Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's The Most Important Life Lesson You've Learned? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Appreciate life & the time you have with family and friends because you never know when they won't be around anymore. Learn't it the hard way.

ReputationRep:
    Never depend on anyone

even those you think will have your back

because people can promise you a lot but when push comes to shove its a different story

so always learn how to stand on your own two feet.

ReputationRep:
    Appearance matters more so than what everyone says
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not to be too nice to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Karma is a b****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    For me: it's okay to put myself first. While I like to prioritise others, I need to put myself first sometimes and that's okay. I shouldn't be bending over backwards to meet peoples wants, when my needs dictate differently. How about you? What have you learned over the years?
    That people will try to be nice just to use you once and never speak to you unless they need something from you again. So be careful who you trust.

ReputationRep:
    That I come first in my life and it doesn't make me selfish to not let people walk all over me, so similar to you

ReputationRep:
    NEVER brag about how much money you have/are making - a tough one for a lot of people as they love to show off or think its a power thing to pretend to be rich. but in actual fact you are inviting a lot of unwanted attention and grief to your door

nothing brings out peoples true colours more than greed. as soon as you brag out come the begging, pity stories, *****iness and bitter comments, from the people you least expect as well

'why can't you lend it to me, its not like you don't have it'
    'why can't you go out, its not like you can't afford it'
    'just pay for it, you're being selfish'
    'oh its ok for you, with all your money you probably don't know what suffering is'
    'my son/daughter/wife/husband/neice/nephew/dog has had another accident/gone into labour/has cancer etc so please can you lend me £20 (because apparently thats how much a bus pass costs) to get to them, I promise I will pay you back (they never do)'

ReputationRep:
    viewing the world the same at 50 as you did at 20 only means you have wasted 30 years of your life
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You won't live forever so make the most of the time you do have.

ReputationRep:
    if you want something done right do it yourself relying on people makes you weak and an easy target very harsh but true i learned that the hard way

ReputationRep:
    Don't base your self worth on what people think about you or constantly trying to please others or else you truly won't be happy deep down.

ReputationRep:
    Believing in yourself is the key to victory.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    You can only, really, rely on yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Always put yourself first! Because you matter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    For me: it's okay to put myself first. While I like to prioritise others, I need to put myself first sometimes and that's okay. I shouldn't be bending over backwards to meet peoples wants, when my needs dictate differently. How about you? What have you learned over the years?
    That if God exists my life wouldn't be full of horrific suffering, therefore God doesn't exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your passions, like everyone else's, are not innate. You make them with what you do, so there's no point spending ages trying to figure out what exactly they are; it's much better to get on and do something with your life - the passion comes from the fulfilment of that fundamental goal.

ReputationRep:
    That no-one sticks around and eventually you'll always be alone.

ReputationRep:
    It can actually be very hard to find true friends. Sometimes you may claim someone to be your bff or 'true friend' but the fact is your actually friends with them cause you have a lot of stuff in common with them.
    You should never let your guard down
    Never 100 percent trust anyone.
    Be your own leader dont listen to what anyone says, you know whats best for you!
    Never pour your heart out for anyone, if you do be careful! Love can be the most beautiful of things! :love::love:but it can also be very painful and tormenting!

ReputationRep:
    You can lie in the face of people, you can even lie to yourself, but you can't lie in the face of cold hard reality.

There are three sides to a story: the prosecutor, the defence and the truth.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.