Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

So I finally met this really nice girl but...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You probably aren't interested anymore but I thought Id give a quick update...

Its strange cos I talked to her yesterday briefly, I asked about her studies and general small talk but she never asked me a question?

I also paused in the middle of the convo to see if she would continue the convo but she didnt so I restarted it for a short while before leaving.

The thing is, she doesn't initiate convos over msg or irl but when I ask her stuff, she provides a lot of detail and gives good body language, like strong eye contact and smiling

-I also complimented her glasses but she didnt say anything about it, I think she was embarrassed?

is she possibly intimidated or just shy? (shes a year younger and we have barely talked before)

she is definitely more of a quiet type and Im more confident and outgoing so maybe thats why?

or should I just stop trying and wait for her to reach out to me?
    She could be shy or she might be slightly autistic? Why not just seek to engage her in communication more or just ask her out? Theres no garm in saying youd be interested in ding soemthing fun or getting to know her better.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    She could be shy or she might be slightly autistic? Why not just seek to engage her in communication more or just ask her out? Theres no garm in saying youd be interested in ding soemthing fun or getting to know her better.

(Original post by Rhaenys10)
    you misunderstood me
    i said that she doesn't necessarily have to be interested in you now
    waiting for the ppl you find attractive to like you back isn't really the best way to go, especially with shy types
    and starting a convo with a girl or complimenting her isn't a great indicator that you like her.. unless you're a sixth grader
    man up and ask her out
    (Original post by Jaffalaffa)
    Dude! Seriously, you should try to become closer with her, if you think she is interested in you in any way then go for it, but if not, try and show that you are by being flirty, then she might know that you like her and will become conscious of it.
    Thank you for all your great advice!!

As you can quite obviously see, I haven't done anything even close to this before so I dont want to mess it up!

I am confident enough to ask her out and can handle a possible rejection but I just wonder if its too fast (we've only spoken twice), or is it better to make my intentions clear and ask earlier?

I dont want to scare her off, do you think a shy girl would prefer to be asked out earlier or get to know someone first (its hard cos we dont have lessons together)-----or do you get to know someone on the date?

I know every girl is different, I'll try to speak to her next week regardless and ask her out for next weekend perhaps at a coffee shop or something

In meaning if you feel she isnt engaging then perhaps its part of her SEN. You dont know what it is. It might be she is just dyslexic.

If you ask her out just do it with confidence and in a non threatening way. If its too much just you and her then go with a group of friends, although you said you are both loners. Alternatively just chat more with her on messenger or whatever app you use.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all your great advice!!

As you can quite obviously see, I haven't done anything even close to this before so I dont want to mess it up!

I am confident enough to ask her out and can handle a possible rejection but I just wonder if its too fast (we've only spoken twice), or is it better to make my intentions clear and ask earlier?

I dont want to scare her off, do you think a shy girl would prefer to be asked out earlier or get to know someone first (its hard cos we dont have lessons together)-----or do you get to know someone on the date?

I know every girl is different, I'll try to speak to her next week regardless and ask her out for next weekend perhaps at a coffee shop or something
    it doesn't really matter how long you wait
    she's probably already made up her mind about you ...if he agrees to go out with you than it's all good
    if she doesn't, well, you're gonna have to move on

(Original post by 999tigger)
    In meaning if you feel she isnt engaging then perhaps its part of her SEN. You dont know what it is. It might be she is just dyslexic.

If you ask her out just do it with confidence and in a non threatening way. If its too much just you and her then go with a group of friends, although you said you are both loners. Alternatively just chat more with her on messenger or whatever app you use.
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    it doesn't really matter how long you wait
    she's probably already made up her mind about you ...if he agrees to go out with you than it's all good
    if she doesn't, well, you're gonna have to move on
    thanks for everything, Ill definitely approach her and see where it goes from there, Ill post what happens

thanks for everything, Ill definitely approach her and see where it goes from there, Ill post what happens
    Good luck and the advantage is that at least you will know.

ReputationRep:
    I liked her fb profile pic from 2015 and she didnt anything of mine back?
    Now imagine a friend told you this. What would you tell him? e.g. what are you even talking about, you tool, speak to her!

I really think I should give up, she has barely given any positive signs..
    Then give up. Either way, don't waste any more time/energy thinking about it. Just do it, whether that means positive action, or avoidance and focusing on other things/people :yy:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.