Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever drink alcohol alone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't get wasted alone, but a bottle of cider or a glass of wine is nice sometimes with dinner or when I'm just chilling watching something on Netflix lol.

ReputationRep:
    When I lived at home with my mum, yes. I used to love just having a few drinks in my room while talking to friends on MSN or watching movies. Now that I live with my partner, we drink together instead of going out to pubs and I often prefer that drinking in my house tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Men saying they drink wine lol... Okay..??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to have one or two drinks if I felt like it and I was home alone. I didn't see being alone as a reason to deny myself a couple glasses of wine on the weekend! I'm never home alone anymore though.

ReputationRep:
    In the past,yes. Just a glass of wine at dinner but would occasionally drink with friends at family during gathering and get togethers
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Compton Menace)
    Men saying they drink wine lol... Okay..??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty normal I thought. Unless you were raised on a council estate, of course, in which case even consuming a 'light' beer would see you being labelled a poof :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Drinking alone now.

ReputationRep:
    No because it's literally poison and increases your oestrogen levels.

ReputationRep:
    Big fan of it. Feels better, and is good for sleeping more easily.

ReputationRep:
    I do on occasion mainly if it's a bottle of something fine and next to impossible to find like I have a bottle of 23-year-old pappy van winkle bourbon that's £2,400 a bottle so I tend to have a couple of glasses alone and the same when i had my 1875 cognac it was a unique occasion to crack it open

ReputationRep:
    On dry nights I like to sit in my garden and drink spirits, usually whiskey or vodka and just chill with a cigar or something. Although sometimes I do it with friends other times I enjoy being alone so I can just unwind, reflect and relax. Thing is when I drink alone I often end up calling a friend and who says no to free drinks? Lol

ReputationRep:
    sure, when I'm at home sometimes watching football for example I will sink a few snakebites.....good value as for the price of 4 cans and a bottle of cider you can get like 8-10 pints out of it lol

ReputationRep:
    A couple of Whiskeys now and then just to relax. Not to the point of getting wasted, though, as that would be a bit depressing imo.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not since 2002. :noway:

ReputationRep:
    No because I'm Straight Edge (and can't legally drink anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
    can't think of anything more depressing
    I like the irony of this coming from someone with Camus as their picture :laugh:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.