}
    :five: *

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    while(true){
    alert('<3';
    }
    Bro are u mad? that's an infinite loop, why you giving people such dangerous code?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    What is 'internet explorer'?
    What is 'Netscape Navigator'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    What is 'Netscape Navigator'?
    Something to do with the discovery of South America? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Finaru Fantaji.

ReputationRep:
    Err... I'm 23 and know what all those things are. It's more of whether or not you are a "gamer" or have played online games and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Bro are u mad? that's an infinite loop, why you giving people such dangerous code?
    10 r=2
    20 if r < 1 GOTO 60
    30 print "True Dat"
    40 r = r + 1
    50 GOTO 20**
    60 print "What took you so long ?"*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Tell me something I don't know. Of course it's an infinite loop because we want to annoy users, just like we did back in the day. Remember that 'click me' button that would change coordinates every time you hovered over it? Or that button that would regenerate every time you clicked 'ok'? Hahaha, those were fun times.

Dangerous code? That's not dangerous code. Dangerous code is code that exploits a memory address space, allowing you to go outside of the browser. That's the first thing Computer Scientists are warned of in freshman year!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if that's fake, then why does the narrator of Final Fantasy Advent Children say "Finaru" (in the movie itself). Here is another example, the trailer: "Sephirosu", "lifu storimu"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Err... I'm 23 and know what all those things are. It's more of whether or not you are a "gamer" or have played online games and stuff.
    I'm talking about games including before you were born. You couldn't have been a gamer before you were born.

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about games including before you were born. You couldn't have been a gamer before you were born.
    "
    1995-2004 internet era. "

I was alive then...

I played Age of empires when I was 7. It is also possible to play games after the year of release.

I played dungeon keeper to death 5 yrs after it came out. I spent my teenage years playing online games and being around smack talk like "pwned" etc. I used modem internet. You can play counter strike now and get pwned by some squeaky kid called haxor or something stupid like that.

ReputationRep:
    "

I was alive then...

I played Age of empires when I was 7. It is also possible to play games after the year of release.

I played dungeon keeper to death 5 yrs after it came out. I spent my teenage years playing online games and being around smack talk like "pwned" etc. I used modem internet. You can play counter strike now and get pwned by some squeaky kid called haxor or something stupid like that.
    I was not referring to that era I mentioned before when I made that statement. All the games you mentioned are too new.

I am referring to the good old Pong (made on an oscilloscope in 1970), Ms. Pacman on the arcade machines, 1982, The Vectrex in 1983 with its amazing line graphics, etc. The times when you would go into arcade bars and pay pennies, just to play games. The times when the internet didn't even exist to the masses.. the times of the Minitel.

I was there. And in that, is honor.

ReputationRep:
    (...) *Yet, no one responds to my threads, which leads me to think that there are practically no 30 year olds on this forum. Am I right?
    In terms of myself, you are wrong. I am 30+, although it is surely a rarety in this forum. I am aware of being a minority.*

ReputationRep:
    I've spoken to someone who lives in Japan and he said "finaru fantaji" is the correct Japanese pronunciation.

Here's what he said:
    finaru fantaji- is the correct way to pronounce “final fantasy” in Japanese "fantajii*
    yeah, it is a romanisation thing, and has to do with Katakana missing some sounds that roman letters have
    yeah, Japanese people made the name up, but it is “gairaigo” , made up of “loanwords”

ReputationRep:
    "

I was alive then...

A friend at college played Age of Empires (II, I think) - lots of little horses and elephants fighting? Castles and stuff. He had coded a little biplane in it, which dropped a bomb - when it landed, a Viking warrior climbed out. :teehee:

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.