Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tomorrow i want to buy a new pc and a new phone, AMA!? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    Did you know that credit card debt will affect the amount approved on a mortgage application?
    Now you tell me!
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    This is a stupid idea imo. What's the point of annoying your dad? You're not a little kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    This is a stupid idea imo. What's the point of annoying your dad? You're not a little kid.
    I think that is part of the problem with having credit cards. It is just too easy to spend on them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I think that is part of the problem with having credit cards. It is just too easy to spend on them!!
    I really do think you should try to control your spending more. Just stay away from credit cards and have a budget for everything

ReputationRep:
    😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

ReputationRep:
    Or just don't have credit cards....

ReputationRep:
    It's a 6th gen pentium i7 processor
    That doesn't make sense man, the intel i7 is not the same as the Pentium, they are both available in the 6th Generation (Skylake) but still 2 totally different CPUs I hope your getting the i7 which would be the 6700k? That's a banging CPU but the Pentium G4500 is peanuts and available for like 50 quid online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    That doesn't make sense man, the intel i7 is not the same as the Pentium, they are both available in the 6th Generation (Skylake) but still 2 totally different CPUs I hope your getting the i7 which would be the 6700k? That's a banging CPU but the Pentium G4500 is peanuts and available for like 50 quid online
    I bought a celeron g3900 and overclocked it to 4.2ghz, It was quite good tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharAssad)
    I bought a celeron g3900 and overclocked it to 4.2ghz, It was quite good tbh

4.2?????

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    It's a 6th gen pentium i7 processor with 8 gig ram and a spare sodimm slot for me to put another 8 gig in. I will do this at some point in the near future, also 1tb hdd and 3 gig dedicated graphics memory i think.

I still need to install avg and some tweaking programs and microsoft office, and copy some of my music across. Office alone could take four/six hours, but i let my daughter play around with it today. It will be good to have two powerful laptops in the house, this i7 which should be the dog's ***** and my i3, which has yet to slow down. Probably because it has 16 gig ram, and hasn't been abused by overclocking for gaming!

Good luck ninjas!
    >AVG

Are you like 5? Who the **** still uses anti-viruses? Also why would Office take 4-6 hours. I downloaded office (via a totally definitely legal means - *wink wink*) and it didn't take that long at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    reading off the label: intel core i7 -5557U 3.1ghz with turbo boost up to 3.4ghz
    intel iris graphicx 6100 up to 4181 dynamic video mem
    8 gig ddr3 l memory
    1tb hdd

any good?

ReputationRep:
    4.2?????
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes using the bclk method 150*28 multi = 4.2ghhz, celeron on steroids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    >AVG

Are you like 5? Who the **** still uses anti-viruses? Also why would Office take 4-6 hours. I downloaded office (via a totally definitely legal means - *wink wink*) and it didn't take that long at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AVG is quite a good antivirus package. I also rate malware bytes. Plus i always get my software the legit way.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    What are you buying next?

ReputationRep:
    reading off the label: intel core i7 -5557U 3.1ghz with turbo boost up to 3.4ghz
    intel iris graphicx 6100 up to 4181 dynamic video mem
    8 gig ddr3 l memory
    1tb hdd

any good?
    Oh so your getting a laptop? Yea those specs are good. Could do with a ram upgrade down the road but you should be fine for streaming videos and playing games at normal settings...

At the minute I think your only issue would be with multi-tasking (because of the ram) but other than that your golden

ReputationRep:
    Oh so your getting a laptop? Yea those specs are good. Could do with a ram upgrade down the road but you should be fine for streaming videos and playing games at normal settings...

At the minute I think your only issue would be with multi-tasking (because of the ram) but other than that your golden
    Yes thanks, as i think i said already i already have a spare 8 gig stick ready to go, i just need to buy another philips screw driver to take them little screws out.

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    how have you got the money. thats a big investment in one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_1)
    how have you got the money. thats a big investment in one day
    I spent on my credit cards.

ReputationRep:
    I spent on my credit cards.
    clever..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Who the **** still uses anti-viruses?
    Anyone who uses Windows?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.