Gabrielle ' s Grow your Grades and Get into university blog

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Did :
    Questions in AS Unit 1A -biology molecules.

This proved not to be very difficult as most of the questions were straight forward. However I was very wary of the wording and need to make a few adjustments for some definitions etc.
    Marked any questions I get wrong as usual.
    I was/am very tired today as some how my body decided to wake up 7:40 (from going to bed 2:30 so about 5 hours ). Oh well I have to get use to early mornings again anyway.

Tomorrow's officially the first day of year 13. Wow Idk I can't wait to start this year but at the same time I want to relax.

My school routine will be to rewrite the notes learned in class. Also read up on it in the text book and answer the questions in the textbook. Also to continue answering questions and rewriting AS content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So first day wasn't bad at all. Was given time tables and have our form tutors ramble on about some rules and blah.

My timetable seems weird (especially tomorow ) all in all I have 8 frees (which might however be taken up by a class that needs to be filled in because of how badly the timetables were structured).

Then later I basically had the rest of the day to waste.so I read a book that I'm trying to be able to add to my personal statement.

Last lesson was chemistry which was recapping some of the stuff we did at the end of last year (year 13 content though). And applying we have our first test next week :///. I think it will be this way for all subjects but I really need to prove I deserve at least an AAA prediction so I will be studying hard.

What I did extra was:
    Chemistry AS questions
    Half of sub unit two amount of substance.
    Will finish the rest either tomorrow in frees or today or tomorrow at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Almost forgot to update.
    For some reason the first period of today we didn't have class (some waste of time with form tutors.) So only had chemistry in the afternoon.

Although during frees I did get stuff done:
    Finish first unit of biology as textbook questions
    Finish amount of substance chapter chemistry AS questions
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Keep up the good work, following this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Keep up the good work, following this thread
    Thanks have you finished your a levels or dping them now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Thanks have you finished your a levels or dping them now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you're welcome, I'm starting them next week
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    you're welcome, I'm starting them next week
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
    Good luck you can do well I'll try to give advice but of course I'm not like the top person so yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck you can do well I'll try to give advice but of course I'm not like the top person so yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, you can too any advice would be good! I've also made a blog to try and keep me on track, so hopefully that will be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Thank you, you can too any advice would be good! I've also made a blog to try and keep me on track, so hopefully that will be good
    Yeah that's good this is helping me to be motivated so it's good to do a blog

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So today had more productive school day. WE actually did something new .
    Well in maths we did another trug topic.

Biology we mostly looking at the breakdown of our grades etc.
    So apparently my paper 1 was an A however my paper two was a D somehow. My teacher thinks there is something wrong there and has requested the paper script and we might get it remarked. (I hoping they marked it wrong *praying actually) but still if I genuinely did just mess up that paper it's alright because I'll get a B prediction anyway ( my C was 1 mark of a B). AAB I can work with that (of course my actual grades I hope to be much higher).

Anyway enough about that today what I got done was:
    Rewrite biology AS unit 2 part A part 1
    Did questions in the textbook on it
    Rewrite maths notes (only a few facts too about five mins)
    Did questions in the textbook in solving cosec, sec and cot.

Tomorrow going to Sheffield for an open day !!!!! Really excited as I want this to be my firm.
    Work wise I won't be doing anything. Iitsss da weekend !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So today had more productive school day. WE actually did something new .
    Well in maths we did another trug topic.

Biology we mostly looking at the breakdown of our grades etc.
    So apparently my paper 1 was an A however my paper two was a D somehow. My teacher thinks there is something wrong there and has requested the paper script and we might get it remarked. (I hoping they marked it wrong *praying actually) but still if I genuinely did just mess up that paper it's alright because I'll get a B prediction anyway ( my C was 1 mark of a B). AAB I can work with that (of course my actual grades I hope to be much higher).

Anyway enough about that today what I got done was:
    Rewrite biology AS unit 2 part A part 1
    Did questions in the textbook on it
    Rewrite maths notes (only a few facts too about five mins)
    Did questions in the textbook in solving cosec, sec and cot.

Tomorrow going to Sheffield for an open day !!!!! Really excited as I want this to be my firm.
    Work wise I won't be doing anything. Iitsss da weekend !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow! Good job!

ReputationRep:
    So just came home from Sheffield and I have to say it wasn't what I expected....
    It was even better than I expected. It had that homey natury feel that I want but at the same time was cityish and seemed to have alot of city life and stuff going on. Just what I want in a university I really hope I can apply there >. <

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So start of another week.
    Maths class was productive.
    Biology teacher wasn't there (but she had a reason not to be) she left us to read over the first few parts of the genetics chapter and do the questions (most of which I did but still had one exercise).

Also aside from school work did some AS biology rewrite -prokaryotic cells
    And some maths rewriting of the topic covered today - identities for cot sec and cosec. Also did the exercise in the book for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just finished for today :
    Had maths and bio today
    We did product rule in maths and a bit of photosynthesis in bio

Separate I wrote over the notes for these
    Also did questions on maths topic
    And rewrite AS biology cell compensation analysis
    Also did the questions on this topic

So they got back the script of my paper (without the additional sheet but they'll send it soon) and they didn't make a mistake marking it but I lost mst of my marks for crappy wording (lol me writing stupdily).
    So since its that my teacher is predicting me and A as we can work a bit on working and paper 1 I got an A in.

An A prediction is all I really want but still will exceed that prediction if I work really good this year.

So so far my predictions are AA not sure about maths yet but since my grade was an A and my teacher is aware of what I need for university I think he'll predict me an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As usual finished work extra As questions in chemistry were done and usually for maths.

So this is my routine usually do
    the questions on the topics learned that day
    The rewriting of the material learnt that day
    The AS rewrite and questions if it's a linear subject.

So that this doesn't get repetitive I'll start updating weekly to confirm this and will also update when anything special or to do with university happens

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As usual finished work extra As questions in chemistry were done and usually for maths.

So this is my routine usually do
    the questions on the topics learned that day
    The rewriting of the material learnt that day
    The AS rewrite and questions if it's a linear subject.

So that this doesn't get repetitive I'll start updating weekly to confirm this and will also update when anything special or to do with university happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds like a good plan!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys today I went to Keele University open day. The university was good very beautiful but I don't really like the town it's in. Definitely leaning more towards sheffield etc but was still a very nice place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So guys been continuing to follow my routine

Also I asked my teacher if I could have a copy of my script and the mark scheme of my biology paper 2 so I could make improvements. So dissapointed with how dumb I was during that exam will need to massively work on my exam technique and how I handle exams in general.

Also getting my personal statement checked by my teachers I'll probably finish with their improvements by the end of the week then I will send it to some other people and also tsr.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Update :
    As usual following routine
    However next week I might do something different (more on that next week)

Personal statment has now been checked by my teachers and tutor I should be done with the corrections tonight/tomorrow.
    Will then send it to a personal checking service.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just finished making the improvements unto of other work and doing homework exam questions kinda tired (but not sleepy tired).
    I'm way more happy with my personal statement now (but still could use some improvements here and there).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.