Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i Need help for isaacphysics assignment please!!!!! ASAP! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithenator5000)
    This is okay. You should now split the areas into trapeziums like this:
    Attachment 579246
    You can then calculate the area of each trapezium and add them together to get the total area. You can make the estimate more accurate by increasing the number of trapeziums.
    Thanks , i've completed the assignments now. I much appreciate your help! so have you got any advise about AS levels ? i got A*s in the sciences at GCSE but i hear that A levels are a lot different and even A* students struggle ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poonshark)
    Thanks , i've completed the assignments now. I much appreciate your help! so have you got any advise about AS levels ? i got A*s in the sciences at GCSE but i hear that A levels are a lot different and even A* students struggle ?
    Indeed, it is the case that people who got A*s in GCSE science often struggle with A-level and I know many people who have found that. I believe that this is significantly due to the shift in focus and style of content for the different levels. I suppose it depends on your syllabus, but I found that whilst GCSE physics had a pretty large focus on 'how science works' and its impact in the everyday world, A-levels tend to have a greater focus on the science itself. It is also worth noting that at GCSE, a greater proportion of exam questions request qualitative responses as opposed to quantitative; A-levels appear to expect a higher level of mathematical fluency. That is why it is often an expectation for A-level physics students to take A-level maths as a means of maintaining said fluency.

In regards to advice, I would say that you should familiarise yourself with the structure and style of your board's exams. You should be aware that, due to A-level reform, the most relevant resources available at the moment are the specimen papers, which are papers which were never sat but serve as an example of what the exams should look like.

May I ask which syllabus you are on?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.