Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My dad found me on tinder help help help watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    it's 100% fine for you to be on tinder (as long as you're an adult). but why is HE on there? are your parents together?
    That's the thing I don't want to tell my mum he's on there because then she'll find out I'm on there and have a fit. She thinks it's dangerous to be talking to randomers on a dating app and that they'll come and find me and rape me. She's so paranoid about online stuff it's actually really bad
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Because your sister isn't your dad who's married!!!

Also, Giggity
    Are you going to show your mother?

Cant see the problem. You should give him some tips on how to be successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imam of Haram)
    So peak :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If your parents are together, surely he is the one with explaining to do
    Do you think his Facebook was hacked or something and that's why he's on there?
    He's so clueless with technology that I have to sometimes help him out with his iPhone and I've never seen the tinder app on there, unless its recent..

ReputationRep:
    Yes he is that's why I can't face him. I highly doubt he's on there to be making friends, and it's even creepier that he set his filter to include 19 year old girls. He had one of our holidays pics as his photos as well!!!

if he's married that's not good.

You should probably think about informing your mother

ReputationRep:
    The irony lol, its understandable you're on tinder but why is your dad on it?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think his Facebook was hacked or something and that's why he's on there?
    He's so clueless with technology that I have to sometimes help him out with his iPhone and I've never seen the tinder app on there, unless its recent..
    I'm not even gonna be mean about this, you're deluding yourself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It was funny at first but then you revealed he's married
    I think you should first talk to him about it and then if its bad make him inform your mother

ReputationRep:
    Go up to him, ask him why he is on tinder, if he blushes or acts weird then know that he may be lying. If he denies it then show him his profile on a device, blackmail him if you are not close to him. If he questions why you are on it then tell him you're using it to meet people. If your not over 18 then make something up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    It was funny at first but then you revealed he's married
    I think you should first talk to him about it and then if its bad make him inform your mother
    I don't want to break up their marriage though, and how do I bring it up with him, he's on his laptop (i think) downstairs. Idk whether to laugh or cry or be angry

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing I don't want to tell my mum he's on there because then she'll find out I'm on there and have a fit. She thinks it's dangerous to be talking to randomers on a dating app and that they'll come and find me and rape me. She's so paranoid about online stuff it's actually really bad

What do you think your mum would be angrier about.

you as an Adult being on a dating site

or

or You knowing your dad is on dating sites cheating [or trying to cheat on her] and saying absolutely nothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    Go up to him, ask him why he is on tinder, if he blushes or acts weird then know that he may be lying. If he denies it then show him his profile on a device, blackmail him if you are not close to him. If he questions why you are on it then tell him you're using it to meet people. If your not over 18 then make something up.
    I swiped left in panic 😩😩😩 so I have no proof. What if he quickly deletes the app after our conversation?

ReputationRep:
    Get on the Jeremy Kyle Show

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's best to talk to your mother, do not mention where you saw him, but suggest that he is using an online profile somewhere for meeting other women. Beyond this it is none of your business, as in, your mother has no right to drag you further into it by trying to squeeze information out of you. Refuse to give further detail as it is a matter for them both to discuss.

Many many married men do this so do not be ashamed. You have done nothing wrong. This may be the start of a very difficult time and I wish you all the best x

ReputationRep:
    Make a profile of your mum and message him but make sure he's around so you can tell him straight after that it's you but it could be the next conversation he has unless he deletes his profile

ReputationRep:
    i really don't think that's your main concern: if he told your mum you're on tinder, she'd find out he is too. why would he want to let her know?

the thing i'd be most worried about is the likely tenuous relationship between your parents. hope they stay together :s

ReputationRep:
    Well I presume you're old enough to be on tinder in the first place so y'know :lol:

Just pretend like nothing happened, you'll be fine, it's your business.

ReputationRep:
    I swiped left in panic 😩😩😩 so I have no proof. What if he quickly deletes the app after our conversation?
    If he has an iPhone then you can find the apps he has downloaded by going on purchased section, I don't know what you could do on an android.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Make a profile of your mum and message him but make sure he's around so you can tell him straight after that it's you but it could be the next conversation he has unless he deletes his profile
    I second this

ReputationRep:
    Time to create a fake profile, match with him, talk to him and blackmail a new laptop out of him with screenshots.

ReputationRep:
    Sad situation OP

but look on the bright side.

At least you didn't find him on Grindr ..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.