Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've had 0 friends for the last 10 years. Watch

• Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Mahree_Ah)
    Sounds like misdirected anger tbh
    Well he keeps plenty of threads promoting his bully no mates policy and mocks plenty of other for having friends,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertpiktos)
    To me the definition of "friend" is someone you hang out with, go to the movies and so on.
    You've got to initiate. If you want to see a movie and someone that you know likes going to the cinema, then you invite them to it. Quick tip: most people prefer going in groups. Don't overcomplicate things, just say 'Hey someone, I heard *movie name* is coming out. How about we go and see it? You can invite some people if you want, I don't have a problem with that.' The best thing about hanging out in groups is that you get to meet more people so more friends. Its the same thing with hanging out, only you've got to specify where at when. So don't say 'Hey, lets hang out.', Say 'Hey, Nandos is opening in town. Lets go there on Saturday for lunch!'

ReputationRep:
    One of my saddest and painful memories from school is hiding in the toilet so that the other students will not see that I am alone and that I have no friends and no one to hang out with.

ReputationRep:
    lower your standards, you're probably targeting people better than you to befriend.

ReputationRep:
    In one of your recent threads you said you have "always enjoyed being alone". But I guess you only said that because maybe your indenial that you actually want friends. Just be your self 🙂. I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    To me the definition of "friend" is someone you hang out with, go to the movies and so on.
    Be my friend, I've had this kind of problem due to moving around alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Why are you all giving him sympathy and attention? Seems like its 100% his intention, so he got waht he wanted.
    I think OP is just trying to convince himself that he doesn't need friends..
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    I think OP is just trying to convince himself that he doesn't need friends..
    Probably. he appears to have opened up a bit now.

Yes I said that I don't want friends because after all those years without friends I really don't want any.

In the beginning I did want to have friends...

ReputationRep:
    Well at the beginning I did want friends..

But after all those years being alone I don't want anymore...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Probably. he appears to have opened up a bit now.
    idk mate
    unless you're the next orlando bloom, people aren't going to try to befriend someone who's unfriendly and doesn't like to socialize

ReputationRep:
    Since 9th grade i've had absoutely 0 friends.
    If you're being serious, then you should focus your love and attention towards your family. Noone will love you as much as your family and friends come and go family stay. If you dont get on with them then change that. Make a real effort to build close bonds with them. You could also try focusing your pain of having no friends into something positive, be it arts literature or expanding your knowledge. I personally use the gym as my place to get worries off my chest and focus my pain into gains. If you truly desirea friendship then YOU havr to do something about it. Itll be awkward, difficult and probably way outside your comfort zone but you should try joining clubs forums or even a chess club. ( dont know what yout into) but my main advice is to focus your pain into something positive. DONT feel sorry yourself. All the best my friend, hope this helps you.

ReputationRep:
    I have struggled with this too. I ended up with no friends at my first high school and sat in student support (for people with special needs, which I don't have). At my next high school though, from the end of year 9, I found a small group of people to sit with by talking to them in class and because they were unpopular so not high standards. Now I am in college I only have 1 lunch break a week and I have managed to find people to sit with for that who are in my lessons before and after. That is a massive relief to me as lunches were awful at my old high school. Last year in college though I was usually alone in the library at lunch but it was less stressful because people are less mean about being alone. I don't have any friends I see out of college at the moment though. I wouldn't really be able to ask. I had one friend who had to move far away recently who I used to see in my spare time occasionally,

ReputationRep:
    During high school I did try befriending people but no one, absolutely no one wanted to be my friend.

As a result I didn't have anyone to hang out with during breaks, I was so lonely.

ReputationRep:
    Also it helps getting exercise (even just by walking is what I do) and fresh air and not spending too much time online.

ReputationRep:
    During high school I did try befriending people but no one, absolutely no one wanted to be my friend.

As a result I didn't have anyone to hang out with during breaks, I was so lonely.
    This was me at my first high school. I tried to talk to people and did sit with people at first but they kept going off without me and would say there was no room where they were going even though they let others in. I

ReputationRep:
    As an introvert, I'm kinda the same...maybe? I mean, I've had friends - I have friends - but I don't have 'that' friend. The one you really can spill your secrets to - talk endlessly with, or even not at all and it not be awkward. Someone who invests as much time in you as you do them. Someone who wants to be your friend, but does so with the intention of it being for life - regardless of distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamplemousse.)
    This was me at my first high school. I tried to talk to people and did sit with people at first but they kept going off without me and would say there was no room where they were going even though they let others in. I
    Yes.
    It's the worst feeling in the world, when people don't want to be with you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    It's the worst feeling in the world, when people don't want to be with you.
    I know it sounds harsh but there's a chance it's your fault too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    I know it sounds harsh but there's a chance it's your fault too
    It's not my fault.
    I was nice and tried befriending them but they turned me down.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.