Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a good idea to start binge watching a tv series during school year? watch

• View Poll Results: should i binge watch?
    yes, feast your eyes!
    33.33%
    no, your grades will suffer
    66.67%

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hateme)
    Season 2 was th best followed by season 1
    The rest was just terrible
    Hated the new season, i am not a fan of Gaga, i really miss Lange although i semi liked freakhow
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    No. Definitely not. NEVER start binge-watching a TV series, ESPECIALLY NOT Doctor Who, during the school year, ESPECIALLY NOT DURING THE EXAM SEASON.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No idea how I got those A*s
    i stopped watching DW i got behind ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Hated the new season, i am not a fan of Gaga, i really miss Lange although i semi liked freakhow
    The freak show was just average, I didn't bother finishhing it
    Season 1 was just a classic, it told a really good story and sort of delved into sci fi and pschogical themes
    Seaosn 2 was just perfect it was gothic, disturbing and incredibly compelling

ReputationRep:
    Lol I watched TV everyday when I was in sixth form, it helped me kickback and relax
    What else can u do in your down time, you cant study all the time
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hateme)
    The freak show was just average, I didn't bother finishhing it
    Season 1 was just a classic, it told a really good story and sort of delved into sci fi and pschogical themes
    Seaosn 2 was just perfect it was gothic, disturbing and incredibly compelling
    It was indeed, i wish Lange would come back..

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by binge-watching. You can easily afford to watch one or two 40-minute episodes every night. But definitely not loads in one go - that's just a downward spiral. Get your priorities right - do your revision first and pace yourself. All the episodes will still be there waiting for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I've finished 3 seasons of american horror story in two weeks during summer...i've hestitated season 4 because of school and lawwd do i miss it...im going cold turkey right now tbh
    Honest answer: It depends. If you're like me and memorise most stuff at school, then go ahead. That's what I do.

However, if you need a lot of time to study outside of school, then you'd better off an episode or two a day, max.

ReputationRep:
    If you have extreme will power to only watch when the time is right, it's certainly not a bad idea.

If you're like me and loose your mind when you get into a TV show, no
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ok i just finished the first season 4 episode and i think i can manage one ep a day :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    My friend started to marathon Supernatural in about February of Year 12. She got through about 6 seasons in 3 months, but this went into exam season and she ended up spending more time watching episodes than she spent time revising. She had to re-sit the year.

By all means, start watching a new series - it will give you something to talk about with your friends. But learn to watch in moderation and spread it out over a longer time - reward yourself with an episode after completing an essay, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good idea?

No.

Did I do it anyway?

Why yes, yes I did.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.