog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pentaquark)
    I do wonder if anyone reads this blog
    Don't worry I do
    Been following you for quite some time and just saying you're doing incredibly well! Keep going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just started following you. I'm in my final year too and god reading your blog makes me feel like I'm waayy behind. Your so organised! Rooting for
    you!!

ReputationRep:
    aw you guys are too kind its motivating to know people do follow this blog!!
    Honestly it makes my day
    Oooh I feel like I should be more specific from now on as well.

AQA FP2 online textbook work
    So today reading through the inverse trig chapter for FP2
    I then tried to differentiate y= [tan^-1(3x^2 + 1)]/(1+x^2) which was alright.
    After that I made notes on the proofs of the integrals of 1/(a^2 + x^2) and 1/[(a^2 - x^2)^1/2] which I have to commit to memory.
    Took me a couple of minutes to figure out that they used the sec^2 x identity for the first proof
    After staring at the proofs for 5-10 minutes I then done all the questions on Ex5D (five questions) which didn't take too long
    ~10minutes and found it fairly straight forward thankfully.
    I'm still dying of cramps though! and it doesn't help that I only had 3 hours sleep last night
    I had a break after that and ended up having a little nap on the sofa downstairs, then a shower.

Again I like to read the worked examples & then get straight into doing the questions and checking them after each one.
    I don't find it to be that useful if I be honest writing out worked examples.
    I've pretty much finished Ex5E so thats inverse trig chapter done? ish.
    I need to get used to these integrals, I want to be able to do them with my eyes closed I guess.
    So I guess a bit more practice tomorrow before moving onto hyperbolics.

I'm finding FP2 okay, a lot of stuff tho. It is certainly harder than C3 by a mile I would say.
    But I think an A could be on the cards if I really plow through with everything.
    Hopefully FP3 will be similar. I need to get comfortable with all the calculus if I want everything to go smoothly,
    so practice practice practice.
    I think I need to go to bed now I'm still in a bit of pain ughhh

ReputationRep:
    Friday 14th October - UCAS sent
    Its so scary lol. like its all gonna start happening omg
    ANYWAY PROGRESS UPDATE - possibly on track for October goals? hmm

Maths & FM
    FP2 - ugh I need to revise. FM A2 I'm finding a huuge step up from AS.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What I've covered (I really do need to revise them though!!!)
    Chapter 1: Complex numbers
    Chapter 2: Roots of polynomial equations
    Chapter 3: Summation of finite series
    Chapter 4: De Moivre’s theorem and its applications
    Chapter 5: Inverse trigonometrical functions
    Chapter 6: Hyperbolic functions
    Chapter 7: Arc length and area of surface of revolution
    FP3 - again I need to revise. From the tiny bit I've covered, I think its a bit harder than FP2,
    From the lectures I have covered enough stuff that I should be able to do Chapter 1 (out of 5) in FP3.
    C3 - will do past papers over half term and hopefully 90% in mock!

Chemistry
    I am going to follow this http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/aqa-a2-chemistry.html & do the tests.
    Teacher gave us our 2016 papers to do again a few weeks ago and I managed
    69/80 in 2016 AQA AS paper 1 & 68/80 in paper 2 as well.
    This follows the AQA CHEM4 old spec
    Spoiler:
    Show
    3.4.1 Kinetics 50/50 (14/10/16)
    plus How far how fast II test 49/50 (new spec so inc. Kp)
    ​3.4.2 Equilibria 48/50(14/10/16)
    3.4.3 Acids and Bases (on going...)
    3.4.4 Nomenclature and Isomerism in Organic Chemistry
    3.4.5 Compounds containing the Carbonyl Group (on going...)

3.4.6 Aromatic Chemistry
    3.4.7 Amines
    ​3.4.8 Amino Acids
    3.4.9 Polymers​
    3.4.10 Organic Synthesis and Analysis
    ​3.4.11 Structure Determination
    Physics
    erm. I need practice, I need to stop putting it off.
    Will be doing the question sets from http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...n/a-level-aqa/
    one day... [half term?]

ReputationRep:
    Saturday 15th October - physics
    Basically just went through the Oxford AQA Physics textbook (which I don't particularly like but tbh the questions are alright)
    and used sticky notes to condense all the waffle plus do the summary questions & exam questions on bigger sticky notes.
    I like sticky notes as you can tell lol.
    Its been okay reading the stuff & the summary questions are rather easy (effort tho).
    Again physics is just practice and I've been doing/plan to do waaaay more exam questions for it this year.

