The Student Room Group

Do you believe in evolution?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fardm76
so there must be sth at first ............ whatever it is ......... it's our god !

While in the absence of proof for anything else an unproven deity is a 'valid possibility', the infinitesimal odds of it being remotely true make me think that a more logical route is to suggest that we just 'don't know' yet. The absence of proof yet for a scientific explanation does not substantiate a religious or theistic explanation as the corollary.
Creationism I think, maybe 2 though
Original post by lawyer3c
holy **** the number of people saying 1 is worrying... what do they teach in schools these days :s-smilie:

although one (post #16) has an american flag as his photo so that's understandable.

shots fired :rofl:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
shots fired :rofl:

Roughly 50% of Americans are creationists, it's insane. Can see why they love Saudi so much now.

I wonder if the people on this thread that don't 'believe' in evolution also don't believe in gravity.
There is no evidence for evolution in the Quran
holy **** the number of people saying 1 is worrying... what do they teach in schools these days :s-smilie:

although one (post #16) has an american flag as his photo so that's understandable.

Yes I am an American. I believe in creationism although I have heard both sides.
Reply 26
Islam states that Allah created the world not 'evolution'
Original post by cashcash871
Yes I am an American. I believe in creationism although I have heard both sides.

Can't even tell if you're a troll or not, because (most) Americans genuinely are just that dumb.
Original post by Just a Bloke
While in the absence of proof for anything else an unproven deity is a 'valid possibility', the infinitesimal odds of it being remotely true make me think that a more logical route is to suggest that we just 'don't know' yet. The absence of proof yet for a scientific explanation does not substantiate a religious or theistic explanation as the corollary.

you're right ......you know? i don't believe in god ......but i also can't deny him !
(edited 7 years ago)
Can't even tell if you're a troll or not, because (most) Americans genuinely are just that dumb.

I'm not a troll. I just don't believe in evolution. Feel free to believe what you want.
It's not about 'belief'. Macroevolution explains origin of species on Earth better than any other theory. It is founded on a mountain of evidence.

I can tolerate people who believe it was 'guided by God' but people who take Genesis literally and as a substitute for the facts are being wilfully ignorant.
Allah, not evolution
Original post by Just a Bloke

Indeed, 'God of the gaps'.

Ok calm down, just let people believe what they want.
Original post by YoFadda
Islam states that Allah created the world not 'evolution'

Well it would say that, wouldn't it.

Spoiler

Original post by cashcash871
I'm not a troll. I just don't believe in evolution. Feel free to believe what you want.

I hope Trump wins. So stupid, so arrogant, so bombastic. He's America personified.
Original post by inspiringtop123
There is no evidence for evolution in the Quran

There's no evidence for the internet in it either and yet...
Original post by biglad2k16
Ok calm down, just let people believe what they want.

I'm not stopping him from being stupid. I'm just commenting on his stupidity. Two very different things.

Obviously you are also an intellectually-deficient cretin hence your rushing to his aid. Commendable, I guess.
Original post by RayApparently
It's not about 'belief'. Macroevolution explains origin of species on Earth better than any other theory. It is founded on a mountain of evidence.

I can tolerate people who believe it was 'guided by God' but people who take Genesis literally and as a substitute for the facts are being wilfully ignorant.

Most people in religious sects are scared to dwell on self-reflection, or think about what they believe openly with themselves. I was brought up a Christian, but couldn't keep convincing myself of all the illogical or unexplained things that I was taught. The main example being, I can't convince myself that there is an after-life, as much as I would like to believe so.

Quick Reply

Latest