Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The New Conservatives - party proposal Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No, just no.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm certainly not going to deny that this plan has been thoughtfully produced, but... this basically sounds like TSR Conservatism on steroids. Or just typical TSR Conservatism. There are already two pretty hard right parties in the House, and I honestly believe they'd share similar views to yours.

Your views, in my opinion, are simply going to widen the class divide. But I wish you luck anyway.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily Porter)
    Well, I'm certainly not going to deny that this plan has been thoughtfully produced, but... this basically sounds like TSR Conservatism on steroids. Or just typical TSR Conservatism. There are already two pretty hard right parties in the House, and I honestly believe they'd share similar views to yours.

Your views, in my opinion, are simply going to widen the class divide. But I wish you luck anyway.
    Can you tell me which the second "pretty hard right" party is? Given throwing 'pretty' in there somewhat reduces the hard bit I will give you UKIP when they're having a 'good' day, but I'm lost as to who the second is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Can you tell me which the second "pretty hard right" party is? Given throwing 'pretty' in there somewhat reduces the hard bit I will give you UKIP when they're having a 'good' day, but I'm lost as to who the second is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both TSR Conservatives and TSR UKIP are firmly right wing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily Porter)
    Both TSR Conservatives and TSR UKIP are firmly right wing.
    Yeah...maybe if you put Marx in the centre ground

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...maybe if you put Marx in the centre ground
    The centre ground is probably somewhere slightly to the left of Blair and slightly to the right of Miliband. The UK's electorate is extremely right-wing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    The centre ground is probably somewhere slightly to the left of Blair and slightly to the right of Miliband. The UK's electorate is extremely right-wing.
    If anything i'd say it's right of Blair but not by much. If you took Blair (having never been previously elected) and gave him some anti-welfare and immigrant policies then i think he'd storm it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If anything i'd say it's right of Blair but not by much. If you took Blair (having never been previously elected) and gave him some anti-welfare and immigrant policies then i think he'd storm it.
    tbh I think Blair would storm it on his 2005 platform. May only looks like a good candidate because Labour are such a shitshow, she's not at all convincing so far IMO (whereas David Cameron - independently of politics - was a genuinely good PM).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Given how much pollsters have looked into it the last couple of weeks, I would put Blair as the left limit and Cameron as the right limit, bit closer to Blair than Cameron.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Given how much pollsters have looked into it the last couple of weeks, I would put Blair as the left limit and Cameron as the right limit, bit closer to Blair than Cameron.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then TSR Tories and UKIP are 'firmly right-wing' - no?

ReputationRep:
    If the OP and others are interested, I see a potential for us to merge and finally get the Libertarian project off the ground (I hope).

ReputationRep:
    dandaman If you're interested, PM me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    If the OP and others are interested, I see a potential for us to merge and finally get the Libertarian project off the ground (I hope).
    Lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lost for words?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You can't merge two parties that don't (and won't) exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    You can't merge two parties that don't (and won't) exist.
    So if me and the OP agreed on one agenda, we couldn't combine?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So if me and the OP agreed on one agenda, we couldn't combine?
    Nothing stopping you submitting a single bid to create a new party, provided you were still distinguishable enough from the existing six parties.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Lost for words?
    You've stooped to a new level of madness

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Libertarians are dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crijjkal)
    Libertarians are dumb
    Wow I see the light now, I've been wrong all along!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.