Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just got dumped, cheer me up. (pls) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    haha the Inbetweener's is one of my all-time favourites. Maybe I should binge-watch some episodes just to lift my mood up a little.
    DO IT, especially the one at Thorpe Park, the one where Will s*** his pants, the Fashion Show and the very last episode- bound to cheer you up

ReputationRep:
    haha the Inbetweener's is one of my all-time favourites. Maybe I should binge-watch some episodes just to lift my mood up a little.

ah okay, will do - thank you so much.

oh, Rob. Are you insinuating that you'd like to be the rebound?
    The implication that my proximity to you would cheer you up was intended to be ironic, but I'm not known to be very decisive if you catch my drift.

ReputationRep:
    **This was my first official relationship in my life (I'm 22, but I was raised religiously and so this was my first).**

My boyfriend of 1 year (not a long time, Im aware, but long enough) just dumped me via a phone call after a few days of ignoring my texts/calls.
    He said hes been going through a lot, personally and financially, and wants to deal with it how he's always dealt with it - alone. He promised it was just a break, but I know he finds the commitment too much.

I was alright with it up until the call ended. I've been embarrassingly crying since (for the past half hour). I'm really upset (expectedly) and angry, because I really grew fond of this guy. I'm in love with him.

I thought he was in love with me too (he told me he loved me first), and he's kept saying "I love you" constantly, even last week, which makes me mad because how could one go from "I love you" to "We need a break" in the span of a week?

I just feel like it's me. I feel like I was too much. I fell hard for this guy, and I guess I feel *****y because I invested a lot of my happiness in him (BIG ****ING MISTAKE).

It's been a long time since my last episode depression-wise, but I feel like this will cause a relapse.

So yeah guys. Cheer me up, please. Take my mind off of this. Or just AMA. Anything, really.
    Good luck babes, forget about him. you can do better! x

ReputationRep:
    Is it easier to get over losing a job as opposed to being "dumped"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    The implication that my proximity to you would cheer you up was intended to be ironic, but I'm not known to be very decisive if you catch my drift.
    I don't.
    if you wanna go for a pint just say so if you catch my drift.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Good luck babes, forget about him. you can do better! x
    Much easier said than done, but thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't.
    if you wanna go for a pint just say so if you catch my drift.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol ok. Woody?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Much easier said than done, but thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how old are you anyway, and what base did you get to, if you mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Lol ok. Woody?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    gotcha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    how old are you anyway, and what base did you get to, if you mind me asking?
    I'm 22, and we pretty much went all the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22, and we pretty much went all the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're still young enough to find someone else. Put the loser behind you and move on. Are you at uni, if so you should meet plenty of eligible bachelors there
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    gotcha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess the slight catch is that listening... or in your case, singing/playing depressing songs doesn't help, not saying to listen to ridiculously happy songs or whatever but don't get trapped though.

ReputationRep:
    It is a break. Sometimes people just need a break for a few weeks. I know myself if you are with someone all the time then you need a break from them every now and then. However he didn't have to actually break up with you, he could have just seek he couldn't talk to you or see you for a while because he needs to sort himself out and a change. As thinking about someone all the time is tiring, so the break is good.

If OPs name is Lilly, please respond..

ReputationRep:
    **This was my first official relationship in my life (I'm 22, but I was raised religiously and so this was my first).**

My boyfriend of 1 year (not a long time, Im aware, but long enough) just dumped me via a phone call after a few days of ignoring my texts/calls.
    He said hes been going through a lot, personally and financially, and wants to deal with it how he's always dealt with it - alone. He promised it was just a break, but I know he finds the commitment too much.

I was alright with it up until the call ended. I've been embarrassingly crying since (for the past half hour). I'm really upset (expectedly) and angry, because I really grew fond of this guy. I'm in love with him.

I thought he was in love with me too (he told me he loved me first), and he's kept saying "I love you" constantly, even last week, which makes me mad because how could one go from "I love you" to "We need a break" in the span of a week?

I just feel like it's me. I feel like I was too much. I fell hard for this guy, and I guess I feel *****y because I invested a lot of my happiness in him (BIG ****ING MISTAKE).

It's been a long time since my last episode depression-wise, but I feel like this will cause a relapse.

So yeah guys. Cheer me up, please. Take my mind off of this. Or just AMA. Anything, really.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkXf4UT3nwM

I've recently gone through a breakup as well (it was about a week and a half ago) and this is coming out of a relationship of about two years. I can empathize with how you're feeling OP It sucks completely. Over time it does get better though, I'm starting to feel slightly better, still upset, but better. I'm sure you're lovely and when you're ready any guy will jump at the chance to be with you

Chin up, binge watch TV and eat all the food, that's what I'm doing :laugh:

ReputationRep:

Hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_X6PrASho

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you were too much?

ReputationRep:
    Keep smiling.

ReputationRep:
    I know he finds the commitment too much
    May seem harsh but the intent is constructive: learn from this remarkable failure of judgement/prescience

he told me he loved me first
    Again, you're smart/mature enough to know better than to judge men by the things they say and take them as gospel

how could one go from "I love you" to "We need a break" in the span of a week?
    Perhaps he has a personality disorder, or else is a juvenile delinquent :dontknow:

It's been a long time since my last episode depression-wise, but I feel like this will cause a relapse
    What kind of passive language is this? You have agency girl! I strongly encourage you to take ownership of your relationships and understand that you have a choice in your practical, and psychological, responses to related dynamics. Hope this helps:

Related article: Bouncing Back from a Break-up / Moving On from a Relationship

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.