Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: What do you think of quiet girls? Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I think it's not guys writing off girls for being quiet, it's these types of girls not making much of an effort.

I like the idea of more reserved girls as they'd be more relatable and chilled out but from what I've seen they are all so passive and never try to initiate conversations/ ask questions.

If the guy thinks the girl has no interest in him, he's not going to keep pursuing her in a romantic way because he's going to think it's most likely going to end in a rejection of some sort.
    Are you also trying to imply that a quiet/shy girl who actually likes a guy won't try to initiate a conversation and wait for the guy to?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you also trying to imply that a quiet/shy girl who actually likes a guy won't try to initiate a conversation and wait for the guy to?
    About the 'never initiating conversation', I suppose the girls I'm talking about must be painfully shy. I was referring to them being around new people, rather than guys they like but it must be even worse in that situation -with the added nerves n' all. But I didn't make that clear at all.

So I'm saying, I think plenty of guys are attracted to quiet girls but more often than not they can be so passive and noncommittal that it feels impossible to know where you're at with them.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm shy and quiet and if a girl is like me, we'll never get the chance to talk to each other lol. Otherwise, they're great, I prefer quiet girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    With all due respect i don't think a guy would completely write a girl off as un-marryable just because she's quiet
    With all due respect, you're wrong :gah:

Can't stand the loud extrovert stereotype and/or people who feel like they need to fill silences the whole time but - speaking as a male who's steamrollered pretty much each and every poor wench who's ever stepped into his path (by force [of personality]) - I could only see myself sustaining a relationship with a girl who's vocal, strong willed, and will stand up for herself :blah:

Furthermore, I would never marry a woman I was not in love with, and for me the two vital ingredients thereof are adoration + admiration, and again, I simply cannot admire someone who is meek (possibly relates to having had a rather 'robust' mother) :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    With all due respect, you're wrong :gah:

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the loud extrovert stereotype and/or people who feel like they need to fill silences the whole time but - speaking as a male who steamrollered every poor wench who's ever stepped into his path - I could only see myself sustaining a conventional relationship with a woman who is vocal, strong willed, and will stand up for herself :blah:

Furthermore, I would never marry a woman I was not in love with, and for me the two vital ingredients thereof are adoration + admiration, and again, I simply cannot admire someone who is meek, it's not in my DNA (possibly relates to having had a rather 'robust' mother) :innocent:
    But you are just speaking for yourself, not every guy is like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    But you are just speaking for yourself, not every guy is like you
    Indeed not (thankfully). Whereas you said "a guy" (could mean any/every guy). If that was not your intent then of course we can agree that most young guys will give most quiet girls a shot

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm quite a quiet girl. Not that I'm shy is just that I've never really clicked with anyone and before I just didn't bother to get close friends. But when I feel comfortable and with people I know for years I get quite chatty, probably to the point that it gets annoying lol

ReputationRep:
    'Quiet are harder to know, quiet are difficult to converse with...'

lol quiet does not mean you're a mute. It just means they are not a loud mouth

I'd consider myself to be a quiet person but certainly have no trouble making conversation with anyone

If you think about Nina from Black Swan (Natalie Portmans character) she'd probably be considered a quiet girl too. but she was still confident. quietly confident

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.