Yup- I could not resist!
    I tempted you both i think Sorry guys x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suspectthrone59)
    I did Biology and Psychology at A-level and got an A in bio and A* in psychology, so if you want some advice on how to study/revise etc for them then PM me, i'll be more than happy to help.

Congrats on those amazing set of GCSE grades and all the best for your A-levels
    Aww thank you, I am sure ur advice would be helpful Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Haha I am glad u did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    I'm aiming to do the same. I'm a year older than you but here's my progress atm

CIE History IGCSE: A*
    CIE Spanish IGCSE: A*
    CIE German IGCSE: A*
    (didn't do politics GCSE)

AQA History AS: A (dropping)
    OCR German AS: A (predicted A* at A2)
    OCR Spanish AS: A (predicted A* at A2)
    Edexcel Politics AS: A (predicted A* at A2)

A year of hard work got me there, one more year to go!!
    Wow that's so good Good luck for your final year

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone 05/09/2016
    Today I went over C1 maths and recapped the basic GCSE skills required for C1 too. I also finished of the titration worksheet given by my 6th form for Chemistry That's all I did but I will be doing more hardcore revision soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    :angelwings::banana:Starstudent7's Alevel journey to all A*s:banana2::banana2:
    Hi everyone, I have recently recieved my GCSE results after 2 years of hardwork. I managed to get 5A*s,4A's and 2B's Even though I worked hard for these grades and happy about them, I want to try harder at my Alevels and get A*s in all my exams. I know that in order to do this I need to manage my time and sacrifice certain things so I am willing to do anything to achieve my dream grades. I am starting 6th form next week and I will be updating you guys from then(mostly when I do a lot of work). I would like to eventually study medicine and become a doctor.

I have been motivated to make this blog because of my wonderful TSR friend nisha.sri. I have met so many wonderful people on TSR during my GCSE journey including surina16lilacpotatobrainzisthewordniv1234@NiamhM1801SophFlorence and many more! I would like to thank all these people for motivating me with their own revision blogs and posts

The subjects that I will be taking at alevel are:
    • Biology(AQA)-I got an A at GCSE
    • Chemistry(AQA)-I got an A* at GCSE
    • Maths(AQA)-I got an A* at GCSE
    • Psychology(AQA)- I haven't done this at GCSE but you require a B in English language and I got an A so yeah
    My GCSE results:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This is what I got for my GCSEs: 5A*s,4As and 2B's
    Maths-A*
    Citizenship-A*
    PE Btec-D*
    D&T product design-A*
    Chem-A*
    Eng Lang-A
    Bio-A
    Physics-A
    History-A
    Eng Lit-B
    French-B
    Wow, this sounds so impressive! I can't wait to see you achieving these grades, will definitely be following your journey! Well done again on your GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone 05/09/2016
    Today I went over C1 maths and recapped the basic GCSE skills required for C1 too. I also finished of the titration worksheet given by my 6th form for Chemistry That's all I did but I will be doing more hardcore revision soon
    Hey I am going to take maths at a level, as well as chemistry and economics. How much harder do you think maths is at a level? Does C1 have any GCSE related topics? (I got an A in gcse maths)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Hey I am going to take maths at a level, as well as chemistry and economics. How much harder do you think maths is at a level? Does C1 have any GCSE related topics? (I got an A in gcse maths)
    Thanks!
    Tbh I don't know yet but seeing from the work that I've done, there are GCSE related topics at the start of C1 especially algebra based. It may get harder though but we will soon find out. Good luck in your alevels

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't know yet but seeing from the work that I've done, there are GCSE related topics at the start of C1 especially algebra based. It may get harder though but we will soon find out. Good luck in your alevels
    Aww thanks! Good luck to you too!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't believe I am already starting a-levels!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I know I haven't updated in a while as I have been really busy at 6th form and what I've been doing was quite repetitive. I have just finished my first proper week back and I can clearly see that the workload for alevels is a lot higher than GCSE but I am managing. I am reviewing and recapping what I am doing in class everyday so that I won't forget it. We have a lot of homework but we haven't had any proper tests yet but I will be having a maths test on 27/09/16 I am also making more detailed notes and just trying my hardest to get the top grades. I know the subject content will get harder but I am willing to make commitments and try my hardest.

My school will be doing the AS exams at the end of this year so I am aiming for AAAA. I will also be doing the EPQ on something medicine related and I want an A* in that this year Thanks for all of your continuous support

ReputationRep:
    Well done on your fantastic GCSE results, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I know I haven't updated in a while as I have been really busy at 6th form and what I've been doing was quite repetitive. I have just finished my first proper week back and I can clearly see that the workload for alevels is a lot higher than GCSE but I am managing. I am reviewing and recapping what I am doing in class everyday so that I won't forget it. We have a lot of homework but we haven't had any proper tests yet but I will be having a maths test on 27/09/16 I am also making more detailed notes and just trying my hardest to get the top grades. I know the subject content will get harder but I am willing to make commitments and try my hardest.

My school will be doing the AS exams at the end of this year so I am aiming for AAAA. I will also be doing the EPQ on something medicine related and I want an A* in that this year Thanks for all of your continuous support
    It's good to see that your managing 😄 Keep it up 😌 Haha why the annoyed face at the end when you said thank you for all of your continuous support ? 😂😜👌

ReputationRep:
    It's good to see that your managing 😄 Keep it up 😌 Haha why the annoyed face at the end when you said thank you for all of your continuous support ? 😂😜👌
    Thank you, I will keep it up OMG it was an accident, it was supposed to be a smiley face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Well done on your fantastic GCSE results, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I will keep it up OMG it was an accident, it was supposed to be a smiley face
    No worries Haha are you sure ? Jk

ReputationRep:
    No worries Haha are you sure ? Jk
    Yes I am

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Aw, congratulations for your fantastic GCSES result and I am so happy for you. I haven't used this website since June and I came back because of A-levels. When I came back on this website, I just noticed you and recognised you! I don't know if you recognise me or not haha! I am really happy for you and everyone who achieved their grades they wanted for their GCSES. I wish you the best luck for your future and A-levels x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    Good Luck
    Thank you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: January 1, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.