The Student Room Group

Black lives matter storm runway

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Duncan2012
Declare BLMUK a terrorist group as their only actions in the UK to date have been disruption of motorways in August and now this racist, elitist nonsense. They have no legitimate aims. Arrest, try and jail those found guilty.

I'd support this :smile:
Honestly you might as well arrest them. This is just a public nuisance.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Don't be silly

What's silly? Their only actions so far have been illegal, causing misery and disruption to the law-abiding British public. They have no legitimate aims, and their current protest is just bs.

Do you support the actions of BLMUK?
They should take that **** to the United States. There's no need to protest in the UK. I don't understand the logic of these people.
Original post by Duncan2012
What's silly? Their only actions so far have been illegal, causing misery and disruption to the law-abiding British public. They have no legitimate aims, and their current protest is just bs.

Do you support the actions of BLMUK?

Classing them as a terrorist organisation would be silly.

Nope
I completely understand BLM's motives in the USA where the police carry guns and kill innocent people who are disproportionately poor and disproportionately black amongst even the poor. However it makes no sense for this organisation to be in the UK for this issue.
I'd much rather these people join the organisations in the UK that are already trying to reduce discrimination amongst minorities in the UK than disenfranchise people away from real issues we have.
Bunch of C U Next Tuesdays.

I don't get their point in the UK, seems like a bunch of career activists/hippies who have got bored about protesting about animal rights/fracking/nuclear waste/whatever else takes their fancy.
Reply 27
Original post by 1010marina
Many of the people dying in the Mediterranean are breaking the law. It's tragic, but they are still criminals.

LMAO 'criminals' so they deserve to die now? dickhead
Reply 28
Ignore them...a non story. A publicity stunt which is not really newsworthy IMO.
Original post by homere

Didn't say that did he?

They don't, but Italy should just send them straight back. They should be told "don't bother, as when (not if) we'll catch you, you're going straight back".

That will eventually stop it, when they've seen people (or themselves), being sent back, perhaps more than once.
They're idiots, but entertaining.
Original post by homere

I didn't say that. But why on earth anyone is protesting on the behalf of people who cannot respect our country's laws is beyond me. These are not innocent victims of war, many of them are simple economic migrants that are heading towards the idyllic UK lifestyle, where they have heard we have no poverty, war or problems.

BLM would do far better organising charity work to help eradicate poverty in predominantly black areas, soup runs for the homeless, raising awareness about feminism, even just picketing outside airports if they are so concerned about that gdamn racist pollution.

Their current efforts are discrediting their movement and irritating the general public. I used to care, now I just simply want them locking up.
More disturbing is the truckloads of celebrities out in support for them, trying to smear the name of the police. Yes there is a problem in America but there is also a problem amongst the black communities that have little respect for officers, resist arrest, raise guns at police, etc. Telling these people not to respect the police is only adding fuel to the fire. And people with as large audiences as Chris Brown should be locked up for saying what he said about the police on Snapchat (?) this week... I am sure he would be grateful for the police in an emergency.
Thousands of Black people dying because they cross the sea. They're lucky White people rescue them, for I'd send the buggers back.
Arrest them!

What is wrong with the justice system...you are allowed to plan demonstrations and all. But storming private property and costing business money and travelers fear and delay is a criminal act.

And I am someone who is rather for BLM. But what it even has to do with the UK is beyond me. It seems like some people just need an excuse to do stupid things so they can feel "omg look at me I am trying to change the world".
Original post by Penguinfarts
I completely understand BLM's motives in the USA where the police carry guns and kill innocent people who are disproportionately poor and disproportionately black amongst even the poor.

Even that's not true. Don't be bought by the propaganda, unarmed black people are killed at the same rate as unarmed white people, despite representing more violent crime.
Original post by abc_123_
Surely the BLM tweet on twitter ("At London City Airport a small elite is able to fly, in 2016 alone 3,176 migrants have died or gone missing in the Mediterranean.":wink: has more to do with people's economic situation and whether they are able to afford flying than their race or the environmental impact on black people because they're highlighting how only a small elite can fly (personally I dispute the fact that only 'elite' people can fly ... this campaign sounds like a load of bull to me

Elite? Pfft.

They've obviously never taken a ****in Ryanair flight.
Virtue signalling on steroids.
Their actions could easily be costing individual travellers many tens of thousands of pounds and the Airlines even more.

I don't understand why these individuals aren't sued for the cost their illegal activities have created for others.
Reply 37
They are selfish, they don't care about anybody but themselves because that's what Americans are like and BLM is USA ideology
Reply 38
They are despicable and everyone should condemn them.
Reply 39
Original post by 1010marina
Many of the people dying in the Mediterranean are breaking the law. It's tragic, but they are still criminals.

They should have stayed where they belong and died without bothering us.
Sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending