Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does it feel like to be in a strong relationship? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Sounds soppy but it's pretty much the best thing that can happen to you. I do believe you can be perfectly happy being single but to meet someone who is on the same wavelength as you and who loves you through the good and bad, is pretty special. I'm one of those people that believe there is someone out there for everyone

Even strong relationships aren't always sunshine and rainbows though. After 7 year and a half yrs, my boyfriend drives me absolutely crazy at times and he knows exactly how to wind me up and we do have our arguments and disagreements but 99% we get on like a house on fire and can bounce back from disagreements quickly. I'd be more worried if we didn't have our annoying moments here and there.

After a while of being together, you become more grateful for the little things and not the dates, butterflies in your stomach, impressing each other etc like you do at the start. You enjoy staying in watching movies together, can look an utter mess around each other and you just laugh it off, can have fun in an empty room pretty much. Today was a good example of appreciating the smaller things - a wasp flew into the flat and I am terrified of them and my bf got rid of it no bother whereas if it were just me living in the flat and wasp flew in, I'd have ran out the flat and never came back :laugh: I also love the sense of security and completeness you feel when you have been with someone for years and you know each other inside out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw thats so cute
    Im happy for you!
    Idk what else to say
    Congrats on your relationship!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    1: Well its hard not to tbh!

2: Oh no i didnt mean on TSR, i meant where i live! Its impossible where i live

If i could, i would, but i cant, so i shallnt!
    Well its happened before and that usually means itll happen again!
    Nah, if i had £1 for evertime ive been called ugly to my face, id be a friggin millionaire!

I know, it doesnt help when people say that.
    Why?
    I'm sure if you tried harder, you'd find someone that is willing to speak to you

But let's put it this way, why would you want a girl that says mean things to you? I mean why would you take these things to heart?

Girls have said some hurtful things to me before but they ain't worth the bother

You're more attractive than you think, you just don't believe it yet When you realise, the confidence juice will be flowing over you and all the girls will fall for you

ReputationRep:
    1: Well its hard not to tbh!

2: Oh no i didnt mean on TSR, i meant where i live! Its impossible where i live

If i could, i would, but i cant, so i shallnt!
    Well its happened before and that usually means itll happen again!
    Nah, if i had £1 for evertime ive been called ugly to my face, id be a friggin millionaire!

I know, it doesnt help when people say that.
    You should believe in yourslef, tell yourself you're beautiful when you look in the mirror. Well if you want to be in a relationship you have to play your cards right. Just be yourself and let that person come to you
    The people who call you ugly are terrible people and you should not listen to them.
    I called UWS gorgeous cause he has gorgeous personality

ReputationRep:
    Relationships are a constant battle for power under the surface, if the guy has it he gets lots of sex, if the girl has it she gets lots of free attention and money spent on her which she eventually gets sick of and dumps the guy cos shes not feeeling it anymore. To make it last the guy has to keep winning and its a lot of effort after a year. Have three at once instead or none at all its much easier to handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Why?
    I'm sure if you tried harder, you'd find someone that is willing to speak to you

But let's put it this way, why would you want a girl that says mean things to you? I mean why would you take these things to heart?

Girls have said some hurtful things to me before but they ain't worth the bother

You're more attractive than you think, you just don't believe it yet When you realise, the confidence juice will be flowing over you and all the girls will fall for you
    Well I was bullied during college and that's left me with no self confidence and I'm mentally scarred by the experience!
    How do I try harder!? I'm not sure that's possible! I can't try any harder than I have done already!

I don't! They only say these things once they know I've truely fallen for them! Then they slam me into the floor!
    Because I believe it to be true!

Well that's a good way to think!

I'm really not! Trust me on that!
    No no it won't, my looks are crap and lead girls away from me!!! No girl is ever gonna fall for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    You should believe in yourslef, tell yourself you're beautiful when you look in the mirror. Well if you want to be in a relationship you have to play your cards right. Just be yourself and let that person come to you
    The people who call you ugly are terrible people and you should not listen to them.
    I called UWS gorgeous cause he has gorgeous personality
    I can't though!
    I crack the damn mirror so yeah that's not gonna happen!
    How do I do that?
    But me being myself would mean I'm indoors most of the time doing nothing.
    Idk where to go to meet new people! There's no where around where I live!

But that's everyone I know! Literally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Pretty much the best feeling ever.
    Thought it would be tbh!

Mr Cooper is a lucky man!
    All that intelligence too! Wow!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Something tells me you're a fan of The Big Bang Theory!

ReputationRep:
    I can't though!
    I crack the damn mirror so yeah that's not gonna happen!
    How do I do that?
    But me being myself would mean I'm indoors most of the time doing nothing.
    Idk where to go to meet new people! There's no where around where I live!

But that's everyone I know! Literally!
    Lol if you can't do it for yourself they're won't be people to do it for you
    You could try looking into new hobbies to go and find people
    Go to the gym, lots of nice people there tbh
    Take group lessons learning a new instrument
    Do you not go school or uni?
    You know it's not end of the world not being in relationship, there's loads of happy single people. Your life is dependent on someone else
    I would justy say be yourself, be open to meeting new people and let someone come to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    This It really is the little things that you appreciate, like making each other a brew in the mornings or me killing the spiders for him.
    Aww well it seems like y'all have great relationships going!
    May one have a little advice please?
    Hehe I don't like spiders either Or insects in general!

How did the wedding go (I think you had it already, I feel so bad for not fully remembering)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    Lol if you can't do it for yourself they're won't be people to do it for you
    You could try looking into new hobbies to go and find people
    Go to the gym, lots of nice people there tbh
    Take group lessons learning a new instrument
    Do you not go school or uni?
    You know it's not end of the world not being in relationship, there's loads of happy single people. Your life is dependent on someone else
    I would justy say be yourself, be open to meeting new people and let someone come to you
    Well I know that!
    Am doing, but as I said, there's nothing around here!
    Can't do the gym, medical reasons!
    No where to do it!
    Nope, I work full time! But will be starting a uni course in October for 1 day a week, but it's a Level 6 Apprenticeship course so won't be going to a proper uni so won't get to meet new people!
    Well I suppose not but it would defo make me a heck of a lot happier! And it would benefit my mental health too!
    I've been doing that forever and yeah, it's not got me very far
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Aww well it seems like y'all have great relationships going!
    May one have a little advice please?
    Hehe I don't like spiders either Or insects in general!

How did the wedding go (I think you had it already, I feel so bad for not fully remembering)
    Honestly, good communication and being genuine will get you a long way I m not getting married till October 2017

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.