Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm an Israeli soldier. AMA Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    Now I've always supported the Arabs so I think the Palestinian women need to do the same

#Strip4Gaza
    #TitsOut4Hamas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Can you teach me Krav Maga?
    Bless

(Original post by L'absurde)
    All those 18 year olds in one place...what's the atmosphere like? Any tension? :sexface:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But seriously. How do you feel about the prospect of having to kill someone?
    There's a very family-like bond between everyone in my unit, we (mostly) care about each other very much. We always have plenty of bonding time going out on training exercises and just doing general army stuff - great times!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do not look forward to the prospect of killing someone, but am fully prepared to use violence if necessary. No conscripts are forced into direct combat roles though, and I, like everyone else, are in combat units because we want to.
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Are you from Tel Aviv?
    It would certainly be an odd coincidence if I was

(Original post by remiremi)
    Where do you plan to go on holiday after your service?

Also how can I get an Israeli gf, the hottest chick I ever met was in a hostel in Japan, she was a really cute IDF chick that could probably kill me in hand to hand combat though.
    I am in the army for 3 years... So haven't really thought about holidays yet. During my leave though, I think I would like to go to Russia (family there) or United States!
    Israeli gf is difficult because many won't want to marry a non-Jew, but I think visiting or working in Israel for an extended period of time would likely give you a very high chance of scroing

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiii soldier!!! What's your name

Do you even lift bro ?

I bet I can bench press you x

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Palestine should have a right to independence if its what the people want?

Witnessed anything unethical? You hear about shutting off water supplies to (West Bank I think?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    #FreePalestine

the only people that like israel are crazy american christians, and that's for all the wrong reasons

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about Israeli women being conscripted?

Does a lot of abuse take place in the Israeli army, i.e. sexual abuse? Ive read it does a lot in the Russian Army.

Do you eat lamb?

Do your duties include border protection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Bless
    Krav Maga looks awesome

ReputationRep:
    krav maga is such an israeli thing - using dirty tactics to great effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a very family-like bond between everyone in my unit, we (mostly) care about each other very much. We always have plenty of bonding time going out on training exercises and just doing general army stuff - great times!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do not look forward to the prospect of killing someone, but am fully prepared to use violence if necessary. No conscripts are forced into direct combat roles though, and I, like everyone else, are in combat units because we want to.

No sexual tension then? :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    What would you do if your mission is to kill a particular person or group of people, but later you find out they were innocent?

(Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    Not a question, but I wanna be you!!! (As in an Israeli soldier)

Which unit are you in?
    Thank you for your support! Should make aliyah one day!
    For security reasons, I can't say exactly which unit I'm in - although I can say that it is mixed gender and combat

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Bless
    babe it's been too long :love::love::love:

(Original post by PrincessZara)
    Hiiiii soldier!!! What's your name
    Do you even lift bro ?
    I bet I can bench press you x
    My name is H***** (keeping secret)
    I do an extensive workout every morning that includes weights
    So no, you probably can't bench press me

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Do you think Palestine should have a right to independence if its what the people want?

Witnessed anything unethical? You hear about shutting off water supplies to (West Bank I think?)
    It's annoying because my main has all of my views on Israel/Palestine already posted, but;
    I support the Palestinian's right to their own state, but only one that would not be committed to killing Jews and destroying Israel (as Hamas currently is). I think it's unfortunate that there is so much conflict between our groups and I understand the Palestinians have legitimate grievances against us - but their successive governments have only hindered their route to peace. The PA have actually been offered their own state by the Israeli government in previous years that would include all of Gaza and about 98% of the West Bank, but this was refused because it wouldn't allow for displaced Palestinians to claim compensation back against Israel. Very sad!

In regards to unethical behaviour, I can't really give a wholesome answer since my unit doesn't operate in the West Bank. I personally have only ever seen polite behaviour from the IDF towards Arab citizens though. We're even doing special work to accommodate the Day of Arafah later!
    (The water supply thing was a system disruption that affected both Jews and Palestinians. Definitely not intentional despite what some media says.

(Original post by BBC Two)
    What do you think about Israeli women being conscripted?

Does a lot of abuse take place in the Israeli army, i.e. sexual abuse? Ive read it does a lot in the Russian Army.

Do you eat lamb?

