YouTubers are trash! 16 year olds trying to make a living off daily vlogging!

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There are gamers making more than your parents, just to well play games.

Let that sink in...

ReputationRep:
    i dont watch vloggers but i gained quite some success through youtube a few years back. Not enough to live off but i enjoyed the work.

I fail to see your reasoning. This person is doing well, earning her own money, providing entertainment that people enjoy and your slating her for it?

Let her enjoy her success. Fair play to her.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not jealous in the slightest. Why are people being chased up for not undertaking full time education, training or an apprenticeship? Girls, what are your opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you watch their videos?

ReputationRep:
    The twenty-something vloggers will run out of ideas and content, and will get older, eventually fading into irrelevance. The 15/16/17-year-old ones will bring some fresh new ideas, and will become the new 'relevant'. In that time, they get sponsors, sign brand deals, and are able to 'throw their weight around' as a nouveau-celebrity for a few years, making themselves plenty of money. Invest it in the right places and be smart with it, and by 25 they could have enough to be comfortable for a lifetime.

Add that to the fact that they enjoy doing it, and I think that's it's a good way to make a living for yourself. If it's feasible, I see no reason for them not to take it up as a career choice.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    Your main argument is because someone is getting paid from youtube and this person who got 10a*'s at gcse's isn't earning money it isn't right?

To make money from youtube you have to produce good content right. Also to product good content you have to put more effort as well, getting 10 a*'s at gcse's is a lot easier then getting a career from youtube. Also according to social blade saffron earns 60k a year with her smallish channel. If she continues doing this for another 5 years cant she just put a downpayment on a property... Also how do you know youtube is not a long term job?

To do youtube you have to be special you cant pay your way in and you cant even get shoutouts from other you tubers as many people have given people shoutouts and hasn't worked for them

I think you are jealous that you're probably going to get average a level results and go into an average university and get into debt whilst this girl same age as you is earning probably your peak salary.... not even being rude but being truthful
    Or maybe your argument is a complete red herring; you're jealous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    Or maybe your argument is a complete red herring; you're jealous?

I'm the jealous one out of us two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    I'm the jealous one out of us two?
    I assume so. Why would I be jealous of a 16 year old female whose occupation is YouTube? I quite like my entrepreneurial culture; as a sideline I benefit from e-commerce. I'd like to emphasise the word sideline - what 16 year old sells on eBay full time?

ReputationRep:
    If people want to watch them the people will keep making them. Most fads die out anyway if you're really that bothered.

ReputationRep:
    you should become a comedian
    I assume so. Why would I be jealous of a 16 year old female whose occupation is YouTube? I quite like my entrepreneurial culture; as a sideline I benefit from e-commerce. I'd like to emphasise the word sideline - what 16 year old sells on eBay full time?

ReputationRep:
    I can name 10-20 16 year olds off the top of my head who either:

Have their own Business
    Sell on eBay full time
    Are CEOs of some sort of project/company

You're not anything special because you sell on eBay full time.

Back to the original topic. Why do you even care about what others are doing? Not everybody is academically bright (and god knows we don't need 7 billion academically bright people), so if somebody finds something that they're good at which allows them to make an income, why hate on it? Let people be happy. Full time education isn't for everyone, so please stop expecting everybody to be in some sort of full-time education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aklaol)
    I can name 10-20 16 year olds off the top of my head who either:

Have their own Business
    Sell on eBay full time
    Are CEOs of some sort of project/company

You're not anything special because you sell on eBay full time.

Back to the original topic. Why do you even care about what others are doing? Not everybody is academically bright (and god knows we don't need 7 billion academically bright people), so if somebody finds something that they're good at which allows them to make an income, why hate on it? Let people be happy. Full time education isn't for everyone, so please stop expecting everybody to be in some sort of full-time education.
    I don't sell on eBay full time, hence why I emphasised the word "sideline." I was likening e-commerce to producing YouTube videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    I can't even express my hatred for Zoella in words, she's the worst one.
    Get some money and stop whining.

ReputationRep:
    some people choose not to go to sixth form just as you choose not to go to sixth form but instead posting endless threads on TSR. How's that apprenticeship?

ReputationRep:
    I never watch them, but if their channel is positive and doesn't hurt or harm anyone I don't see the problem. They are doing something constructive and creative with their time. Better than walking around the streets carrying a knife or nicking cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CashCrazed)
    Get some money and stop whining.
    I actually liked her before she moved in with Alfie to Brighton. She's died her hair blonde, when it doesn't suit her. She's morphing into her boyfriends sister which is a creepy.

She jokes about Tanya dying, finally being able to be with Jim and already pregnant with his babies. She's become a total sell out, she sits at home all day on her ass doing nothing. Only uploads when companies send her products for the promotion. It was July and she's talking about Christmas, watching Christmas movies etc and mentioned it in every video. Marcus threw shade at her for it. She never leaves her house unless it's for money. She doesn't attend anyone else's event unless she's being paid. She didn't even go to Niomis event.

Not to mention the fact, she promoted 12 year old girls swim wear DESPITE being 26 and claiming her audience is 18-24. Yeah, right.. Keep dreaming. Then again, she only promoted it because she was being paid to do so.

She needs to move back in with her Dad or Joe, they put her in her place. They don't put up with her ****. People use her for the views.

Please don't get me started on her boyfriend, I want to hit him with a brick multiple times.

You want to know what vlogger I do like?
    Superwoman. She has over 600, vlogs everyday. Almost 10 million subscribers. Uploads on Monday and Thursday with new ideas. She MOVED alone from Canada to America for more career opportunities despite having 10 million subscribers? I wonder why that is, it's because she's a hard worker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    I can't even express my hatred for Zoella in words, she's the worst one.
    I thought she was quite popular. What do you think of fleur de force?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I thought she was quite popular. What do you think of fleur de force?
    Read the post I just made to why I hate her now. I used to like her but now she just pisses me the **** off.

I haven't hear of her to be honest, I'll check her out and let you know!

I do quite like Superwoman and JennaMarbles though. Oh, Miranda Sings is nice too.

ReputationRep:
    Their career choice, if they're getting paid for doing what they like to do then more power to them. I don't see how it can piss you off like it's unfair, if you're envious then you're perfectly welcome to do it yourself. I don't want to hear some dull teen talk about their boring life, so you know what I do? I don't watch them.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.