Turn on thread page Beta

Should males be allowed F for sex on passports? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Pol mate you had me worried there . I thought you wanted the right to call yourself a woman if you saw fit.
    So I guess this confusion is the reason you can't have F on your passport. Most people wouldn't know the Irish for male, and would just assume you were supposed to be a girl. If they had the whole word on it it might be ok. I don't think there's any sinister reasoning behind it, just they want to stop dumb airport workers from becoming confused
    Reminds me of "The Life of Brian"...

ReputationRep:
    Me hasn't seen life of Brian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Reminds me of "The Life of Brian"...
    want to change your name to loretta?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    want to change your name to loretta?
    No thanks... Judith, maybe...

ReputationRep:
    Now, that I understand your complaint...

Maybe you should be issued a passport that has everything in your language on one side, and on the other side it should have everything in english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Now, that I understand your complaint...

Maybe you should be issued a passport that has everything in your language on one side, and on the other side it should have everything in english.
    Maybe that would be better, but Why should it be in Enhlish at all? I doubt it is on, say, a Chinese/Iranian passport.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that would be better, but Why should it be in Enhlish at all? I doubt it is on, say, a Chinese/Iranian passport.
    But presumely on a chinese passport they do not have the local dialect but Mandarian? prehaps someone will a chinese passport could clear that up

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that would be better, but Why should it be in Enhlish at all?
    Because English is by far the most widely spoken language in the Republic of Ireland, the country which issued your passport, and also it is understood across Europe. Passports are a tool that needs to be easily usable, not a vehicle for parading minority languages.

ReputationRep:
    My mum has a new iranian passport and it has english writing on it. Maybe in the past, it didn't, but does now.

There's an Iranian embassy in London, she had to go there to sort it all out etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    At least polthegael doesn't go round mindlessly abusing people based on ridiculous perceptions of the Irish.
    To be honest I feel that polthegael sometimes adds to stereotypical perception of the Irish, which Gnostic is quite fairly making fun of. That picture made me chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    To be honest I feel that polthegael sometimes adds to stereotypical perception of the Irish, which Gnostic is quite fairly making fun of. That picture made me chuckle.
    an bhfuil cead agam dul ar go dtí an leithreas, más é do thoil é?

ReputationRep:
    Polthegael may in your opinion overplay his nationality sometimes however that certainly does not justify Gnostic's actions. There have been mulitple personnal and offfensive messages posted today by him and frankly i am suprised that Polthegael has put up with it. If Gnostic wants to take issue with it, he should do it in an interlectual capicity rather than the crude and thoughless way which he has done recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Polthegael may in your opinion overplay his nationality sometimes however that certainly does not justify Gnostic's actions. There have been mulitple personnal and offfensive messages posted today by him and frankly i am suprised that Polthegael has put up with it. If Gnostic wants to take issue with it, he should do it in an interlectual capicity rather than the crude and thoughless way which he has done recently.
    I am only refering to that single picture on this thread -- I do not know about anything else Gnostic has done. All I am saying is that I thought the picture provided an accurate and amusing satire (although it wasn't hugely subtle, I admit) of thoughts polthegael has expressed over the weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I am only refering to that single picture on this thread -- I do not know about anything else Gnostic has done. All I am saying is that I thought the picture provided an accurate and amusing satire (although it wasn't hugely subtle, I admit) of thoughts polthegael has expressed over the weeks.
    similar pictures along with personnal comments have appeared on more than 3 other threads.

ReputationRep:
    i don't actually care about Gnostic pic's vaguely amusing for a few seconds however when he says he wants to go and crush muslims i think he should be banned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    similar pictures along with personnal comments have appeared on more than 3 other threads.
    I agree that's excessive then.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that's excessive then.
    What picture did he put up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    What picture did he put up?
    Front page, half way down.

Please don't spam asking stupid questions without first reading the thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Front page, half way down.

Please don't spam asking stupid questions without first reading the thread!
    Please don't be so rude to people who've done you know harm.

ReputationRep:
    if this guy really wants "f" on his passport, then medical science has an answer

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.