My Journey To Great AS Levels 2016/2017

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, just came home from school and i already have so much to do, so todays aim is to:

x take notes on physics

x do past paper inequalities questions from C1

x do maths homework and revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melisss22)
    Right, just came home from school and i already have so much to do, so todays aim is to:

x take notes on physics

x do past paper inequalities questions from C1

x do maths homework and revise
    omg i totally forgot to update this, well i did take notes on physics and do my maths homework but i couldnt quite get around to doing the inequalities questions as i was very tired. however today i'll dedicate my time doing sociology and physics! i'll update this after!!

ReputationRep:
    right so i couldnt update on thursday AGAIN as I had no internet for some reason, i studied physics thoroughly these past two days and maths, today I'm going to dedicate my time doing sociology mind maps and notes and finish off my essay which is due on thursday!

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 17/09/2016

Finally i managed to take notes on everything i did in sociology and i feel much more confident in it, sadly i still need to do my essay for it but i think i'll leave it for tomorrow morning.

i think before i sleep im going to do some exam style questions for chapter 1 and 2 and see where my weaknesses are and carry on with chapter 3!

I'll deal with physics tomorrow tho

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 19/09/2016
    for some reason logging what ive been doing is so hard! i get so tired easily so i cant be bothered LOL.

Today was a pretty hectic day, I've finish my sociology essay which i think benefited me a lot, during the writing process i finally got around to learning each theory, points made by authors and criticisms which were made!

I did a bit of physics just now, I completed drift velocity so hopefully I'll fully understand it next lesson as we'll be doing questions on it.

Tomorrow i'll be focusing more on maths as I've been neglecting it for a few days. I'm trying to make sure I have no distractions but procrastinating is so hard to defeattttttttt. Oh well hopefully as this thread goes on I'll manage my time efficiently and not procrastinate as much

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 20/09/2016

I haven't felt well these past few days so I'm trying not to go hard on myself but after school I went to the library and printed out maths questions by topic from mathsandphysicstutor and realised which areas im making mistakes in. I spent my time correcting them so now I know not to make the same mistakes again I think its mostly because I quickly rush through questions, and its something I've been trying to tackle since GCSE's

I think for now I'm going to focus a lot more on physics, for some reason drift velocity is killing me, so i gotta practice in order to fully feel comfortable when moving onto a different topic, i'm going to solve a few hard questions on it as well so I'll know what the examiners expect of us to solve

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 20/09/2016

I haven't felt well these past few days so I'm trying not to go hard on myself but after school I went to the library and printed out maths questions by topic from mathsandphysicstutor and realised which areas im making mistakes in. I spent my time correcting them so now I know not to make the same mistakes again I think its mostly because I quickly rush through questions, and its something I've been trying to tackle since GCSE's

I think for now I'm going to focus a lot more on physics, for some reason drift velocity is killing me, so i gotta practice in order to fully feel comfortable when moving onto a different topic, i'm going to solve a few hard questions on it as well so I'll know what the examiners expect of us to solve
    UPDATE 23/09/2016
    someone remind me to update this LOL

despite the lack of updates I have been studying, i've been doing loads of revision of past lessons and i've also been keeping track of homework which honestly helps a lot with self revision.

I have a ton of tests coming up next week and in october, i have a maths quiz which i want to score near full marks on so i gotta buckle down and solve more practice questions, i just did my maths homework so i feeling somewhat confident.

On thursday i have a sociology exam so I want to print out notes and make flashcards for the topics which will come up which are marxism, marxism in family, functionalism, functionalism in family, feminism and gender roles in family. hopefully i'll get it all done!

ALSO! its almost been a month since school started! i can definitely feel the pressure already just want summer to hurry up already haha

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 23/09/2016
    someone remind me to update this LOL

despite the lack of updates I have been studying, i've been doing loads of revision of past lessons and i've also been keeping track of homework which honestly helps a lot with self revision.

I have a ton of tests coming up next week and in october, i have a maths quiz which i want to score near full marks on so i gotta buckle down and solve more practice questions, i just did my maths homework so i feeling somewhat confident.

On thursday i have a sociology exam so I want to print out notes and make flashcards for the topics which will come up which are marxism, marxism in family, functionalism, functionalism in family, feminism and gender roles in family. hopefully i'll get it all done!

ALSO! its almost been a month since school started! i can definitely feel the pressure already just want summer to hurry up already haha
    UPDATE 25/09/2016

okay so the past two days has just been maths maths maths, and a bit of sociology

i've solved looooads of quadratics questions from mathsandphysicstutor and looked over the places i got stuck on so i'd like to say im fairly confident in chapter 2 now?

i also rewritten my sociology notes for gender roles in the home, im going to buy flashcards and nice colourful pens so i can write down the important writers and vocab as well and remember them

i havent looked at physics just yet so i'll focus on that more on monday after school!!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.