Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

What movies have changed your life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Justin Bieber: Never Say Never

I needed therapy.
    To be fair i think id need therapy after watching that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fardm76)
    that girl was completely crazy............. she was mad ! ................. she had killed someone but she didn't get arrested .............. so , how has it changed your life ?
    Lol, chill. I thought it was an awesome film.

ReputationRep:
    Inside I'm Dancing - an irish film focusing on two characters with cerebral palsy. Oh my god I need 25 boxes of tissues for that movie, even just thinking about it is heart-wrenching. It makes me want to work in social care.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars

Luke holding his dying father in his hands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Gone Girl
    The Stanford Prison Experiment
    Omg I really want to watch The Stanford Prison Experiment. I think if you liked it, you'd love Room. You may have watched it, but it's such an intense, inspiring movie and really unique the way it's directed and everything.

ReputationRep:
    Postman Pat: The Movie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    Mines requiem for a dream, that movie has scared me from ever taking drugs
    I'm such a movie junkie so here goes: (all these films I've listed have inspired me because of the unique stories that really question our perception on life and have some really meaningful messages)

Shawshank Redemption (love it, love it, love it...makes me cry all the time)
    The Bucket-list (funny and heart-warming)
    Catch me if you can (shows people can have a second-chance)
    Julie & Julia
    Devil Wears Prada (more than just a film about a girl sacrificing a lot for her new superficial ideals)
    Room (about a woman who's kidnapped and locked in a box, bringing up her son in this sheltered environment, life isn't as easy as it seems outside the box)
    Erin Brokovich (based on a true story, a feisty woman joins a law firm and fights for justice of people dying because of a powerful company who contaminated water)
    Life of Pi
    3 Idiots (majorly changed me, one of the best Hindi movies, about the pressure of education in India, love, friendship and the art of learning...although not an English film received a lot of recognition worldwide)
    Lunchbox
    Little Miss Sunshine (I have watched this a billion times and never got bored)
    Queen (Hindi, one of my favourite films..about a girl who gets dumped by her fiance just before their wedding and goes on their honeymoon alone; quite controversial for a reserved Indian girl)
    Pursuit of Happiness
    The Secret life of Walter Mitty
    You've got mail

ReputationRep:
    No movie has changed my life tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah for real though, it has to be;
    Bridge to Terabithia.
    Such a powerful and beautiful film, first and last time I've cried for a live action movie RIP.

ReputationRep:
    Boys Don't Cry
    Perks of Being a Wallflower
    The History Boys
    Maurice
    Borstal Boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Nah for real though, it has to be;
    Bridge to Terabithia.
    Such a powerful and beautiful film, first and last time I've cried for a live action movie RIP.
    Yo I swear no one I know has seen that movie. It's still one of the only movies I can vaguely remember and it must be at least ten years ago now!

The pursuit of 'happyness' with Will and Jaden Smith. So powerful :cry2: :'D

Mulan. (Believe it or not :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    Treasure planet with the animal/alien people. I remeber watching it when I was small and made me love space and science.
    I may watch it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Yo I swear no one I know has seen that movie. It's still one of the only movies I can vaguely remember and it must be at least ten years ago now!
    Ayyy SAME. It's such a great film and it's unexpected.
    The only person I know inrl who's watched it is my bestie and she told me she cried at the same scene as I cried
    c o i n c i d e n c e

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about changed my life, but

Fight Club
    A Clockwork Orange
    Little Miss Sunshine

All had an impact... :moon:

ReputationRep:
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 1 & 2

All had an impact!

ReputationRep:
    Monty Python's life of Brian
    Forest Gump
    Persepolis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Omg I really want to watch The Stanford Prison Experiment. I think if you liked it, you'd love Room. You may have watched it, but it's such an intense, inspiring movie and really unique the way it's directed and everything.
    You'll enjoy it. And, I'll definitely have to check that one out.

ReputationRep:
    the wolf on wall street
    it was a lot like me- wild, crazy, wealthy, hedonistic and managing to say f**king every 12 seconds

ReputationRep:
    The Theory of Everything - Really made me appreciate that even through adversity and people getting in your way, you can achieve what you put your mind to. Also blew my mind the whole concept of cosmology and black holes etc... I'm a Genetics Student so I'll stay quite clear of anything which even slightly resembles physics thank you very much

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.