Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

first day of sixth form Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    How did it go? :ahee:
    I started sixth form yesterday.
    it was ok, not bad not amazing. had double geography and it was just the same topics i did at gcse just with more sophisticated terms which threw me off a bit :3 how was yours?

(Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    First day at my sixth form and my head was hurting like 2 hours in because of the information overload.

i feel you, i just one subject done today so my head isnt traumatised, how many different subjects did you have?

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    I have induction day on Thursday and start properly on Monday... i do not know how to be prepared.
    i dont know either, i just went with the flow :rofl: nearly slept in the first two hours but it'll get better, first days are always awful

(Original post by surina16)
    nahh you're so lucky. I'm taking 4 A levels so I only have 5 frees a week. Other people have like 1 lesson some days lmao.
    awww i have 4 a levels too but on some day i have one lesson xD what do you do?

(Original post by Naruke)
    How's the maths going
    im having maths tomorrow first thing in the morning, i've done most of C1 but just need practice :hoppy: thanks for asking

ReputationRep:
    My first day of year 12, i had no lessons. We started thursdays and i had history first period as my only lesson. But we had form, enrollment and some other stuff, we finished all that 15 mins before 2nd period, ended up going to history but the lesson was 10 mins long and we did nothing. me and someone i meet at form then went to the library for an hour, and did nothing, since we had nothing to do at all, no homework, no work nothing, but our form tutor said we had to use our frees in the library, and when we told him at form we had no lessons he said we had to ''revise in the libary'' ...ended up asking the receptionist if we could leave like retards, and she said i could .... and i can tell you i never ever used my free in the libary all of year 12, the school was lucky if i even turned up thursday for that one lesson of history.

and thats how i did nothing and pretty much meet next to no one on my first day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    im having maths tomorrow first thing in the morning, i've done most of C1 but just need practice :hoppy: thanks for asking
    Try doing some push ups...

You will then feel mentally and physically ready for Maths

ReputationRep:
    gz

ReputationRep:
    I didn' t actually have any subjects as today was an introduction. But it was a new sixth form so that combined with the fact they have tonnes of rules burned me out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    I remember in year 12 all my frees would be in the middle of the day between lessons, so everyday would be annoying af because I never finished early 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was that a sixth form or college?

ReputationRep:
    At my old sixth form (I'm repeating year 12 in another sixth form) we only had 1 study period a day and 2 for the year 13s. I haven't got my timetable but when i see other people's timetable, it's basically empty. Glad I left that miserable all girls catholic sixth form (shade intended)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    awww i have 4 a levels too but on some day i have one lesson xD what do you do?
    You must have such a good timetable layout

I do Bio, Chem Maths + FM so yeah... headache already after the first day :lol: You?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a-levels are draining , it really kicks bites around the October half term.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep and ditch the processed foods and lots of water.

If you use your free periods effectively (you can have a chinwag at other times) you should fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    Was that a sixth form or college?
    I went to a college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.