Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firefly13)
    It's not the end of the world if you don't make friends with your flatmates. I spoke to a few people in my halls, but I don't keep in contact with any of them now. I found it much easier to make friends on my course because we had more interests in common. Don't force yourself to make friends with them! Maybe join some societies you like the sound of and wait until you start your course and hopefully you will find some people you get along with better there
    yes, I've got my course induction tomorrow so hopefully I'll find some friends there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    feeling a bit better but struggled to make friends with people from my course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, dont worry about making friends .
    Have you tried to sit with people who are one there own in lectures. i know its quite daunting to talk to people but honestly someone has to take the plunge and be the one to speak first. I think people think people are going to come to them but you cant stay in your room expecting people to invite you out. People like it when other people make plans
    Since its still early on it will still be easy to get to know people. Join clubs and societies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    feeling a bit better but struggled to make friends with people from my course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sometimes it takes time to make friends, imagine how hard it is being 1 of 7 girls on my course. It will take time, try to talk to some people who you think look nice and start of a conversation with them! Maybe it'll lead somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    Hey there, dont worry about making friends .
    Have you tried to sit with people who are one there own in lectures. i know its quite daunting to talk to people but honestly someone has to take the plunge and be the one to speak first. I think people think people are going to come to them but you cant stay in your room expecting people to invite you out. People like it when other people make plans
    Since its still early on it will still be easy to get to know people. Join clubs and societies
    thanks that really makes me feel better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Sometimes it takes time to make friends, imagine how hard it is being 1 of 7 girls on my course. It will take time, try to talk to some people who you think look nice and start of a conversation with them! Maybe it'll lead somewhere
    will try thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.