Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

B1046 – Privatisation of Vermin Bill 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    No, no - he made clear who were lower than vermin, but he never actually defined vermin itself.
    Oh how we Tories smile knowing that your heroes like Marx and Bevan were infact a racist and an arrogant eugenicist who believed the poor were nothing more than feckless.

At any rate, Nay. I like swans.

ReputationRep:
    You know, I despise the Monarchy and all it stands for but this is still ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I have to say I thought the Greens would be more enthusiastic about this. Swans as food would have much lower greenhouse emissions than beef, lamb and pork. What's more, they would of course be free range unlike those poor factory farmed chickens.

They would remain to reside in the estuaries they already reside in - as made clear in Section 3(2)(d)(vii), conservation efforts would be a key factor when the Minister of Vermin is deciding who to award the franchise to. Therefore there is nothing to stop artists continuing to paint swans. Indeed, we highlighted in the notes the potential for tourism as one of the economic uses.

I find it disappointing that so many conservatives who have commented seem to support continued public ownership, where it is clear that this economic resource is being wasted, rather than allowing market forces to come into play.
    Yes, funny that. Its almost like they want the things they like to be state funded and the bits they don't privatised. Hmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This bill is in cessation.

ReputationRep:
    This bill has been withdrawn.

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.