Economics help

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    introduction define keywords
    paragraph 1 - first point -most important point in ur opinion. Eg the amount of long term employment it made then evaluate
    paragraph 2 - second point - get a point from the extract - then evaluate
    paragraph 3 - third point - Talk about the poverty levels and how much it has helped reduce the inequality in wealth then evaluate
    conclusion - DONT SAY IN CONCLUSION START BY ANSWERING THE QUESTION

FFS FORGOT TO SAY INCLUDE DIAGRAMS.... ALWAYS INCLUDE DIAGRAMS

You have to evaluate if you dont you are restricted to like 12 marks i think.
    Also if you dont use the extract then you will get restricted.
    Most of the points you get is from the extract you are given
    only do 3 points as in a 25 marker you should spend 40 minutes
    (Original post by Angelrose11)
    Can someone help with this question please.... I don't know how to structure it or what to write about

Assess the impact on the Brazilian economy of the 2016 olympics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    paragraph 1 - first point -most important point in ur opinion. Eg the amount of long term employment it made then evaluate
    paragraph 3 - third point - Talk about the poverty levels and how much it has helped reduce the inequality in wealth then evaluate

Thank u 😀

ReputationRep:
    i got an A at AS.

19 marks above an A

126/140

107 for an A

96 for an B

I know my stuff, ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    i got an A at AS.

19 marks above an A

126/140

107 for an A

96 for an B

I know my stuff, ask me.
    Hey I have just started studying as economics (I do OCR) and already love the subject! I would love to have advice on how to answer essay questions and what the examiners are looking for (I want to be as concise as possible.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to work efficiently and any mistakes to avoid! Good luck for A2!x And congrats on your A at AS- I would be over the moon!

If you do OCR too, I would love to know about any exam board specific resources. Thanks!x

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys if anyone is looking for any help specifically with the OCR AS spec drop me a PM
    Got an A at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Hey I have just started studying as economics (I do OCR) and already love the subject! I would love to have advice on how to answer essay questions and what the examiners are looking for (I want to be as concise as possible.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to work efficiently and any mistakes to avoid! Good luck for A2!x
    Ok answering an essay question really easy teachers just complicate it for no reason.
    first paragraph should be defining all key words in your essay question

second paragraph should consist of the strongest point you have. When examiners read the essay they will get bored and only remember first and last thing. So leave a good impression.

third paragraph is your second point, get this point from the extract and elaborate on this.

fourth is another point also get this from the extract. It is better to get points from the extract rather than your head as the extract points can be backed up.

conclusion is not really a conclusion. Its more of a summary of how you should answer the question and deciding what the question is asking about, Make the answer a yes or no question and dont stand on the fence. Standing on the fence makes it seem youre asking a question

Also, i mean also EVALUATE EVERY POINT AND ANSWER THE QUESTION IN EVERY PARAGRAPH
    Also, i mean also EVALUATE EVERY POINT AND ANSWER THE QUESTION IN EVERY PARAGRAPH

repeating it so you'll understand how important this is

ReputationRep:
    yes
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Is the highest grade you can get at AS level an A?

ReputationRep:
    Ok answering an essay question really easy teachers just complicate it for no reason.
    first paragraph should be defining all key words in your essay question

second paragraph should consist of the strongest point you have. When examiners read the essay they will get bored and only remember first and last thing. So leave a good impression.

third paragraph is your second point, get this point from the extract and elaborate on this.

fourth is another point also get this from the extract. It is better to get points from the extract rather than your head as the extract points can be backed up.

conclusion is not really a conclusion. Its more of a summary of how you should answer the question and deciding what the question is asking about, Make the answer a yes or no question and dont stand on the fence. Standing on the fence makes it seem youre asking a question

repeating it so you'll understand how important this is
    OK- thanks for your help, you are very kind!x

ReputationRep:
    what did you get in both individual papers may i ask

i got an A at AS.

19 marks above an A

126/140

107 for an A

96 for an B

I know my stuff, ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointingly low. If it was a test that counted (it was a linear exam) I would've gotten them both remarked.
    48/60 on Macro
    46/60 on Micro
    To get an A it was 41/60 on Macro and 45/60 on micro, so it's a comfortable A, and I got the highest in my school. But I was expecting more like 55/60 on Micro and 52/60 on macro. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    congrats. i got 47 on micro and like 55 on macro even though i thought i smashed micro
    (Original post by lw8)
    Disappointingly low. If it was a test that counted (it was a linear exam) I would've gotten them both remarked.
    48/60 on Macro
    46/60 on Micro
    To get an A it was 41/60 on Macro and 45/60 on micro, so it's a comfortable A, and I got the highest in my school. But I was expecting more like 55/60 on Micro and 52/60 on macro. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    congrats. i got 47 on micro and like 55 on macro even though i thought i smashed micro
    Wow you smashed it! I thought that too about micro, I guess the marking was really harsh? Determined to get an A* at A2 now though!

ReputationRep:

Sorry to bother again, I don't know how to start the essay. Can you give me examples please

ReputationRep:
    i honestly cant be bothered to do that look online
    Sorry to bother again, I don't know how to start the essay. Can you give me examples please

ReputationRep:
    i honestly cant be bothered to do that look online
    I did, that's why I asked for help

ReputationRep:
    64 unit 1
    62 unit 2

ReputationRep:
    I did, that's why I asked for help
    define the key terms. Quote the Uk's current economic position for macroset out the answer to the question

ReputationRep:
    Any experts here in AQA economics haha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    Any experts here in AQA economics haha?
    yep got 19 marks above an A

ReputationRep:
    yep got 19 marks above an A
    ah brilliant, I desperately want an A in economics. Anything I should be doing at the start of the year now?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.