Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What if you had to survive a zombie apocalypse? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Grab my sword, my uncle's gun, try and get hold of some motorcycle gear or other body armour and leg it up to the Isle of Skye or some other remote Scottish island with my friends if they'll come
    You've got a sword?

I'd be heading for the Isle of Jura. Virtually no people and thousands of deer to eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    You've got a sword?
    Hahaha yes what is it with guys and swords :laugh:

Name:  IMG_20151221_235402827.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  192.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    You want to survive the mean streets during a zombie outbreak? Here's how you do it WITHOUT resorting to violence, because that is never the answer:

1) Locate a zombie gang. They typically hang around in large groups, wandering gormlessly and looking for something to eat (not much different from university students on a Friday night).

2) Find the biggest, baddest zombie of the group. They'll be the leader.

3) Walk up to the group and call out the leader. Say something like "Those ain't real Air Jordans" and that'll get them pretty riled up. Then proceed to throw the towel you have around your neck (this is vital) on to the ground and tell the leader to "Step up".

4) At this point the group of zombies are all leaning back, surprised at the challenge. They will begin to click their fingers (if they have any left) and make zombie beat boxing noises. A dance battle will commence.

5) Slide in and bust some sweet street moves on the ground. The leader will be big, clunky and slow and will most likely have limbs falling off if any flexible moves are attempted. Whatever moves you do the zombie leader MUST try to perform better otherwise they lose the battle. Do some bendy moves and you're guaranteed a win after about 3 or 4 rounds of back and forth dancing. Do not, I repeat, do not attempt any Michael Jackson dance moves, zombies are good at these.

5) Once you beat the leader, you then become head of the zombie pack and you now have your own dance troupe.

6) Now take your troupe from the back streets of your town to the big city and begin performing at bars and clubs, then work your way up to winning the "Brains Factor". The new talent show that will be put in by zombies once the cities have lost any alive human population.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of zombies are we talking? Are we talking 28 days later, these guys are sprinting after you and are still alive, so running isn't an effective strategy, or are we talking walking dead, they're decomposing?

Fast zombies, set up camp. Head for a supermarket, and barricade, and ride it out for as long as possible (about 4 weeks before they starve to death)

Slow - supply runs and stay at home. Zombie apocalypse doesn't work in Britain, we actually lock our doors and our house aren't made of ply wood, so you'd be able to get outside to make runs, whilst being secure. Fashion some kind of garage roof stairs so you don't have to risk unlocking the front/back door. Solar panels ASAP.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiawaseNekox3)
    Make up a zombie killing squad
    Yeah, I join

(Original post by MrDystopia)
    'You wake up to just another boring day. 2016 seems to be dragging on doesn't it? Shuffling downstairs for breakfast, you sit in front of the TV flicking casually through the channels, settling for the morning news. The panicked news reporter is rushing through a story about a zombie apocalypse...really, zombies? The footage is real, the zombies have risen...and they're coming to YOUR neighbourhood.

It's time for action. What's the plan? How are you going to survive this? How simple or crazy are you willing to go to ensure you don't become just another victim to the living dead? Is it simply a case of hiding in an underground bunker, or are you going to be dropping fireworks out of a hot air balloon as you make your way to Mount Everest?

The Support Team are going to read over your plans, questioning your methods and looking out for the most spectacular ideas that you come up with to survive this zombie apocalypse.

Just another boring day eh?'
    It's already happened, in the form of television and the Internet.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    There's some seriously interesting ideas here However,

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    1) Run down to Sainsbury's or Tesco's near my house and get loads of canned foods, knives,water, batteries and toilet paper.
    2) Get on a Heathrow runway and find an unused plane
    3) Get Douglas Booth
    4) Get a few dogs
    5) Fly to Iceland or Greenland
    6) Make a home there
    7) Have kids with Doug B
    8) Teach them to use knives against zombies

OR

I can just live in Costco and lock myself in because I swear I could live off the cake for ages.
    What happens if the zombies get you before you reach Tesco's? :holmes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)

3) Walk up to the group and call out the leader. Say something like "Those ain't real Air Jordans" and that'll get them pretty riled up. Then proceed to throw the towel you have around your neck (this is vital) on to the ground and tell the leader to "Step up".

What if it turns out that they were real Air Jordans after all?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Stay in London and see how many points i can rack up for the random box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Yeah, I join
    Okay, you're in
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiawaseNekox3)
    Okay, you're in
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    The castle also has some dress-up armor. Not strong enough to survive a sword-thrust, but strong enough to resist a zombie bite. The most significant dangers would be looters, but barring them having battering rams, we're pretty safe. We also could boil some water if they came at the door with an axe.
    Bodiam's a good choice, but you'd have to demolish the bridge and create a floating bridge instead as I'm not sure if the portcullis still works.

Full body-armour is a no-no; sure, you won't get bitten whilst wearing it, but have you ever worn full armour for an extended period of time, much less tried to fight in it? It's tiring as hell!
    You could get pushed down with relative ease once the lethargy kicks in, and unless you're Hercules you're not going to be able to get yourself back on your feet whilst wearing armour and having the living dead bundle on top of you. You'd be canned food mate.

You'd also have to beat me there first

ReputationRep:
    What type of zomies are they? World war z . Sean of the dead. Resident evil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Bodiam's a good choice, but you'd have to demolish the bridge and create a floating bridge instead as I'm not sure if the portcullis still works.

Full body-armour is a no-no; sure, you won't get bitten whilst wearing it, but have you ever worn full armour for an extended period of time, much less tried to fight in it? It's tiring as hell!
    You could get pushed down with relative ease once the lethargy kicks in, and unless you're Hercules you're not going to be able to get yourself back on your feet whilst wearing armour and having the living dead bundle on top of you. You'd be canned food mate.

You'd also have to beat me there first

Hahah! So Bodiam it is.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Tesco and make a toilet paper fort and add furnishings. Very basic but I'll have food plus the bakery will have ovens. Very simple plan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.