The Student Room Group

Innocent Muslim attacked in NYC

Scroll to see replies

this is a news report from the NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/exclusive-traditionally-dressed-muslim-woman-set-fire-article-1.2789052

I did laugh though at the bit that says 'The video shows the suspect whose race is unclear'

Reply 21
Original post by BaconandSauce
then you've not looked as it what I always say (unless it is directly reported it was Islamic terrorism)

If you genuinely have then fair enough.

Original post by KingBradly
See my above comment to queen-bee.

I still stand by what I said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is a news report from the NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/exclusive-traditionally-dressed-muslim-woman-set-fire-article-1.2789052

I did laugh though at the bit that says 'The video shows the suspect whose race is unclear'

That chap should certainly be arrested for wearing those clothes while sober, and for reckless arm-swinging. The police CCTV viewer should be stood down; it isn't a job for the blind.
Original post by HAnwar
If you genuinely have then fair enough.

I still stand by what I said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think some person getting a lighter burn in New York would be picked up by international news stations if the victim weren't a Muslim, then you're kidding yourself.
Original post by KingBradly
Someone burnt someone a tiny bit with a lighter in New York. Who cares?

Funny how you care about this but shrug your shoulders at mass rape and terror attacks (as long as Muslims are behind it).

funny how you make up lies about my views on other problems, I don't shrug my shoulders to those things, I shrug my shoulders at the petty claims that Islam is the sole factor in causing them
Given the lack of facts (other than a small 2p sized burn mark) funny some are rushing to claim this as a hate crime because of Islamophobia.

I could have post your list of excuses back at you but Q has done a good job of this already.

But have you even been to NYC? do you know how busy the streets actually are (more probable she bumped into a person holding a cigarette didn't notice but when she did turned and 'saw someone with a lighter' and decided to blame them in an act of simple discrimination (guilty while holding lighter))

But if you were concerned about muslims being killed you would have started a thread about the recent terrorist attack in Pakistan where quite a few of them were actually killed

I'm concerned about Muslim hate crimes, we've got plenty of people, like yourself, spamming threads about attacks where Muslims are responsible.

And yes, I've been to NYC, and I doubt someone just 'accidentally' did this. The news wouldn't be reporting this if it was just an accident, lmfao
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Lmao what an exaggeration OP. The burn was the size of a 2p coin and if it really was that bad she wouldn't have been able to pat it out herself.

But I'm sure the poor guy who did it suffered from loss of a loved one to do something like this.

This logic is retarded lmao , since my mum is ill im gonna go attack people , feel sorry for me :wink:
Lmao what an exaggeration OP. The burn was the size of a 2p coin and if it really was that bad she wouldn't have been able to pat it out herself.

But I'm sure the poor guy who did it suffered from loss of a loved one to do something like this.

Please re-evaluate your childish simplification of my interpretation of the problem. Every single perpetrator of a terrorist attack, or even hate crimes or anything, has something bad go wrong in their life to generate hateful feelings which are collected by hateful groups, like ISIS, or like far-right groups. Its the same thing really.
And does the size make setting fire OK? Does the minimal impact mean its suddenly okay to attack Muslims in the streets? Come on man.
Original post by alevelstresss
I shrug my shoulders at the petty claims that Islam is the sole factor in causing them

Back with that lie, eh? Nobody, as far as I can tell, has ever said that. People have told you what is obvious: that Islam is a significant factor in ISIS support and terrorism; you, on the other hand, have claimed that it is a negligible factor, not even worth debating as a factor, and that the main driving factor is the trauma that ISIS supporters have suffered in their lives.
I'm concerned about Muslim hate crimes, we've got plenty of people, like yourself, spamming threads about attacks where Muslims are responsible.

And yes, I've been to NYC, and I doubt someone just 'accidentally' did this. The news wouldn't be reporting this if it was just an accident, lmfao

You don't know this is but at least you accept I 'spam' when it has been shown to be a actual hate crime rather than just 'suspected'

and isn't the death of about 20 a hate crime? or is it only when it is suspected that it might be a non Muslim attacker you are concerned about?