Do your duties include border protection?
    I support gender equality, so I think it would be unfair to only conscript men. Besides, jihadists are terrified of getting killed by a woman because they won't get their 72 virgins :laugh:

There are very stringent checks to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. I'm in one of the few mixed units in the army and have never felt sexually harassed. Barracks and personal facilities are kept separate anyway

Yes, I eat non-kosher food

No, I have quite a unique role (although it does include working with Border Police occasionally)

Sorry that I take so long to reply - I only have my phone to write on!

(Original post by malebo55)
    #FreePalestine

the only people that like israel are crazy american christians, and that's for all the wrong reasons
    and young teenage white boys because army babes

that's definitely a right reason

ReputationRep:
    and young teenage white boys because army babes

that's definitely a right reason
    what happens if you refuse to do conscription?

(Original post by malebo55)
    what happens if you refuse to do conscription?
    It depends on a lot of factors - mostly relating to their reason for refusal.

Sometimes people are jailed if it's part of a political action, but it's very uncommon and most people will have an acceptable reason for exemption.

It is mostly mental and physical weakness that will get someone out of army duty!

ReputationRep:
    Do Israel have any future plans to build on the temple mount? (Bit of a conspiracy question but why not? )

ReputationRep:
    It depends on a lot of factors - mostly relating to their reason for refusal.

Sometimes people are jailed if it's part of a political action, but it's very uncommon and most people will have an acceptable reason for exemption.

It is mostly mental and physical weakness that will get someone out of army duty!
    What if you just don't want to, and don't really have a reason?

Do you think Israel will still need conscription in the future as its relations with its neighbours continue to improve (Turkey/Saudi/etc)?

ReputationRep:
    Posted in relationships because so not a direct link to my main account (even though many can probably guess who this is)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hot

Are you a guy or girl? Are you in the army as a professional soldier or are you doing your national service?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Do Israel have any future plans to build on the temple mount? (Bit of a conspiracy question but why not? )
    Of course they don't. That's a bigoted conspiracy theory pushed by Islamic fanatics who know that such claims are likely to stir up hatred against Israel by people who are already inclined to believe the worst no matter what.

After the '67 war Israel could have simply bulldozed the mosque and taken it back. It didn't; in fact, it put the Temple Mount under the control of the Islamic waqf, and ever since Israeli police have kept Jews and others out much of the year, at the behest of the Islamic clerics who control the area.

If Israel wanted to build on the Temple Mount, it would hardly have done all that, would it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cumshot Caliph)
    Do you release those sexy pics intentionally to get thirsty American frat boys on side?
    What sexy pic? What have I missed?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your support! Should make aliyah one day!
    For security reasons, I can't say exactly which unit I'm in - although I can say that it is mixed gender and combat

My name is H***** (keeping secret)
    I do an extensive workout every morning that includes weights
    So no, you probably can't bench press me

It's annoying because my main has all of my views on Israel/Palestine already posted, but;
    I support the Palestinian's right to their own state, but only one that would not be committed to killing Jews and destroying Israel (as Hamas currently is). I think it's unfortunate that there is so much conflict between our groups and I understand the Palestinians have legitimate grievances against us - but their successive governments have only hindered their route to peace. The PA have actually been offered their own state by the Israeli government in previous years that would include all of Gaza and about 98% of the West Bank, but this was refused because it wouldn't allow for displaced Palestinians to claim compensation back against Israel. Very sad!

In regards to unethical behaviour, I can't really give a wholesome answer since my unit doesn't operate in the West Bank. I personally have only ever seen polite behaviour from the IDF towards Arab citizens though. We're even doing special work to accommodate the Day of Arafah later!
    (The water supply thing was a system disruption that affected both Jews and Palestinians. Definitely not intentional despite what some media says.

I support gender equality, so I think it would be unfair to only conscript men. Besides, jihadists are terrified of getting killed by a woman because they won't get their 72 virgins :laugh:

There are very stringent checks to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. I'm in one of the few mixed units in the army and have never felt sexually harassed. Barracks and personal facilities are kept separate anyway

Yes, I eat non-kosher food

No, I have quite a unique role (although it does include working with Border Police occasionally)

Sorry that I take so long to reply - I only have my phone to write on!

Not sure how to respond erm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.