Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does your household recycle? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Does your household recycle?
    Yes
    86.30%
    No
    13.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I thought it was illegal not to recycle?
    Is it? I've always thought it was option. It was at least when my household decided to.

ReputationRep:
    No and it really [naughty word :teehee:] me off, just because others in my household are to damn lazy to put it in a different bin...

I'm not going to dig through a bin with cat poo just for recycling every week.

ReputationRep:
    yes, religiously

ReputationRep:
    No. I pay £150 a month council tax. I don't get much for that so they can pick my rubbish up.

I haven't got time to be sorting out rubbish and washing out old containers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    No. I pay £150 a month council tax. I don't get much for that so they can pick my rubbish up.

I haven't got time to be sorting out rubbish and washing out old containers.
    It's not that difficult to put a milk carton in a different bin

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The apartment block development I live in's recycling bins haven't been emptied in months - so we can't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeo)
    It's not that difficult to put a milk carton in a different bin
    It is. I don't want a selection of different bins in my kitchen. I only have space for one. And I don't want to have to go outside just to chuck a milk carton away. I don't see why I should bother. I pay for rubbish to be collected in my council tax.

ReputationRep:
    It is. I don't want a selection of different bins in my kitchen. I only have space for one. And I don't want to have to go outside just to chuck a milk carton away. I don't see why I should bother. I pay for rubbish to be collected in my council tax.
    everyone pays council tax, calm down - and your whole reason for being an ******* and not recycling is because you're lazy? that's low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeo)
    everyone pays council tax, calm down - and your whole reason for being an ******* and not recycling is because you're lazy? that's low.
    You could call it lazy. I don't get anything from recycling so I don't want to waste my energy doing it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they hire people to sort the waste?

ReputationRep:
    You could call it lazy. I don't get anything from recycling so I don't want to waste my energy doing it.
    why is anyone kind? why does anyone help poor people? why have free education and healthcare?

because being selfish is gross and being altruistic is so much better. recycling is better for the planet and if you're too self centred and narrow minded to see that, then there's really no point is arguing.

it's not difficult to have an extra bin in your kitchen and not everything is about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    I thought they hire people to sort the waste?
    who does? sorting trash is expensive and the government is too cheap to invest in the environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeo)
    who does? sorting trash is expensive and the government is too cheap to invest in the environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    Yes they sort in the recylables, like paper and metal and stuff but they're not going to sort recycling from regular trash

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.