Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

When will the religious people realize there is NO afterlife ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofdeath)
    We will stop when the muslims will stop blowing themselves up and kill people in hope of eternal reward in the afterlife ( which of course exists only in their deranged imagination ).
    After reading this, I don't really need to waste my time even providing my view etc

But curious though as to why your username is "scaredofdeath"?

ReputationRep:
    Weird isn't it? That the scriptures passed on for thousands of years contain prophecies on what is going to happen in the future.

Weird how they are all slowly coming true.

Let's suppose there is no afterlife. You enjoy living your life believing there is none and those who want to believe can live their life knowing they have a bigger goal to attend to after death.

Weird how similar all three Abrahamic religions are and how they believe in the concept of heaven and hell. Weird how in all three religions they are told that those who refuse to believe are blinded and will never believe

ReputationRep:
    When i'll die I want my ****ing dead body to be completely burned to ashes and my ****ing ashes to be scattered to a million directions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! .

ReputationRep:
    When i'll die I want my ****ing dead body to be completely burned to ashes and my ****ing ashes to be scattered to a million directions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! .
    Literally no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    The whole point in the philosophy forum is to be open minded and ponder on things. You've essentially done the exact opposite of that.

ReputationRep:
    No Rob , it's just the ****ing TRUTH, and not the illusioned religious fairy tale.
    Give me definitive proof that there is no afterlife.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    The whole point in the philosophy forum is to be open minded and ponder on things. You've essentially done the exact opposite of that.
    There is no need to be open minded once you get to the truth.
    Do we need to be open minded that maybe the earth is not round? or that there is no such thing as gravity ?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everything points to the indisputable FACT that our consciousness or mind is a result of electrical/chemical reactions/impulses in our PHYSICAL brain.
    So we are literally our brains.
    And once our brains die , that's it our consciousness dies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We are just a bunch of ****ing intelligent APES who live on a spinning rock in the middle of infinite vacuum .

AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE FOR ALL ETERNITY !!!!!!!!!!
    NO AFTERLIFE WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applepiex3)
    Weird isn't it? That the scriptures passed on for thousands of years contain prophecies on what is going to happen in the future.

Weird how they are all slowly coming true.
    Contentious and subjective.

Let's suppose there is no afterlife. You enjoy living your life believing there is none and those who want to believe can live their life knowing they have a bigger goal to attend to after death.
    In principle, when it comes to faith, I agree with the idea of live and let live (although many religious people don't, often to terrible effect). However, there is nothing wrong with challenging each other's beliefs.

Weird how similar all three Abrahamic religions are and how they believe in the concept of heaven and hell.
    I suspect they're similar because they are loose continuations of each other (Judaism->Christianity->Islam) and were generated from a similar part of the world.

Weird how in all three religions they are told that those who refuse to believe are blinded and will never believe
    Not sure I agree with that. Atheists/agnostics/nonbelievers/'idolators' etc. have been converted to Abrahamic faiths in the past so surely saying that they 'will never believe' is incorrect?

ReputationRep:
    When will people realise that god is unfalsifiable, and hence atheism and theism are both potentially false.

ReputationRep:
    There is no need to be open minded once you get to the truth.
    Do we need to be open minded that maybe the earth is not round? or that there is no such thing as gravity ?.
    The Earth is flat.

ReputationRep:
    We are just a bunch of ****ing intelligent APES who live on a spinning rock in the middle of infinite vacuum .

AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE FOR ALL ETERNITY !!!!!!!!!!
    NO AFTERLIFE WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!.
    lmao, been watching Christopher Hitchens? Your autism is showing.

Religious people cannot prove God exists, atheists cannot disprove God exists.

*tips fedora*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Contentious and subjective.
    In principle, when it comes to faith, I agree with the idea of live and let live (although many religious people don't, often to terrible effect). However, there is nothing wrong with challenging each other's beliefs.
    I suspect they're similar because they are loose continuations of each other (Judaism->Christianity->Islam) and were generated from a similar part of the world.
    Not sure I agree with that. Atheists/agnostics/nonbelievers/'idolators' etc. have been converted to Abrahamic faiths in the past so surely saying that they 'will never believe' is incorrect?
    Everything I wrote was extremely biased and based on personal feelings; you may find everything I say to be quite subjective but no harm since we are challenging each others beliefs

Yes, they are continuations but you missed the point: why do they exist? Everything exists for a purpose and no one really knows our purpose in life. Coincidentally there's something called religion which actually gives purpose to our lives.

It is controversial to bring up scriptures again but isn't it a little spine chilling to be warned about the afterlife? No one could have just made it up. Especially since most of the text made no sense whatsoever to those when scriptures were made- they lived in different conditions. But thousands of years old text refers to us and the civilization man has built.

What I wrote was actually softened since religion tends to be strict. It is said that those who do not believe never believed in the first place. Everyone has doubts about their religion and beliefs but those little doubts can lead a person to stop believing altogether. As harsh as it sounds but when a person quits believing in God it says that there is no point in trying to change their minds since they are now the disbelievers and their hearts are technically turned to stone so there is no point, only they are to decide what they want to do - its between them and God.

Sorry it was so long, I'm half asleep as well lol hope it makes sense x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applepiex3)
    point, only they are to decide what they want to do - its between them and God.

Sorry it was so long, I'm half asleep as well lol hope it makes sense x
    when will you realize that that "god" of yours is an invention that doesn't exist.
    There is no "god" or "gods" or "ghosts" or "spirtis" or anything spiritual or supernatural in the universe.

ReputationRep:
    when will you realize that that "god" of yours is an invention that doesn't exist.
    There is no "god" or "gods" or "ghosts" or "spirtis" or anything spiritual or supernatural in the universe.
    The religious person will find a million things to defend their religion and their belief in God while the disbeliever will only find one.

ReputationRep:
    I am possibly one of the strongest atheists on this thread. I believe in the afterlife, just not how it is portrayed by religion... I have witnessed it with my own eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca.b)
    I don't understand why you care? I'm an atheist but I don't waste my time criticising people's beliefs that don't have a significant effect on me. Focus on your own views instead of attacking people who find comfort in religion.
    Because other peoples beliefs affect society.An american cant even become president without believing in god or at least is highly unlikely to.Gay people have been persecuted for centuries,largely due to religous beliefs.Science was held back throughout the medieval times due to the power of the church.Even today Islam subjugates large numbers of women and gay people.To say that these beliefs are harmless is simply not true.Individually that might be so but when large numbers of people put unreason and faith above logic and reason it damages society. Maybe if less people believed in a fake paradise after death we could actually create a heaven here on earth, if only for a little while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    I am possibly one of the strongest atheists on this thread. I believe in the afterlife, just not how it is portrayed by religion... I have witnessed it with my own eyes.
    Can you explain?

ReputationRep:
    We will stop when the muslims will stop blowing themselves up and kill people in hope of eternal reward in the afterlife ( which of course exists only in their deranged imagination ).
    so... never then

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.