Which would be odd given a hate crime is a hate crime regardless who the victims are.
You don't know this is but at least you accept I 'spam' when it has been shown to be a actual hate crime rather than just 'suspected'

and isn't the death of about 20 a hate crime? or is it only when it is suspected that it might be a non Muslim attacker you are concerned about?

Which would be odd given a hate crime is a hate crime regardless who the victims are.

A hate crime is a crime motivated by prejudice. The person who did this would've attacked anyone, but why a Muslim? Do you think it is a coincidence?
A hate crime is a crime motivated by prejudice. The person who did this would've attacked anyone, but why a Muslim? Do you think it is a coincidence?

Yes that's right a hate crime is a crime motivated by prejudice (like a Muslim murdering 20 odd Muslims for being the wrong sort of Muslims (something you didn't feel the need to create a thread about))

But again I ask how do you know this was a hate crime? or even a crime rather than an accident.
Original post by Good bloke
Back with that lie, eh? Nobody, as far as I can tell, has ever said that. People have told you what is obvious: that Islam is a significant factor in ISIS support and terrorism; you, on the other hand, have claimed that it is a negligible factor, not even worth debating as a factor, and that the main driving factor is the trauma that ISIS supporters have suffered in their lives.

People may not say it, but all of the anti-Islam speech on threads in the immediate aftermath of terrorist attacks implies that Islam is the only thing that they think is worth blaming.

And it is a negligible factor, because as I explained when you last cried about this specific thing, if ISIS didn't exist, this hate would be concentrated by another form of extremism. I believe that Islamist terrorists and far-right terrorists are the same in this specific regard, they both consist of hateful people who have their hate legitimised by a political movement. If ISIS didn't exist, the hate crimes would still happen, under a different legitimacy.

Are you going to cry about non-existent A-level failure again? Or should I just block you straight away, I'm not even sure why I'm taking you seriously after that little meltdown of yours.
Original post by HAnwar
Can you imagine if this was the other way around, the amount of hate the Muslim would have got.

But instead people are quick to defend this man and are making up excuses to defend him.

TSR back at it with the double standards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you really expect anything different? :tongue:
Yes that's right a hate crime is a crime motivated by prejudice (like a Muslim murdering 20 odd Muslims for being the wrong sort of Muslims (something you didn't feel the need to create a thread about))

But again I ask how do you know this was a hate crime? or even a crime rather than an accident.

Firstly, I said in the OP that it was a "possible hate crime".

If the attack was conducted because she was Muslim, then it is a hate crime. I don't think its easy for someone to accidentally light someone's arm on fire, especially that its at night time in a non-crowded area, not in the bustling streets surrounding Times Square.
Reply 35
Original post by usycool1
Did you really expect anything different? :tongue:

Lol true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly, I said in the OP that it was a "possible hate crime".

If the attack was conducted because she was Muslim, then it is a hate crime. I don't think its easy for someone to accidentally light someone's arm on fire, especially that its at night time in a non-crowded area, not in the bustling streets surrounding Times Square.

No I replied to a post of yours (I even quoted it so you wouldn't get confused as I know you have a tenancy to do this)

'I'm concerned about Muslim hate crimes,' (these are your words not ones I've made up and pretended you have said)

and again I ask how do you know this is a hate and why are you concerned about it given you don't know it is a hate crime?

So she must be wholly burned alive for you to acknowledge how disgusting this was?

Oh. That's alright then!
A lot of the media are reporting that her sleave was set on fire. I have lived long enough to have seen probably tens of thousands of people walk past people with lighters in their hand, but I have never seen someone's sleave self combust upon walking past. And I am also sure that at 9pm on a Saturday in Manhattan, there would have been enough witnesses out to either corroborate or disprove this incident. Surely the fact that the police have released the footage of the man in question must show that they have found enough evidence to pursue this case?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
So she must be wholly burned alive for you to acknowledge how disgusting this was?

Oh. That's alright then!

Nice straw man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending