Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the most expensive thing you broke/lost? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    how did u break or lose it?
    We had P.E and I left it in my blazer pocket.

I know, stupid and very reckless. When I realised it was missing I looked everywhere, couldn't find it, someone obviously stole it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    that pink/grey £10 one?
    I can't really remember haha, I think it was the standard black/grey Casio one. To replace it I was given my sibling's second-hand calculator, which I ended up using throughout the rest of school. Sad times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Lmaoo urm in secondary school, around 7/8 years ago.
    Oh, okay... Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    We had P.E and I left it in my blazer pocket.

I know, stupid and very reckless. When I realised it was missing I looked everywhere, couldn't find it, someone obviously stole it :/
    Aw that sucks, were your parents annoyed?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My old phone, Zenfone 2. I accidentally dropped it when I was drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

£100 phone
    fell out of my hand :'(

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this counts but my cousin drove into my first Maserati smashing the left side headlight.

Personally, I accidentally broke my iMac about 18 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    Aw that sucks, were your parents annoyed?
    I was really scared to tell them lol, it was given to me by my dad. I think for a while I kept telling him it was around etc but eventually he was like 'I know you've lost it' -,- he was quite annoyed but knew how guilty and upset I was over it lol (I tried endlessly to save up money to replace it before he found out)

ReputationRep:
    I was really scared to tell them lol, it was given to me by my dad. I think for a while I kept telling him it was around etc but eventually he was like 'I know you've lost it' -,- he was quite annoyed but knew how guilty and upset I was over it lol (I tried endlessly to save up money to replace it before he found out)
    Lol aww you're dad sounds pretty chill tbh

ReputationRep:
    I indirectly broke my 3DS. It had 20 free games on it because I bought it before the price drop. It was a good 3DS. I left it on charge but high up. My little brother somehow ended up stepping on the wire or something and it fell and snapped. I hate letting valuable things get destroyed. Sometimes people say, I've lost all interest in the material world. Does the 3DS and videogames and anime count as things in the material world? Ahh well, like I care about whether they care of the material world or not.

Have you watched School Rumble? It's sooooo hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    I indirectly broke my 3DS. It had 20 free games on it because I bought it before the price drop. It was a good 3DS. I left it on charge but high up. My little brother somehow ended up stepping on the wire or something and it fell and snapped. I hate letting valuable things get destroyed. Sometimes people say, I've lost all interest in the material world. Does the 3DS and videogames and anime count as things in the material world? Ahh well, like I care about whether they care of the material world or not.

Have you watched School Rumble? It's sooooo hilarious.
    dont like comedy anime so no
    I like drama, thrillers, mystery, pschology animes

I think I've said before, but I got pick pocketed in Paris. They took my iPod :')
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    lost my watch at the swimming pool
    £36

ReputationRep:
    I broke my phone 4 days ago...
    Plus I've broken multiple laptops, nintendo DS, headphones etc.
    Technology doesn't like me...

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago, I got a phone as a Christmas present from my nan (can't remember the price but at the time it was mid-range, I guess). Two months later my dog, who was then a little puppy, was teething, and somehow got hold of my phone and chewed it in the night. It was ruined beyond repair as the chips were dented with teethmarks. I still haven't replaced it as I simply have no use for a phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RCLeahcar)
    A few years ago, I got a phone as a Christmas present from my nan (can't remember the price but at the time it was mid-range, I guess). Two months later my dog, who was then a little puppy, was teething, and somehow got hold of my phone and chewed it in the night. It was ruined beyond repair as the chips were dented with teethmarks. I still haven't replaced it as I simply have no use for a phone.
    Lol u dont think theres a use for phones
    how about something to look at during an awakard situation

ReputationRep:
    My best friends brand new Iphone 5 She was taking pictures and I grabbed her phone and accidently dropped it :/ This was before I had a job so I hardly had the cash to get it repaired :'(

ReputationRep:
    An authentic Victorian vase. My soul shattered along with it

ReputationRep:
    As a young child my oldest sister blames me for spending a £2 coin that the wrong head of a monarch on it, which was worth around £2,000 at the time. She thinks I spent it at the Ice Cream van.

ReputationRep:
    A fancy pair of heels which I bought for around £40 and part of it was really digging into my flesh so I very stupidly decided to get some scissors and cut a snip into the fake leather on both shoes but when I wedged my feet back in both shoes ended up ripping apart. They were brand new as well and I ruined them smh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.