Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

If I just drink spirits will I put weight on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber;[url="tel:67573072")
    67573072[/url]]You're an efficient drunk. If I'm lucky, I get some water in before I fall asleep :lol:

Edit: However having food when drunk, truly shows you at your worst. Just some scavenging mess eating toast at an unreal pace :lol:
    This.

Depends how drunk i am really.

The girls i thought were hot earlier suddenly transform into ravenous animals with their cheese and chips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You're an efficient drunk. If I'm lucky, I get some water in before I fall asleep :lol:

Edit: However having food when drunk, truly shows you at your worst. Just some scavenging mess eating toast at an unreal pace :lol:
    I've been known to eat a block of cheese when I couldn't find pizza :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mphysical)
    It is the alcohol content. The structure of alcohol is similar to carbohydrate, but alcohol can pass through the stomach wall.
    I think it is about 90 Kcals per unit of alcohol.
    Cider is quite higher (100-110) because sugar is added after fermentation.
    Some spirits may only be lower (80-85 gin I think is one), but DYOR.
    simple rule, OP is clear drinks
    so tequila, gin and vodka are better than say cognac, scotch or bourbon

ReputationRep:
    Do what i did.
    Drink every day until you feel disgusted and sick all the time. Go a week with no alcohol and never look back

ReputationRep:
    Just don't drink often. I only drink like once a week.

When i know i'm gonna drink i reduce my carb intake for the day. Beer is used your enemy, but saying that i don't care about amount. At most i'm drinking 2 bottles

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.