Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Call of Duty Infinity or Battlefield 1? Which to buy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    In a real dilemma here, can't decide, which one to go with.

My current position is I can't buy both as I won't have enough time to play them one after the other due to work commitments, need to buy just one.

Whilst, I love the idea of buying the remastered edition of COD, which would bring back the nostalgic memories of playing COD4, at the same time I want to try something new, which BF offers with a WW2 feel.

What do you say?
    Do you even game bro?
    BF1 is NOT a ww2 shooter. It's ww1. How has no one noticed this yet?
    What do I say? I think you're trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Do you even game bro?
    BF1 is NOT a ww2 shooter. It's ww1. How has no one noticed this yet?
    What do I say? I think you're trolling.

That was a typo,

people notice but they hold back, because they know! unlike some people.

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield has been better recently as I don't like the really futuristic cods however I'm getting cod this year as I need to feel that #2007nostalgia playing modern warfare again. I'll probs end up buying battlefield at some point too but before that I need to study and get an external hard drive as I am deleting a load of crap on my Xbox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Battlefield has been better recently as I don't like the really futuristic cods however I'm getting cod this year as I need to feel that #2007nostalgia playing modern warfare again. I'll probs end up buying battlefield at some point too but before that I need to study and get an external hard drive as I am deleting a load of crap on my Xbox.
    So you're going to pay £60 to be able to play a game I wager you already have? If you don't already have it it costs a whopping £10!!!

Or a whopping £10 when it's got a crappy offer on!!!

ReputationRep:
    That was a typo,

people notice but they hold back, because they know! unlike some people.
    Well. You also made a mistake in the title, "Call of Duty - Infinity"
    Had you not made that mistake I would've understood that you know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So you're going to pay £60 to be able to play a game I wager you already have? If you don't already have it it costs a whopping £10!!!

Or a whopping £10 when it's got a crappy offer on!!!
    He's on xbox one. Not PC.

ReputationRep:
    He's on xbox one. Not PC.
    I don't think I know anybody with no computer at all, and even integrated graphics these days should be able to smoothly run it

And even if we ignore that, wait 6 months and it will be out stand alone for maybe £20, wait a bit longer and it will be a tenner too.

ReputationRep:
    In a real dilemma here, can't decide, which one to go with.

My current position is I can't buy both as I won't have enough time to play them one after the other due to work commitments, need to buy just one.

Whilst, I love the idea of buying the remastered edition of COD, which would bring back the nostalgic memories of playing COD4, at the same time I want to try something new, which BF offers with a WW2 feel.

What do you say?
    None, they both suck azz.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I know anybody with no computer at all, and even integrated graphics these days should be able to smoothly run it

And even if we ignore that, wait 6 months and it will be out stand alone for maybe £20, wait a bit longer and it will be a tenner too.
    Looks like I'm your first. I know phones and xbox's are technically PC's, but yeah, I do not own a PC or Laptop .

ReputationRep:
    I'd just get BF1 personally. If you're not too fussed about getting IW, then what's the point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light Venom)
    None, they both suck azz.
    Thanks, i'll take that in consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Well. You also made a mistake in the title, "Call of Duty - Infinity"
    Had you not made that mistake I would've understood that you know what you're talking about.

Lol, who honestly gives a s***, apart from you.

But, thanks i'll remember it for next time!

ReputationRep:
    This really is a no brainer, get both, buy BF1 and Cod 4, which you could easily do for the price of IW special editions with change, and you could also effectively play IW on the cheap by buying any recent CoD for a fraction of the price.
    Lmao, best advice, thread should have ended here :lol:

But if you honestly just want one game, BF1 looks better to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Lmao, best advice, thread should have ended here :lol:

But if you honestly just want one game, BF1 looks better to me
    I think, I've made it quite clear that I'm only concerned with the remastered and BF1, NOT IW.

And why should this thread end, when its perfectly a popular topic for gaming enthusiasts.

ReputationRep:
    I think, I've made it quite clear that I'm only concerned with the remastered and BF1, NOT IW.

And why should this thread end, when its perfectly a popular topic for gaming enthusiasts.
    Well, if you aren't interested in IW this is literally a pointless thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i'll take that in consideration.
    Did you get a chance to try bf1 beta?

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you aren't interested in IW this is literally a pointless thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The debate isn't whether i'm interested in IW or not.

I need to know whether I should go for the remastered or BF1. Simply, becuase the remastered is expensive due to the addition of IW, whilst, BF1 is quite new with regards to EA developers ( which might be a risk), I honestly, don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Did you get a chance to try bf1 beta?
    nope, thats why, i'm here. I need advice.

ReputationRep:
    The debate isn't whether i'm interested in IW or not.

I need to know whether I should go for the remastered or BF1. Simply, becuase the remastered is expensive due to the addition of IW, whilst, BF1 is quite new with regards to EA developers ( which might be a risk), I honestly, don't know.
    Let's try this again: if you want the remastered when it is first available you HAVE to shell out SEVENTY quid to get a game you have said yourself you don't want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nope, thats why, i'm here. I need advice.
    I'd say bf1 is the better choice.
    The beta took away most of my doubts (only doubts remaining are to do with ea business practices and possibility of ridiculous customisations)
    The thing that caught most of my attention was the destruction

And the weather

The crazy thing is the trailer is not scripted it is your average match

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.