I need to revise AS physics but probs do that over half term.
    And will do the same sort of revising method with sticky notes -
    they seem to help and make me feel like I've done loads of productive work

Rant about physics teacher...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Its so annoying that my physics teacher is terrible. Like physics is probably the hardest to self teach imo
    And I'm just looking at all the stuff and its like fml, I could be spending this time doing other useful things!!
    People in my class cba with her lessons because honestly its a waste of our time.
    She either doesn't turn up, turns up late, or we just stick in sheets/read the spec for the whole lesson.
    When she does teach its like 5 mins of this and that (like basic stuff) blah blah and we will finish the spec by February!!!
    I just end up doing nothing in lessons which I guess isn't a good thing.
    I need to be more proactive!
    Probs should just bring the textbook in class and do my own thing.
    I'm just glad the other physics teacher is decent. Although I do need to listen more in his lessons
    I kinda chill in his lessons tbf. Not good.
    [note to myself] anyway...
    ITS UP TO ME TO PUT THE WORK IN AND GET A GOOD GRADE IN PHYSICS.
    IT WILL BE MY FAULT IF I DO CRAP IN IT.
    I WILL GET AN A IN A LEVEL PHYSICS. I CAN DO THIS

So far I've covered Circular motion & SHM in the textbook ~32 pages read & attacked with sticky notes plus
    answered all those questions

Probs get done all the questions from the Maths & Physics tutor past paper question sets on SHM & Circular motion tomorrow.
    Maybe get Thermal Physics done tomorrow if I spend my entire Sunday (gotta leave time for procrastination right?) but idk.
    Might do FP2 revision instead I kinda want a chilled Sunday.
    And then all I've got left to do is fields to reach my October goal!

I also need to sort out some notes my teacher gave me for AS Chem.
    I'm gonna read them, maybe make a few notes as I go through the little pile of random sheets & booklets, and then bin them.
    I simply don't have room for it (and I kinda like my own notes ygm) - I binned the majority of my notes from last year.

Hmm just gotta keep going.
    Gotta buy some time to really prepare for my chem interviews and get that A* in A level chemistry as well.
    Plus buy some time to focus on FM and maybe work towards the A* for that if I really nail down on everything.
    Anyone selling some time?

ReputationRep:
    Monday 17th October - quality>quantity
    My thought of the day... [motivational?]
    A question I get asked multiple times is how much revision do you do at home.
    Looking at what I've achieved so far from September and ngl I'm quite proud of myself.
    Efficiency is getting there this year and I'm pretty pleased with how its going -ish.

Anyway back onto the question...
    No I don't revise like 6 hrs straight nor do I barely do any (lol cmon, this blog is evident of that).
    I do just enough and I'm quite efficient with my time if I do say so myself.
    Well I would say 2-3 hours work after school a day is just enough for me though.
    And obv it depends what you do in that time!!!
    Weekends again it depends what I'm doing, I probably do ~3-4 hours work.
    I think I get a lot done within that time as well. Idk I'm happy with how I'm working this year. But I mean its not perfect by any means. Probs because im more focused bc unis and stuff.

I've had multiple people question this to me at school already, as if to say how are you even coping or not stressing out.
    I swear one girl at school literally asked me this like twenty times during AS lol.
    I always answer with the "you just do it" and tbf what else is there to say?!
    And I always get the same old reply, but how do you have time?! [lol idk]

You just gotta get that damn homework done then.
    [yes as I am typing this I have that one piece of homework I cba doing because I find it pointless & a waste of time]
    I've tried so hard to stop complaining this year and now I just get on with it.
    No matter how pointless it is to you, x minutes out of your life to get it out of the way is worth it.
    Yes those x minutes could be spent watching that film you've wanted to see for aaaages [i know]
    And probs won't even take you that long if you are focused & not keep putting it off.

On this blog I don't tend to put timings on how long it takes me to cover such and such, as some people can get through things faster than others. I'd spend like aages reading threads on tsr on how long it would take to self teach idk say FP2,
    purely to make me feel better that for some people it only took them a few weeks.
    As it would make me feel like hey I could do that. lol just get on with it and learn the damn stuff.

