Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Beginning to become arrogant with women (or just lazy?) watch

(Original post by BIGJohnson777)
    That's how you transform from being a pussy to being a real man.
    Thanks I guess 😂

ReputationRep:
    What does treating a girl like a princess entail?

(Original post by Sisuphos)
    What does treating a girl like a princess entail?
    Putting her on a pedestal, treating her like you couldn't do any better, thinking you're so lucky to have her... Basically it was a power imbalance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imam of Haram)
    Ultimately it's far better to be proactive with women, i.e. you are the one doing the selecting and the dropping, coldly ignoring them will actually screw you over.

Women tend to be the ones in control when it comes to the dating game.

Women are the gatekeepers of sex, not men.

man does not select woman. woman selects man.

If you approach a woman you are not selecting her, you are giving her the opportunity to select or reject you. Most women will reject men who approach them until one comes along who she happens to like, therefore he get's selected, leaving the naive men thinking he selected her.

Some women are more proactive however and will actually make the first move and approach.
    If you are not approaching women you are giving yourself less opportunity to be selected because there are some women who will not approach men. However sometimes holding back on the scattergun approach to women on a night out and instead looking for signs that one has been selected by a woman "flirtatious gaze, smile, extended eye contact ...etc" ...and approaching these women instead often can give better results than pure cold approach.

Likely the OP has good looks leading to him being selected/put on womens short list more than the average bloke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Women tend to be the ones in control when it comes to the dating game.

Women are the gatekeepers of sex, not men.

man does not select woman. woman selects man.

If you approach a woman you are not selecting her, you are giving her the opportunity to select or reject you. Most women will reject men who approach them until one comes along who she happens to like, therefore he get's selected, leaving the naive men thinking he selected her.

Some women are more proactive however and will actually make the first move and approach.
    If you are not approaching women you are giving yourself less opportunity to be selected because there are some women who will not approach men. However sometimes holding back on the scattergun approach to women on a night out and instead looking for signs that one has been selected by a woman "flirtatious gaze, smile, extended eye contact ...etc" ...and approaching these women instead often can give better results than pure cold approach.

Likely the OP has good looks leading to him being selected/put on womens short list more than the average bloke.
    I'm right you're wrong there is a reason men make the best CEO's but also end up in prison much more than women,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Since going to uni my ideology on women has totally changed. At school I used to hang onto their every word, treat every girl I ever spoken to like a princess. Now its totally changed, I still treat them well but if they stop talking to me I always think "Ah its her loss". This obviously has alot of benefits and negatives, Im still fairly successful like I was but I can't hold onto anyone.. I literally couldnt care less. Will this change when I meet the one? Or am I destined to jump around forever. Plenty of people say "Forever alone" because they don't think they're attractive enough or too nice... but I honestly think i will be forever alone for not giving a damn and having no motivation. To me my friends and family are for life... any other form of relationship is too much effort :/
    I've followed a not-dissimilar trajectory into adulthood myself: in theory, intimate companionship is something I desire both physically and emotionally—and I've been considered a 'good boyfriend' and 'positive influence' by those few with whom I did form lasting bonds—yet in practice, I'm also proficient enough at meeting my own needs that it now takes someone truly extraordinary to hold my interest; and, frankly, I'm okay with that.

Ultimately, as long as you aren't permanently and irreversibly sabotaging your self-development or future potential happiness; who cares?

ReputationRep:
    I'm right you're wrong there is a reason men make the best CEO's but also end up in prison much more than women,

I stand by what I said.

clearly you lack understanding if you think when it comes to dating the male is selecting the female.

The men who accept and understand this, the more successfully they can work to improving their own dating lives [if their dating lives are lacking].

ReputationRep:
    I stand by what I said.

clearly you lack understanding if you think when it comes to dating the male is selecting the female.

The men who accept and understand this, the more successfully they can work to improving their own dating lives [if their dating lives are lacking].
    You have to be tough and not care about rejection, I understand women better than you ever will and men were definitely made to withstand more in the way of punishment whereas women are more docile.

ReputationRep:
    You have to be tough and not care about rejection, I understand women better than you ever will and men were definitely made to withstand more in the way of punishment whereas women are more docile.

women, docile?

from looking at your username perhaps that is the way things are in your culture, but in western culture it isn't like that when it comes to dating

ReputationRep:
    thats called butt-hurt, not arrogance

you're bitter towards them because you don't like the fact that they keep rejecting you

happens to a lot of men, especially if they're ugly/bald/short/fat/poor

ReputationRep:
    I saw OP mention the one, then later saw you mentioned it ..so hit quote to give the truth about "The One"
    I mentioned it but exactly the way you are with the '' . So I didn't need that post aimed at me, I'm totally aware.

ReputationRep:
    They are out to get you bro. They don't want you they want your assets and the lifestyle you can give them. Become a misogynist

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.