Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Fact!

You can check it out from that website on http://www.oa.waveflex.co.uk - if you can't take my word for it Look at applicant profiles.
    Or better still - (that link doesn't work) try http://oa.waveflex.com/info/

ReputationRep:
    So, generally if the entry grades are lower than the offer you can get in with lower grades. Shame, i think the times league table says the entry stats for my course are AAB when the offer is ABB. No hope for me then!

(Original post by yawn1)
    Or better still - (that link doesn't work) try http://oa.waveflex.com/info/
    Not really seeing how that web-site proves it?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Not really seeing how that web-site proves it?!? :confused:
    Browsing through those for law (which has a specified offer of AAA) it seems more people from grammars recieved an AAB offer than those from independants.

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Browsing through those for law (which has a specified offer of AAA) it seems more people from grammars recieved an AAB offer than those from independants.
    Is the site a complete list of entrants for a particular year?

Can anyone submit a profile?

Is there any verification of the statistics?

:confused:

I don't doubt the proposal but that site doesn't prove it at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Is the site a complete list of entrants for a particular year?

Can anyone submit a profile?

Is there any verification of the statistics?

:confused:

I don't doubt the proposal but that site doesn't prove it at all.
    No, Yes, No

It's not all that reliable really.

ReputationRep:
    PQ, if you get the chance could you possibly tell me Bristol's stats for Q300? I've been offered AAB but given the impression many achieve AAA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Total points from A levels: 405.5 (from an average 3.5 A levels)
    Average points per A level: 115.9 - so a dit below halfway between AAA and AAB - *nearly* as many people get AAA as get AAB
    Sorry to be a real pain PQ, but what about liverpool and D100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I know you can't get into Oxford and Cambridge with AAB, but i'm sure their are many more universities with greater prestige whose offers are AAB.
    Wrong here. My friend - she's going into Cambridge for Law this September - her conditional offer is AAB and then my sister's friend, he got unconditional from Cambridge. It all depends how much Cambridge wants you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Wrong here. My friend - she's going into Cambridge for Law this September - her conditional offer is AAB and then my sister's friend, he got unconditional from Cambridge. It all depends how much Cambridge wants you.
    Lookling at that site, AAB seems a fairly common offer for law, particularly state school applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Lookling at that site, AAB seems a fairly common offer for law, particularly state school applicants.
    I haven't checked out Law but would assume your observation is correct as most of the other subjects offer AAB to non-selective state school applicants.

Leekey asks how reliable it is - it's as reliable as any other website where people post including this one! Probably even more so as people offer their experiences etc. to others who might wish to apply after them. You only post on it after you get your offer/rejection anyway so it doesn't affect your own application.

Fishpaste's profile is on there for Maths for Clare and his offer is AAB which is what he has already told us.

There is this myth that one can't get an offer from Oxbridge unless one is doing 4/5 A levels. All that is needed is 3 and they don't all have to be A's so those of you on here about to submit your UCAS applications - think seriously on whether you want to give Oxbridge a go. If your school thinks you are in with a good chance go for it.

(Original post by yawn1)

Leekey asks how reliable it is - it's as reliable as any other website where people post including this one! Probably even more so as people offer their experiences etc. to others who might wish to apply after them. You only post on it after you get your offer/rejection anyway so it doesn't affect your own application.
    I don't question it's reliability, I question whether it can be used to definitively prove your opinion about offers to people from non-selective state schools!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    I haven't checked out Law but would assume your observation is correct as most of the other subjects offer AAB to non-selective state school applicants.
    I said state, not just non-selective state

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    They seem to have returned their vet med entrants as D2 (clinical vet med instead of pre-clinical - quite a few of the big normal med schools have done the same thing with A1 and A2)
    Points from A levels: 403.1 from 3.6 A levels
    Points per A level: 111.8 so slightly above halfway between an A and a B - about 65/35 AAB and ABB
    Thanks PQ, thats really interesting to know!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.