Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimkarsd)
    I'm not annoyed, i'm actually pretty amused. but cool, i just asked a question, you get annoyed by it.
    Normally when people start to swear and pick apart posts it's because they're annoyed. I just gave a simple answer to your original question, not sure why you're amused or why you seemingly didn't like it.

Never quite sure why people make statements on public forums when they aren't actually interested in any sort of discussion about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    Normally when people start to swear and pick apart posts it's because they're annoyed. I just gave a simple answer to your original question, not sure why you're amused or why you seemingly didn't like it.

Never quite sure why people make statements on public forums when they aren't actually interested in any sort of discussion about it.
    I didn't get angry. I just posted a point, and you got irate. sorry, but this is the forum for posting stuff like this, if you don't like it, I don't care lol. just as i dismiss you as a ****, since you're telling i cannot post this. like you own this forum, and dictate what is to be posted..that amuses me since it makes you look like you a condition.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get angry. I just posted a point, and you got irate. sorry, but this is the forum for posting stuff like this, if you don't like it, I don't care lol.
    Whoever said I don't like it, or that you were angry for that matter? I was just giving you an answer to your post. You started trying to pick it apart for who knows what reason.

I don't really care about it either way, I'm just very puzzled by your reasons for starting this thread and your attitude. Forums are for discussions, something you don't seem interested in. If you just want to rant may I recommend starting a blog?

ReputationRep:
    because you use this snide tone, to say i cannot post stuff. but then you ignore naive/retard crap by Lady Comstock or whoever, just your projection and weird bias amuses me, since you think your thoughts are reality. but cool, i have errands to run/things to do.

ReputationRep:
    because you use this snide tone, to say i cannot post stuff. but then you ignore naive/retard crap by Lady Comstock or whoever, just your projection and weird bias amuses me, since you think your thoughts are reality. but cool, i have errands to run/things to do.
    I assume this was directed at me. I never said you can't post stuff, just that this is a discussion forum, and if you post something you should be open to a discussion about it. Tbh that was such bad english I'm not even sure what you mean by the second part, but w/e. Hopefully at some point your view of the world will open up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I assume this was directed at me. I never said you can't post stuff, just that this is a discussion forum, and if you post something you should be open to a discussion about it. Tbh that was such bad english I'm not even sure what you mean by the second part, but w/e. Hopefully at some point your view of the world will open up a bit.
    haha....it's pretty telling you have an issue with me posting what i like. sorry, I do as i please. you have to suck it up, it's what men do.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    We complain,its our thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    We complain,its our thing
    that's nice...and?

ReputationRep:
    haha....it's pretty telling you have an issue with me posting what i like. sorry, I do as i please. you have to suck it up, it's what men do.
    Lol, sure, sure. You're clearly either incapable of reading comprehension or are just trying to troll and it's getting boring, so I'm done, bye. Enjoy your closed off little world.

ReputationRep:
    I agree... this country is a lot better than people give credit for.

ReputationRep:
    Lack of well-established values and manners resulting in a greater tolerance of improper behaviour, miserable weather, growing number of aesthetically unattractive people, increasingly fragmented society, disturbing relationship with alcohol/drugs and a widespread culture of early sexualization are a few reasons why I think the UK gets bashed.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, sure, sure. You're clearly either incapable of reading comprehension or are just trying to troll and it's getting boring, so I'm done, bye. Enjoy your closed off little world.
    i wasn't paying much attention to you either, but cool. i take you're offended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Lack of well-established values and manners resulting in a greater tolerance of improper behaviour, miserable weather, growing number of aesthetically unattractive people, increasingly fragmented society, disturbing relationship with alcohol/drugs and a widespread culture of early sexualization are a few reasons why I think the UK gets bashed.
    I do think you've got some accurate points there, especially regarding manners. However, all the studies I've seen regarding alcohol consumption in the UK actually suggest it's falling steadily. It reached a peak about ten years ago but had decreased since (although it's still higher than it was in 1994).
    To be fair, I sometimes think the press tend to make matters seem worse than they actually are. It's no wonder that quite a few people seem to automatically stereotype any man that tries to help a child as a pedophile these days because certain newspapers seem to sell that point.
    I remember being on holiday in Kenya back in 2010 & many of their headlines were actually similar to the UK - too many teenage pregnancies, young people taking drugs etc.

ReputationRep:
    Those Brexiters...they're big problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    It's an alright country, but I don't think that it should be immune from criticism.
    Who says it shouldn't be?

ReputationRep:
    too many Brexit voting chavs for my taste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callicious)
    I don't really like this Country, but I have my own personal reasons.

The Work and Pensions folks are harsh and discriminate against disabled people, most Internet in the UK is overpriced and antiquated compared to countries like Malaysia or Korea, our schools teach below the levels in some countries (I've noticed that we don't get taught Calculus until quite a late age, year 11 onward; my friends in Germany learnt it in our equivalent to the start of high school), you get the idea on why I don't like it too much here. Can't have everything I suppose.
    The UK is one of the most tech-enabled countries in the world. I doubt Malaysia has UK smartphone ownership rates, or broadband speeds. London is the tech hub of the EU, and even when leave we will still have a strong advantage.

though malaysia is hardly accommodating of minorities, like homosexuality is illegal.

just i made a comment saying why i don't get why people hate on the UK so much, there are a lot worse countries to live in.

ReputationRep:
    In my 4 years of living in the UK and being on this website, I've found British people to be very miserable, classist, jealous, proud (not in the good way), xenophobic, inconsiderate, boastful, and generally on another planet. Obviously this isn't every British person, I love the friends I've made here, but too many people here are along those lines.

Frankly, I don't want to be stuck here in a **** job (horrible market for engineers), with my kids being judged for whether or not they go to a public or private school, me being judged for whether or not I make a decent living, people feeling it's their duty to tell me I don't need the things I enjoy in life because they don't have them, and this over prevalent idea that Muslims are to blame for the decline of British culture (afaik that's just going to pubs and laughing too loud, no thanks)

Again, this isn't a blanket statement applicable to each and every person here, and hell I'd even say a majority of the people here are calm. But I've seen enough of it on a real consistent basis to put me off living/being here, which is saying something since I was always so proud to have a British passport. The world is a big place, I really don't think it'll be hard finding somewhere that suits me better than the UK. For other people the UK might be ultimate goals and be all they ever wanted and more, that's cool too!

ReputationRep:
    The UK is one of the most tech-enabled countries in the world. I doubt Malaysia has UK smartphone ownership rates, or broadband speeds. London is the tech hub of the EU, and even when leave we will still have a strong advantage.

though malaysia is hardly accommodating of minorities, like homosexuality is illegal.

just i made a comment saying why i don't get why people hate on the UK so much, there are a lot worse countries to live in.
    I'd genuinely love for you to produce one single source to back up your claims about how great the UK is from a tech standpoint.

And yes, stating there's worst countries seems obvious to the point of pointlessness, but equally there are a lot better countries for many people. You don't seem to like it when people say this though and I can't grasp why.

ReputationRep:

Must've confused Malaysia with Singapore; sorry. But yah, those folks have the fastest internet averages around. Not sure about phones but I find them pretty worthless overall.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.