Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lack of diversity at uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Universities aren't obliged to be diverse, or mulitcultural.

If you see a school that's filled with a little diversity in races, then pick another Uni that's diverse like Bradford, Queen Mary, KCL or Birmingham.

Simple.
    I don't mean it to be a problem as such

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've moved from a high school that was truly diverse - most people were white, but had different interests, styles and dreams for the future - and moved to a university that's 90% Asian and everyone is essentially a cardboard cut out of another.

I feel like the word "Diversity" has lost its meaning. Racial demographics of a campus won't determine whether you'll enjoy your time at Uni or not!

ReputationRep:
    I've met about 3 people who speak English at my uni so far. I don't reckon it's lacking in this regard haha.

Plus I really appreciated the diversity in the student reps. If there's someone I want showing me to my class, it's someone who cannae understand a word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbblitz)
    I've met about 3 people who speak English at my uni so far. I don't reckon it's lacking in this regard haha.

Plus I really appreciated the diversity in the student reps. If there's someone I want showing me to my class, it's someone who cannae understand a word.
    What uni is this?

ReputationRep:
    You won't meet a large variety of bananas, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Most universities are very diverse, especially London universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    You know, the blacks.
    Wow

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.