Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

West Midlands Police Considers Allowing The Burka watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    "It won't happen"

Then why debate it? You're so overly certain - who gave you authority?
    It's a free country as you so rightly pointed out so I was giving my opinion on the matter.

You know as well as I do that people cherry-pick in their faith. If they wouldn't dare handle cases then they wouldn't go up for the role in the first place.
    The role of a police officer which will inevitably include arresting males. Like I said it'll never happen.

I know people cherry pick religion but come on, if someone's devout enough to wear a burka I'd be very surprised if they don't follow the part about male contact.

ReputationRep:
    Legit, I swear down the pompous attempts by little teens on this forum to use big language to sound intelligent gets me everytime. It's hilarious.

In my opinion, prick, the issue doesn't even merit an argument. It's a complete no-brainer.
    "Little teens"

I think that people sound intelligent because they have a case to make, unlike you. The vocab I used wasn't even that advanced, not for most people

What's the case you wanted to make? If it's such a non-brainer, then why are you incapable of actually making it? I've still to hear from you on this one, five posts down the line.

ReputationRep:
    For being respectful of other people's lifestyle choices and clothing choices? Right. Go and live in somewhere like the Middle East or Russia or China if you want to limit people's freedoms and basic rights as human beings. Close the door on the way out.
    Its installing sexism within the police force.Muslim women dont wear the burka out of free choice,they wear it because the religion they believe in is inherently sexist.The religion tells them that they must cover up otherwise they're being imodest.This is nonsense.Its ironic that you're telling him to go live in the middle east when certain middle east countries oppress women by forcing them to wear the hijab or the burka.Even the burka is considered the extreme end of islam and there is no obligation to actually wear a full burka.By defending this decision and screaming bigot at everyone you are actually being sexist yourself.We have no obligation to respect other peoples cultures if they are sexist or homophobic or racist cultures which im afraid islam qualifies as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I was wondering why he/she was so defensive of a religion that treats him/her as both a kuffar and a sickening pervert, but whatever, I've dealt with enough self-contradicting idiots for one night.

I wonder if he/she would use the "if you don't like the country, get out" argument against homophobic Muslims.
    It is the same with other leftists, they have this strange position of defending two opposites. It is like me supporting fox rights but also supporting fox hunting, it would not make sense.

I think it comes down to leftist racism. They view Muslims as brown and black, and as leftists view them two groups and inferior (which I disagree with by the way), they feel that those groups need leftist help.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt any hijab-wearers would be able to pass the fitness requirements tbh.

Why would this even be considered though? If I was robbed and a police officer was taking statements etc, I (and many others) wouldn't feel comfortable talking to someone whose face was covered; that's not something to "get over" because calming civvies down and putting them at ease in such situations is part of the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    And what will the Burka officer do when a young single man, full of sinful lust, asks to see some identification so he knows they're a real police officer?

They'll have to show their face!
    She will have the same burka in her identification card. So no problem with identification. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to think of any Muslim countries that permit female police officers to wear the niqab or burqa. The only example I can find are female police commandos in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan, who are fighting the Taliban.
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1152673

ReputationRep:
    One typo made at 3am and that's all you can pick out? Grow the **** up.
    There is so much to pick out one doesn't know where to start.

Talk about a turkey voting for Christmas.

You will be the first to be persecuted if we permit the political Islamification of this country. Actually not quite true, Jewish people will be the first, but you will be a close second.

And if you want evidence for that look at how homosexuality is viewed throughout the Islamic world.

And we are not just talking about this

https://themuslimissue.files.wordpre...f-building.jpg

Can you point out to me a Muslim country where homosexual sex is even legal?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know where to start. I'm not fully on board with banning the burqa but this is the stupidest idea I've heard in a while. I mean it's actually utterly ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    I'm struggling to think of any Muslim countries that permit female police officers to wear the niqab or burqa.
    The new German uniform

http://qpress.de/wp-content/uploads/...al-konform.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)

It is legal in a few Muslim majority countries, and in a number of other Muslim countries, it isn't considered illegal making it technically legal. Homosexuality is for example legal in Kosovo. That said, LGBT discrimination is often still a problem in these countries. It is also worth noting that the last Islamic caliphate in the Ottoman empire legalised homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey is a majority muslim country where homosexuality is legal.

ReputationRep:
    Barely.

If you are going to talk b'llocks (sic) could you at least try to spell it correctly?
    Reading through the entire thread, ivybridge is not the only one who has made spelling mistakes. But, I guess you'd pick on him because his views don't match yours. :teehee: Everyone makes mistakes here and there. Don't be such a prune.

ReputationRep:
    You're not protecting anything. You are fuelling hatred and division.

Yes, and so do I wonder just that. You don't realise who is actually causing those attacks and what they mean, particularly in relation to your attempts to divide.
    If I could give all of my reps to you. I would.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey is a majority muslim country where homosexuality is legal.
    Congratulations, you can read the post above yours.

Turkey is still a secular state (just) and the exception that proves the rule.

But how much longer will gay sex be permitted, by Erdogan, in the aftermath of the coup? We'll see about that...

I have to say I am not convinced that Islam and gay rights are all that compatible you know. Ask any of the gay Muslims on here.

They are persecuted by their "community" and have to make a de facto choice. Be celibate, leave the faith, or live a lie.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa. Just ask yourselves this. When you are arrested, do you really need to see the face of the person arresting you? It's just not essential.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, you can read the post above yours.

Turkey is still a secular state (just) and the exception that proves the rule.

But how much longer will gay sex be permitted, by Erdogan, in the aftermath of the coup? We'll see about that...

I have to say I am not convinced that Islam and gay rights are all that compatible you know. Ask any of the gay Muslims on here.

They are persecuted by their "community" and have to make a de facto choice. Be celibate, leave the faith, or live a lie.
    My best friend is a practising muslim... so is his family... I have never been accepted with more love and respect in my life other than by my boyfriend's family.

It wasn't muslims refusing to stand in solidarity with the Orlando LGBT community after the attacks - it was far-right extremists and Christian pastors.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is a practising muslim... so is his family... I have never been accepted with more love and respect in my life other than by my boyfriend's family.

It wasn't muslims refusing to stand in solidarity with the Orlando LGBT community after the attacks - it was far-right extremists and Christian pastors.
    Don't worry. The people on this thread think that they are saving you and I get the same 'we are saving you from oppression' because I'm a Muslim woman. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    Don't worry. The people on this thread think that they are saving you and I get the same 'we are saving you from oppression' because I'm a Muslim woman. :rolleyes:
    It's disgusting, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    It's disgusting, to be honest.
    Leave them lol. You do you.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.