Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriends dog has bit me. Watch

Thank you for all your comments.

The hospital sorted my arm but still the dog is growling at me and jumping up at me even as i type this.

Kind of lost on what to do his parents are hugely apologetic.

Do you have to stay there for the 3 weeks? Tbh I absolutely loathe dogs so if it were me I'd just say I'm sorry I can't stay here anymore dogs scare me and yours has just bit me and seriously injured me bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

The hospital sorted my arm but still the dog is growling at me and jumping up at me even as i type this.

They need to shut it away from you ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Give him some dog treats or even just use dog kibble as treats, whatever your boyfriend has. If you don't want to feed it to him directly, throw it at him, dogs are good catchers. Stroke him, do not always stand up in his presence (i.e bend down and say hello/stroke him if he comes in the room) as he thinks you are a threat! Don't ignore him as others were saying earlier - I understand that you may be scared of him now, but gradually build up doing these things over the next few days and he should start seeing you as less of a threat and relate you to being a good thing. Even my dogs scare me a bit sometimes, they are still animals with animal instinct after all! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It's incredible we still breed these things, hope you're okay and get it looked at. I've been bit before so I can empathise

ReputationRep:
    Tell them to train their dog, leave, come back when it's trained.

This was totally preventable! They shouldnt have let it happen the goons

Thanks.

I decided to leave as she was still jumping up me and nipping me even when i got back from the Hospital it just wasn't comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Well if it was your first time in the house then the dog must have sensed you as an intruder so he wanted to protect his home but now that you've been in there a couple times and the dog has seen you as part of the family it should be OK. The only way to make the dog really trust you is to interact with it. IE, give it food, take it for a walk or just play around with it and he'll soon come to love you

ReputationRep:
    It's good that you left - it isn't your job to train their dog.

ReputationRep:
    Also: the more tough dogs (German Sheppards especially) have a predatory instinct, so if they sense that you're afraid then they will think you are prey and their instincts kick in but if you assert yourself as someone who is in control of the situation by remaining calm and unphased by the dog's presence then he will recognize you as a leader

ReputationRep:
    Sue him.

Money over boyfriends.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.