Tips to myself and to anyone who finds this blog post a tiny bit useful...
    • Like work hard but don't overwork yourself! "Working hard" is different for everyone remember
    If you are working far too hard and getting little out of it then maybe its time to change things up a bit.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    e.g. if it takes you hours to make that pretty biology poster & you still don't do well in tests/remember all that stuff
    then maybe its a waste of time lol
    OR wasting time doing repetitive af maths questions that really don't help. just move on
    What I do is look at the exercise, try a few and if I can sort of answer the rest in my head then I don't really need to anymore practice on that certain bit. Its working for me I guess idk. I mean I managed to get C3 done that way pretty quickly.
    • Don't compare yourself to others [in my case with people on tsr - lol not good for confidence esp. with uni interviews]
    • Also definitely don't get complacent! I'm finding lessons in school fairly easy going. That doesn't mean the exam is gonna be easy going lol. Like do other things esp. if you don't trust your teachers to finish the course or whatever. There is always something you can do!
    Anyway, back to my little progress updates...

Maths - I'll leave till half term to get through more C3 past papers.
    I also have a rare class test in a few days lol.
    Aiming for the full marks (hopefully!) I guess just look through a few past papers the night before
    & just do a few of the hard looking questions.
    Further Maths - I still need to revise FP2.
    FP3 needs more work as well

Chemistry - I need to finish off the Acids & Bases section & do that test on A-level Chemistry.
    Plus I still need to sort out those random AS notes floating about in my room.
    Physics - I've pretty much managed to get grav & electric fields done on Sunday!
    So all I've got left is Thermal physics to learn to reach my October goal. Then its just practice I guess

TSA - lol lets just dont talk about it. I'll practice it over the half term.
    Further reading - again I'll leave for the half term.
    UCAS update: York chem interview in November which I am quite excited about for some reason.

EDIT: What I've managed to do today - revised some of Acids & Bases section
    Just need to learn the other half with buffers and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Monday 17th October - quality>quantity
    My thought of the day... [motivational?]
    A question I get asked multiple times is how much revision do you do at home.
    Looking at what I've achieved so far from September and ngl I'm quite proud of myself.
    Efficiency is getting there this year and I'm pretty pleased with how its going -ish.

Anyway back onto the question...
    No I don't revise like 6 hrs straight nor do I barely do any (lol cmon, this blog is evident of that).
    I do just enough and I'm quite efficient with my time if I do say so myself.
    Well I would say 2-3 hours work after school a day is just enough for me though.
    And obv it depends what you do in that time!!!
    Weekends again it depends what I'm doing, I probably do ~3-4 hours work.
    I think I get a lot done within that time as well. Idk I'm happy with how I'm working this year. But I mean its not perfect by any means. Probs because im more focused bc unis and stuff.

I've had multiple people question this to me at school already, as if to say how are you even coping or not stressing out.
    I swear one girl at school literally asked me this like twenty times during AS lol.
    I always answer with the "you just do it" and tbf what else is there to say?!
    And I always get the same old reply, but how do you have time?! [lol idk]

You just gotta get that damn homework done then.
    [yes as I am typing this I have that one piece of homework I cba doing because I find it pointless & a waste of time]
    I've tried so hard to stop complaining this year and now I just get on with it.
    No matter how pointless it is to you, x minutes out of your life to get it out of the way is worth it.
    Yes those x minutes could be spent watching that film you've wanted to see for aaaages [i know]
    And probs won't even take you that long if you are focused & not keep putting it off.

On this blog I don't tend to put timings on how long it takes me to cover such and such, as some people can get through things faster than others. I'd spend like aages reading threads on tsr on how long it would take to self teach idk say FP2,
    purely to make me feel better that for some people it only took them a few weeks.
    As it would make me feel like hey I could do that. lol just get on with it and learn the damn stuff.

Tips to myself and to anyone who finds this blog post a tiny bit useful...
    • Like work hard but don't overwork yourself! "Working hard" is different for everyone remember
    If you are working far too hard and getting little out of it then maybe its time to change things up a bit.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    e.g. if it takes you hours to make that pretty biology poster & you still don't do well in tests/remember all that stuff
    then maybe its a waste of time lol
    OR wasting time doing repetitive af maths questions that really don't help. just move on
    What I do is look at the exercise, try a few and if I can sort of answer the rest in my head then I don't really need to anymore practice on that certain bit. Its working for me I guess idk. I mean I managed to get C3 done that way pretty quickly.
    • Don't compare yourself to others [in my case with people on tsr - lol not good for confidence esp. with uni interviews]
    • Also definitely don't get complacent! I'm finding lessons in school fairly easy going. That doesn't mean the exam is gonna be easy going lol. Like do other things esp. if you don't trust your teachers to finish the course or whatever. There is always something you can do!
    Anyway, back to my little progress updates...

