Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is eating animals okay, but not humans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    But wild animals do. But humans don't eat wild animals. They eat animals that are enslaved in battery farms. When they are born they are taken away from their mother. Why not just do the same for humans.
    We cant enslave humans in battery farms because we (the parents) have more means to object against that .

ReputationRep:
    They do eat humans in some places.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    There is no objective answer to this question. Vegans/vegetarians will insist that they are right in every way possible and meat eaters frankly do not give a flying **** how animals are killed. Simple.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Because cannibalism will spread prion diseases like Kuru - it's very poorly advised. Why do veggies and vegans still think this is a remotely persuasive argument?

ReputationRep:
    The slave trade made our lives easier too. Should we bring that back?
    No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread is acc pointless but if want to eat human go eat yourself and then come back and tell us if it tastes nice. Apparently the smell of burning human flesh is nasty and acc one that if so strong can make you pass out (WW2 concentration camps etc.) let alone putting in your mouth and eating it. It's just wrong both socially and morally ,man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    There is no objective answer to this question. Vegans/vegetarians will insist that they are right in every way possible and meat eaters frankly do not give a flying **** how animals are killed. Simple.
    OK so as long someone doesn't care, that makes it ok. Got it.

Heck, let's drop some more nukes on Nagaski, I'm sure some people don't give a flying ****, so that makes it ok. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Social conditioning bruh

ReputationRep:
    I've heard human meat doesn't taste great tbh...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    OK so as long someone doesn't care, that makes it ok. Got it.

Heck, let's drop some more nukes on Nagaski, I'm sure some people don't give a flying ****, so that makes it ok. Simple.
    So you're comparing the killing of animals for food to the killing of humans during wartime.

Yes, real smart logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    They do eat humans in some places.
    I would eat u:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    So you're comparing the killing of animals for food to the killing of humans during wartime.

Yes, real smart logic.
    But you said as long as someone doesn't care, it's an irrelevant question.

It's literally your logic.

ReputationRep:
    We are carnivores, not cannibals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlightblues)
    We are carnivores, not cannibals.
    But what's the difference in the meat of an animal, and that of a human?

If it were served on a plate, grilled and seasoned, could you tell the difference? Or would your brain say 'YUM! DECAYING CARCASS ON MY PLATE! LET ME GET A SIDE OF FRIES WITH THIS!'

ReputationRep:

None, considering by definition humans are literally animals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hateme)
    I would eat u:mmm:
    M8, you wouldn't know where to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    M8, you wouldn't know where to start.

ReputationRep:
    the iq of tsr has just single handidly been decreased by this thread
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    But you said as long as someone doesn't care, it's an irrelevant question.

It's literally your logic.
    No, read properly.

What I said: There is no objective answer to this question because vegetarians will insist they are right and meat eaters don't give a ****.

Let me break that sentence for you so you can understand. Meat eaters don't give a **** how animals are killed. Vegetarians think they are right all the time. Both ideologies are subjective and no "right" answer can be drawn from the question.

So out of that sentence please point where I said it's irrelevant because meat eaters don't care. I am pointing out that there is no right answer, but instead you present a straw man to the argument and imply that I said that it's okay for animals to be killed.

You are also comparing two completely different things and in the wrong context. You are comparing the killing of humans for food to the bombing of a city during the war.

Try again.

ReputationRep:

If it were served on a plate, grilled and seasoned, could you tell the difference? Or would your brain say 'YUM! DECAYING CARCASS ON MY PLATE! LET ME GET A SIDE OF FRIES WITH THIS!'
    Well technically, it is possible to eat human meat there are concerns of whether it is ethically correct - which it certainly isn't.
    Most animals don't eat their own kind, despite having less of a conscience then we have.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.