Please Quote me in 2 separate posts below...

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisN)
    Thanks guys. Fancy helping me solve a puzzle while I am bored at Luton Airport? Will help us speed through a solution....

Are notifications always triggering the yellow bell?

Are notification always appearing in the drop down under the bell?

Are notifications always showing on the see all notifications link (linked from the bell drop down)

Is it any different the first or second time it happens in a thread?

What is the delay from quote to notification being triggered?

Is the issue any different for @tags or quotes?

£10 Amazon voucher for whoever works it out first!
    1. Yes they trigger the bell
    2. Weird things happen to the tray when I get a lot of different notifications. I think it was last night, I got home and I had 17 notifications, but I could only see the first 6 (highlighted with the light blue background), which is the limit for that pane without scrolling. This doesn't happen all the time though... I think it happened on 2 or 3 other occasions in the last week... I could see the rest when I clicked on view all notifications. My theory is that the notification box goes weird once there are more than 6, but it's just a theory. I will see if I can replicate this again and show you.

My second theory is when you have many notifications and don't dismiss them by clicking on the notification to view the thread, that messes up the order and causes an offset(?).
    3. Yes they all show
    4. They still show, regardless of how many times I've received a notification for that thread
    5. Couldn't tell you i'm afraid, when I'm online I get them pretty much instantly
    6. Not usually on desktop when I receive quotes so couldn't say

Might be worth investigating the issue in point 2 though...

(Original post by iEthan)
    Usherette is my dupe and I must confess I don't believe I've ever used the account on my phone. One thing I notice though, sometimes when tapping notifications on my iPhone, I get taken to an article. I reckon this is my fault and I tap something on the pod when I press the notification. That's the only thing I noticed though. :s:
    Ah. OK. Thanks.

(Original post by UWS)
    1. Yes they trigger the bell
    2. Weird things happen to the tray when I get a lot of different notifications. I think it was last night, I got home and I had 17 notifications, but I could only see the first 6 (highlighted with the light blue background), which is the limit for that pane without scrolling. This doesn't happen all the time though... I think it happened on 2 or 3 other occasions in the last week... I could see the rest when I clicked on view all notifications. My theory is that the notification box goes weird once there are more than 6, but it's just a theory. I will see if I can replicate this again and show you.

My second theory is when you have many notifications and don't dismiss them by clicking on the notification to view the thread, that messes up the order and causes an offset(?).
    3. Yes they all show
    4. They still show, regardless of how many times I've received a notification for that thread
    5. Couldn't tell you i'm afraid, when I'm online I get them pretty much instantly
    6. Not usually on desktop when I receive quotes so couldn't say

Might be worth investigating the issue in point 2 though...
    Great. Thanks. We will have a look at that. Captain Jack please could you add to our list of wrinkles

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Good to see. I se you are on desktop. Wonder if there is a difference on mobile/different browsers?
    Mobile has been playing up recently- sometimes the notification drop down thing will be empty, and also sometimes when I get a VM the notification wont go away unless I click on it, rather than being on my VM page. I also clicked on a page about two hours ago and the layout was really odd, there was the person's avatar and username then a big gap before their gems, and the text was black instead of blue. The page refreshed and logged me out..Then there's that issue with the tags that's all I can think of

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. Fancy helping me solve a puzzle while I am bored at Luton Airport? Will help us speed through a solution....

Are notifications always triggering the yellow bell?

Are notification always appearing in the drop down under the bell?

Are notifications always showing on the see all notifications link (linked from the bell drop down)

Is it any different the first or second time it happens in a thread?

What is the delay from quote to notification being triggered?

Is the issue any different for @tags or quotes?

£10 Amazon voucher for whoever works it out first!
    oh also another thing,why is it that the notifications will show up sometimes but after a while,if you click the bell icon it says you have no notifications at all,it's all empty and you can't see who's quotes of repped you*

(Original post by queen-bee)
    oh also another thing,why is it that the notifications will show up sometimes but after a while,if you click the bell icon it says you have no notifications at all,it's all empty and you can't see who's quotes of repped you*
    Interesting. Tagging Captain Jack

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Screen grabs would be really helpful should it happen again. Thanks guys

(Original post by LDS16)
    Mobile has been playing up recently- sometimes the notification drop down thing will be empty, and also sometimes when I get a VM the notification wont go away unless I click on it, rather than being on my VM page. I also clicked on a page about two hours ago and the layout was really odd, there was the person's avatar and username then a big gap before their gems, and the text was black instead of blue. The page refreshed and logged me out..Then there's that issue with the tags that's all I can think of
    Thanks. Anyone else seeing similar? Sounds like the latter problem could be a dodgy signal? Is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Tagging Captain Jack

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Screen grabs would be really helpful should it happen again. Thanks guys

Thanks. Anyone else seeing similar? Sounds like the latter problem could be a dodgy signal? Is that possible?
    Could be a dodgy signal, the page does occasionally just cut out and have to be reloaded (both on mobile and PC) dont think it's my WiFi though, on PC it says about some server/plug-in crashing though. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Really interesting bugs reported here everyone - I'm interested if you can read through other people's bugs to see if you experience the same things as well.

ReputationRep:
    :worm2: :worm2: :unimpressed: :backstab:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Who would you vote for in an early general election?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.