Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    i think you misunderstood my post, he had 6 a-levels at A2. 3 being A*, 3 being A's. so he got A*A*A*AAA ... which is more than A*AA,A*A*A . he was rejected at the application stage though/ wasnt given an offer.
    His AS were A's all around, he had enough UCAS points to get into my course at AS.
    Oh yeah sorry lol.

Jesus that's pretty good. Did he end up at Warwick or somewhere similar?

ReputationRep:
    i think you misunderstood my post, he had 5 a-levels at A2+ 1 as. 3 being A*, 3 being A's. so he got A*A*A*AAa ... which is more than A*AA,A*A*A . he was rejected at the application stage though/ wasnt given an offer.
    from what i can remember he got,
    His AS were A's all around, he had enough UCAS points to get into my course at AS.
    Did he do further reading and what were his predictions?

AFAIK if you apply to Cambridge with results getting A*A*A* means you go through mandatory pooling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Oh yeah sorry lol.

Jesus that's pretty good. Did he end up at Warwick or somewhere similar?
    he did get into warwick and durham and all his other choice's, but he has chosen to take a gap yearand apply for oxford next year; he pretty much decided that when cambridge rejected him, how someone that good didnt get into any uni he wanted, is a wonder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloakedSpartan)
    Did he do further reading and what were his predictions?

AFAIK if you apply to Cambridge with results getting A*A*A* means you go through mandatory pooling.
    Im gonna be honest here, i knew the guy for 6 years and he is without a doubt the smartest person i have meet in my life, hes done a ton of further reading, work experience and extra cric stuff. he just has no idea what he wants to do with his life.

I know a lot of people that got into cambridge, some were not that smart but put a lot of effort into getting in.. i just wanna show that even if you are the best of the best you can still get rejected from oxbridge.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Im gonna be honest here, i knew the guy for 6 years and he is without a doubt the smartest person i have meet in my life, hes done a ton of further reading, work experience and extra cric stuff. he just has no idea what he wants to do with his life.

I know a lot of people that got into cambridge, some were not that smart but put a lot of effort into getting in.. i just wanna show that even if you are the best of the best you can still get rejected from oxbridge.
    And your friend may still be unsuccessful in his gap year if Oxford follow Cambridge and reject him...

There's more to most successful Oxbridge applicants than a string of A*s. (Although having a string of A*s is a good start...)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.