Maths - I'll leave till half term to get through more C3 past papers.
    I also have a rare class test in a few days lol.
    Aiming for the full marks (hopefully!) I guess just look through a few past papers the night before
    & just do a few of the hard looking questions.
    Further Maths - I still need to revise FP2.
    FP3 needs more work as well

Chemistry - I need to finish off the Acids & Bases section & do that test on A-level Chemistry.
    Plus I still need to sort out those random AS notes floating about in my room.
    Physics - I've pretty much managed to get grav & electric fields done on Sunday!
    So all I've got left is Thermal physics to learn to reach my October goal. Then its just practice I guess

TSA - lol lets just dont talk about it. I'll practice it over the half term.
    Further reading - again I'll leave for the half term.
    UCAS update: York chem interview in November which I am quite excited about for some reason.
    Well done for getting the interview at York and good luck 😉

And I can see you are a revising quite a lot already, which is great, and I have a question,
    What keeps you motivated to study?

Like I really want to study but I always procrastinate, which means I do sh*t in tests and stuff (mainly physics), so how should I focus and just get motivated to study?

And again, good luck for York 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    Well done for getting the interview at York and good luck 😉

And I can see you are a revising quite a lot already, which is great, and I have a question,
    What keeps you motivated to study?

Like I really want to study but I always procrastinate, which means I do sh*t in tests and stuff (mainly physics), so how should I focus and just get motivated to study?

And again, good luck for York 😁
    Ah thanks!
    What keeps me motivated is that I don't want to do crap in 4 A levels lol
    I just don't want to let my teachers down mainly I think one of them expects me to get 4A*s - no pressure then.
    But deep down, I just want to do well because I want to get into a really good uni! And yeah UCAS should keep me nicely motivated for the rest of the year plus the thought of leaving school will do too.

I would make sure you pay attention in class. Means that you have less to do at home. Which is good if you always procrastinate lol
    Other than that, idk make sure there isn't anything to distract you?
    I'm really not good with these things.
    Good luck though too on your A levels and stuff!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks!
    What keeps me motivated is that I don't want to do crap in 4 A levels lol
    I just don't want to let my teachers down mainly I think one of them expects me to get 4A*s - no pressure then.
    But deep down, I just want to do well because I want to get into a really good uni! And yeah UCAS should keep me nicely motivated for the rest of the year plus the thought of leaving school will do too.

I would make sure you pay attention in class. Means that you have less to do at home. Which is good if you always procrastinate lol
    Other than that, idk make sure there isn't anything to distract you?
    I'm really not good with these things.
    Good luck though too on your A levels and stuff!!
    Ahah thanks, hopefully if I get the offer I want that will keep me motivated to study a lot and get those grades.. 🙃

ReputationRep:
    Thursday 20th October - half term
    Wooo no school for a week I can finally have lie ins...
    This blog is getting confusing for me lol
    I think I might to do weekly posts instead because at least each post will be a bit more meaningful rather than it being a list
    of things I need to do.

UCAS Update: Imperial interview in December Ahhh I need to make sure I know my chemistry.
    I guess this week should be used to do plenty of further reading for chemistry.

My optimistic goals for half term -
    Physical Chem done? maybe.
    I'd like to also make a start on Aromatics & carboxylic acids, amines, esters and acylation notes

Alongside all this, it makes sense to do some further reading with WCRH
    Maybe some Sykes guidebook to mechanism & dip into oxford chem. primers

Oh and I need to get all the TSA papers done lol i really dont like it.

Plusss I really should be doing these things...
    AQA & Edexcel C3 papers
    Revise A2 physics I've done so far & perhaps try to make some thermal physics notes
    And FP3 practice that I've been neglecting oh & start getting FP2 sorted.

I expect so much from myself.
    I think I'm trying to get too much done so soon, but I know that if I don't work hard now
    then I'll have to work even harder next year. I just want to be consistent in everything.

What have I done today?
    Kinda did nothing in school today lol
    I did however do a bit of quick revision of all the FP2 I've done after school

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.