Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of 'dabbing'? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Looks stupid.
    :nah: it takes a certain swag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    I live in Essex and way to many people Dab, although, most of us are chavs anyway so it does not matter.
    lol oi

(Original post by rimstone)
    Lol, can't lie that's some intoxicating enthusiasm you've got there,
    but like the above have said, its looks really stupid, especially when done in the UK ... i dont see many people pulling out the dab at events really, doesn't really fit with the UK music scene, and american rap/hip-hop is not anywhere near as good as it used to be.
    how is it stupid it's just fun body language...

ReputationRep:
    Dabbing is great, its like high fiving yourself

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't stop laughing when Rihanna dabbed as a response to Drake declaring his love for her at the VMAs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I had only just found out what dabbing was a few weeks ago

(Original post by UWS)
    I must confess, I did a dab on the stage while at graduation ceremony. Unfortunately, I will not share the video
    What uni did you graduate from? I want to know because I've probably seen it (if it is you).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I had only just found out what dabbing was a few weeks ago

What uni did you graduate from? I want to know because I've probably seen it (if it is you).
    City University

It's not viral so I don't think you've seen it. Unless my mates posted it on YouTube them I'm screwed :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My whole year took a school photo. Everyone dabbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    lol oi
    how is it stupid it's just fun body language...
    you've got a point, sadly when i think of dabbing i think of retarded american rappers who cant even speak english, and as a listener of rap i think they're kind of harming the genre. Due to the rappers that promote dabbing, and those rappers being retarded, i see dabbing as a little stupid, its also done by a lot of stupid ppl IMO, who try and think they're funny when they're not. Also why did they have to call it dabbing when dabbing also had a meaning.. when people first started saying dabbing i thought they meant it as dabbing hash oil, until i was told someone thought itll be a good idea to name a dance move after something that already had a meaning.

but i get your point, it a move at the end of the day.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    My main dance move, it's life.

ReputationRep:
    Dank memes have sucked out my love for the dab... (which is kinda sad)

Right now the dab is too me the way most people saw that "watch meh whip and nae nae" ish

So freaking cringy :puke:

ReputationRep:
    The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Why do people even have a name for it? why don't we have a name for touching your nose with your thumb? how's this **** a "dance move"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Couldn't stop laughing when Rihanna dabbed as a response to Drake declaring his love for her at the VMAs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She didn't! She dabbed before he said that

ReputationRep:
    Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!

ReputationRep:

Seems quite common these days. I'm pretty indifferent to it but if people love it, then great!

ReputationRep:
    you've got a point, sadly when i think of dabbing i think of retarded american rappers who cant even speak english, and as a listener of rap i think they're kind of harming the genre. Due to the rappers that promote dabbing, and those rappers being retarded, i see dabbing as a little stupid, its also done by a lot of stupid ppl IMO, who try and think they're funny when they're not. Also why did they have to call it dabbing when dabbing also had a meaning.. when people first started saying dabbing i thought they meant it as dabbing hash oil, until i was told someone thought itll be a good idea to name a dance move after something that already had a meaning.

You need to get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Got ruined by fools. Should be exclusive to the music artists that created it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I do it for a piss take not even the rappers lol just cuz it looks fly on the right people and funny on others. I didnt even know it was a thing until I saw the video likes mths after I knew ppl dabbed. Idk I think it shows so much "swag" but of course people overdo **** like Bieber ruined the word swag lol which was fine...there's no other word to define what swag does -___- but thats cuz they dont have the swag. If they did it would never hav got ruined. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Ngl I dab to every song that's how am so addicted to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.