Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Of course it is. The leader of their movement said they'd go and find some free land somewhere. What a preposterous idea; there is no free land on earth. All land on earth is currently owned by some government or another.

The only thing they could do is to create a new island like the Chinese are doing in the Spratly area
    He's probably delusional, it's not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    He's probably delusional, it's not going to happen.
    I don't want to be that harsh. He probably knows it won't happen either. But it's a little bit rigid to harshly dismiss dreamers. I welcome his contribution to the debate; I disagree with him but it's a valid debate to have

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be that harsh. He probably knows it won't happen either. But it's a little bit rigid to harshly dismiss dreamers. I welcome his contribution to the debate; I disagree with him but it's a valid debate to have
    I'm just being realistic I guess

(Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Just because 3% is produced it doesn't mean they will go to gaytopia.
    3% of the global population is a lot. Many will be from homophobic countries, since that is where the population growth is (e.g. around 40% of babies born will be born in Africa by 2050; Africa is not homophilic), and thus many would want to migrate to Homotopia. You only need a fraction of them to have a sizeable country.

Are you gay?
    Why dost thou ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Why dost thou ask?
    If your'e not then I think you should consider your language a bit more carefully. Talking about "queers" this and "homos" that can be a bit obnoxious coming from a straight person. It's like black people being able to use the N word

3% of the global population is a lot
    The number of "gay households" is more like 6%. When you include bisexuals and people who are gay but in other kinds of relationships, around 10%. If you include anyone who has ever had same-sex sexual relations, it's 20%.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is. The leader of their movement said they'd go and find some free land somewhere. What a preposterous idea; there is no free land on earth. All land on earth is currently owned by some government or another.

The only thing they could do is to create a new island like the Chinese are doing in the Spratly area
    Pretty sure antartica is still free,could be a bit chilly though.On the other hand you would be pretty far away from just about everyone and as someone who hates people in general that sounds appealing.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't this just make gays feel isolated and separated as if they aren't normal or worthy with being associated with straight people and also vica versa

ReputationRep:
    You would think gay people are from a different planet that need special treatment to survive.

Just be gay and get on with it. you do not need to have your own island

If your'e not then I think you should consider your language a bit more carefully. Talking about "queers" this and "homos" that can be a bit obnoxious coming from a straight person. It's like black people being able to use the N word
    Its rather queer that you should imply I used the term "queers".

ReputationRep:
    My OP has been warned, I'd just like to say to the mods that I am gay myself. I'm not being homophobic, maybe my language was a little over the top (and yes, straight people shouldn't be joining in with the "Oh look, homos queers etc"; that's like white people using the N word)
    I use the N word all the time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.