The Student Room Group

Do I have to wear make up to be attractive to guys?

Scroll to see replies

No
Reply 21
I generally wear make-up when I go out but not during the day, in fact, I think I met all three of my boyfriends while I wasn't wearing make-up. You do have to look nice, though, I think it's far more of a deal-breaker if your hair is all over the place and you look scruffy. I was still dressed nicely.
Most girls will look pretty bad without make-up and certainly not attractive enough to make someone out of the blue want to ask them out.

Still once in a relationship it won't matter much, yet for (scheduled) sex and social events you should still wear make-up as it does make you look far more attractive when done properly as Rakas notes.
Original post by UWS
It depends. I think wearing makeup makes girls feel more secure about their looks. Confidence is attractive to guys, as is the physical appearance.

But you don't have to wear it to be attractive. Some girls look good without it. Some guys don't even care if a girl does or does not wear makeup. What matters most is that you're happy with what you do.

Are you chinese?.
Because chinese girls do tend to wear tons of make up.
People who use the word senpai should be gassed.
Reply 25
Original post by robertpiktos
Are you chinese?.
Because chinese girls do tend to wear tons of make up.

Yep, a lot of them do. Dunno why though...
lipstick is a kind of signal of fertility ?
No you shouldn't have to at all, besides in a long term serious relationship there will come a point where they will see you without make up so why start by doing so.
I might be a really weird guy but almost every girl i know i find looks worse with makeup to me..
Original post by TorpidPhil
Most girls will look pretty bad without make-up and certainly not attractive enough to make someone out of the blue want to ask them out.

Still once in a relationship it won't matter much, yet for (scheduled) sex and social events you should still wear make-up as it does make you look far more attractive when done properly as Rakas notes.

My personal experience would like to have a word with you :tongue:
Are you a natural redhead?
Original post by Sisuphos
Are you actually a redhead?

Yes, 100% natural redhead :laugh:

Why?
If you want to wear makeup then wear it. If you're not comfortable doing so then don't. I find certain makeup attracts men a lot more, ie I tend to get a lot more attention when I wear red lipstick. As said above though, they're going to see you without makeup eventually though if things get serious so its important to be confident with and without it IMO.
Exceptions if you are in a place wherein chatting up women is pretty normal i.e. a bar or club.

Also, perhaps you are just more pretty than most women are naturally!
yes, if you want to be double sure get him drunk
Well apparently, girls these days only 'wear make-up for themselves'. so...
Depends if you're already attractive without it. But makeup can make ugly girls hot.
Yes, if you want to mislead people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Exceptions if you are in a place wherein chatting up women is pretty normal i.e. a bar or club.

Also, perhaps you are just more pretty than most women are naturally!

I wasn't

I highly doubt that I am aswell
No you don't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending